Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cannibal Ox are holding a fundraiser for their sophomore album. (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120964)

Young Gun 02-22-2013 07:41 AM

Cannibal Ox are holding a fundraiser for their sophomore album.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...bal-ox-returns

From Kickstarter:

"Support the IGC REC movement!

Cannibal Ox is launching their own label Iron Galaxy Clik (IGC) Records and have reunited for their long awaited sophomore album. Cannibal Ox has already completed their first leg of their tour and funding will help us with videos, more US and International touring, the label, our spring 2013 single entitled "GOTHAM {OX CITY}" and most importantly the completion of the album. Instead of complaining about the quality of hip hop, make a change and support a real movement. 100% of your pledges will go to the funding of the sophomore album of Cannibal Ox, new videos, touring support, marketing and promotion, street teams (physical and digital), and production budget for other featured artists on the album. This label and album is 10 years in the making and needs the fans support to bring it to life."

Vast Aire - CEO IGC Records

racist randy 02-22-2013 08:33 AM

Lol retire.

check two 02-22-2013 09:34 AM

Are they going to be selling girl scout cookies?

Pestilence 02-22-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz (Post 2306294)
Lol retire.

Why? Kickstarter projects have actually produced good stuff(not saying every one has) and they actually can make good music, no one is saying you should participate.

Young Gun 02-22-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz (Post 2306294)
Lol retire.

Considering you're a fan of Vordul Mega, this is ironic.

Young Gun 02-22-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 2306329)
Why? Kickstarter projects have actually produced good stuff(not saying every one has) and they actually can make good music, no one is saying you should participate.

Word. Cats'll sit on here and trash a group like Cannibal Ox for trying to rebuild independently from the ground up, then go praise a Kendrick Lamar album like it's Illmatic...

Even if Vast Aire isn't up to par on this release- which is possible, Vordul will hold down his end.

This is a 2012 joint for all y'all sleeping:

ShaDynasty 02-22-2013 09:03 PM

come on, its a weak move.

100% of your money will go toward buying heroin and donuts.

EAGLE EYE 02-22-2013 09:31 PM

lol Byron Crawfords blog said the fundraiser was because its cold outside, heating bill etc, something

Didnt Chuck D try a crowd sourced album at one point?

racist randy 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Gun (Post 2306337)
Considering you're a fan of Vordul Mega, this is ironic.

Yeah but come on...

V1LLAIN 02-23-2013 04:18 AM

Get a job you lazy bums!!!

8 02-23-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1LLAIN (Post 2306570)
Get a job you lazy bums!!!

LMFAO realest post ever. Repped

Young Gun 02-23-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz (Post 2306478)
Yeah but come on...

New music is new music. They're obviously gonna put their all into the record if their fans are funding it. It probably won't be as strong as the Cold Vein, we're in a different decade/they're different people; but better to have a quality independent release, than a rushed album shipped out by a random label in assembly line fashion. Solo careers in mind, I'm looking forward to this new single.

REANIMATED 02-23-2013 10:19 AM

loser ass rappers being loser ass rappers!!!!!!!!!!!!

how come vast aire was able to drop like 5 solo albums without begging the fans for money?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

i dont trust a fat fuck or a dope fiend with my money...

these rappers need their hands held...

i dont know whats sadder... asking the fans for money... or actually seeing how much money the fans give them....

i bet they blow it all on dinner the night of the show and give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

production costs... keeping vast aire in snacks and vordul on the drip... vast aire should open a dojo for obese martial artists

racist randy 02-23-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REANIMATED (Post 2306608)
loser ass rappers being loser ass rappers!!!!!!!!!!!!

how come vast aire was able to drop like 5 solo albums without begging the fans for money?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

i dont trust a fat fuck or a dope fiend with my money...

these rappers need their hands held...

i dont know whats sadder... asking the fans for money... or actually seeing how much money the fans give them....

i bet they blow it all on dinner the night of the show and give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

production costs... keeping vast aire in snacks and vordul on the drip... vast aire should open a dojo for obese martial artists

Exactly.

ShaDynasty 02-23-2013 12:58 PM

This all being said, im still looking forward to this, these guys are geniuses.