The Evil Within Trailer
Bethesda Softworks, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced the planned release of The Evil Within, a survival horror game developed at Tango Gameworks under the direction of renowned game designer and studio head, Shinji Mikami. Best known as the father of the survival horror genre and creator of the Resident Evil series, Mikami is a 20-year veteran of the industry who has developed numerous award-winning titles.
- Uses the ID Tech 5. They say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.
- Game is trying to strike a balance between horror and action, but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.
- The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.
- They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you'll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions. You also can utilize traps enemies set-up for you on them instead.
- It seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems.
- They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and that you're being hunted by something mysterious and dark.
Due on PC, Xbox 360, PS3 and next gen consoles early 2014
Screenshots here - http://imgur.com/a/lDI0v
lookin forward to seeing some actual gameplay of this
Auto-cop for my ps4.
WOW, looks intense... im not a fan of resident evil so much... but this looks like a straight horror flick... interesting
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2015 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one