Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Top 5 Southern Hip-Hop albums (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121984)

KJR 04-24-2013 08:48 AM

Top 5 Southern Hip-Hop albums

So southern hip hop can be divisive and not everyone likes it, but it definitely has gems in it. What are your top 5 hip hop albums from the south. Mine would probably be:

1. Outkast - Aquemini
2. UGK - Ridin' Dirty
3. Scarface - Mr. Scarface Is Back
4. Juvenile - 400 Degreez
5. Goodie Mob - Soul Food

spiggity_ace 04-24-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJR (Post 2322088)
So southern hip hop can be divisive and not everyone likes it, but it definitely has gems in it. What are your top 5 hip hop albums from the south. Mine would probably be:

1. Outkast - Aquemini
2. UGK - Ridin' Dirty
3. Scarface - Mr. Scarface Is Back
4. Juvenile - 400 Degreez
5. Goodie Mob - Soul Food

goodie mob- soul food
outkast- aquemini
ball n g- comin out hard
scarface- the diary
ugk- ridin dirty

probably in that order

KJR 04-24-2013 07:31 PM

Interesting, what makes Soul Food the top southern album for you?

LA zoo 04-24-2013 07:49 PM

1.) Aquemini
2.) The Diary
3.) ATLiens
4.) Sould Food
5.) Underground Kingz

Mcthuggin99 04-24-2013 07:58 PM

ATLiens
Ridin Dirty
Last Of A Dying Breed
Mista Don't Play

b-dolo 04-24-2013 08:22 PM

Atliens-Outkast
The Diary-Scarface
SuperTight-UGK
Soul Food- Goodie Mob
We cant be stopped- Geto Boys

UNCLE RUCKUS 04-24-2013 09:03 PM

Ganksta Nip-South Park Pyscho
OutKast- ATLiens
Geto Boys-We Cant Be Stopped
DOC-No One Can Do It Better
Goodie Mob-Soul Food

noel411 04-25-2013 12:45 AM

Holy fucken shit, I can't believe what I'm seeing here. I tell myself it's not true and this must just be a bad dream but then I go back through the thread and see that the unthinkable truly has just taken place here. Death to all you faggots who didn't mention one single Geto Boys album. Fucken disgraceful. Makes me want to cry in despair.

Ganksta NIP - South Park Psycho
Geto Boys - Geto Boys
Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped
Geto Boys - Till Death Do Us Part
Bushwick Bill - Phantom of the Rapra

I'd also like to say that K-Rino is far and away the best MC to ever come out of the south, but his albums can't fuck with those 5 I just mentioned.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS 04-25-2013 01:02 AM

Outkast-Aquemini
David Banner-MTA2: Baptized in Dirty Water
UGK-Ridin' Dirty
Goodie Mob-Soul Food
Scarface-The Fix

KJR 04-25-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noel411 (Post 2322233)
Holy fucken shit, I can't believe what I'm seeing here. I tell myself it's not true and this must just be a bad dream but then I go back through the thread and see that the unthinkable truly has just taken place here. Death to all you faggots who didn't mention one single Geto Boys album. Fucken disgraceful. Makes me want to cry in despair.

Ganksta NIP - South Park Psycho
Geto Boys - Geto Boys
Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped
Geto Boys - Till Death Do Us Part
Bushwick Bill - Phantom of the Rapra

I'd also like to say that K-Rino is far and away the best MC to ever come out of the south, but his albums can't fuck with those 5 I just mentioned.

Noel, what's your favorite Scarface solo album?

noel411 04-25-2013 08:38 AM

I liked the first 3. I haven't heard any of them in years though. I had 'The Diary' and 'The World is Yours' in my early days and listened to them a fair bit and enjoyed them. I got 'Mr Scarface is Back' a little later on and from what I recall it was quite good but my interests were starting to move more towards other music so I didn't listen to it much. His later albums I don't think I would have heard more than once each, though I do own most of them.

I'd really have to listen to them again to pick a fave. When it comes down to it the Bushwick album I named is a whole lot more memorable and I still listen to it occasionally to this day. That was a really good album as a whole. Very impressive effort for a one eyed midget.

spiggity_ace 04-25-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJR (Post 2322192)
Interesting, what makes Soul Food the top southern album for you?

I can't really give a reason other than it just is.

I mean songs like i didn't ask to come are so powerful. especially the way T-mo soudns on that song he makes u really feel what hes saying.

Other than that the production is awesome, Cee-Lo really showed his worth on that album as a rapper too.

It's really overlooked IMO as well, its up there with Outkasts work easily.

SickT 04-25-2013 02:50 PM

Three Six Mafia - Chapter 1: The End
Three Six Mafia - Chapter 2: World Domination
Outkast - Aquemini
UGK - Supatight
Devin the Dude - The Dude

check two 04-25-2013 03:24 PM

The Geto Boys Resurrection album was also really solid.

CharlesJones 04-27-2013 09:22 AM

Noel411, i see you really love the Geto Boys and i like that. Geto Boys are my favorite southern rap group. You know Willie D is my boy hahahahaha.

1. Geto Boys-We Can't Be Stopped, Till Death Do Us Part, The Resurrection
2. College Boyz-Radio Fusion Radio
3. Scarface-The World Is Yours

Here's my other favorite southern rap albums because it's hard to say just 5.

Scarface-Mr Scarface Is Back
Willie D-Play Witcha Mama, Loved By Few Hated By Many, Unbreakable, Controversy
College Boyz-Nuttin Less Nuttin Mo
Ludacris-Back For The First Time, Theatre Of The Mind

I'm surprised nobody said College Boyz Radio Fusion Radio album because that album has a lot of jams. They're from Baytown, Texas and i don't know how close that is to Dallas or Houston. Romany Malco who was the lead rapper is a actor now and ya'll have seen him in MC Hammer movie, Weeds tv show, Think Like A Man movie. He also had a small part in wack movie Ticker with Steven Seagal and rapper Nas. He also did a movie with rappers Silkk The Shocker and Ice T. Not too many people know about College Boyz. Radio Fusion Radio came out in 1992 and they did one more album after that which was Nuttin Less Nuttin Mo and it came out in 1994. I was kinda upset that they disappeared because i wanted to hear more albums. Ya'll can check out their videos on Youtube which are Victim Of The Ghetto, Humpin, Hollywood Paradox, Rollin.

Goodie Mob are also one of my favorite southern rappers but i didn't mention their albums because i only liked a few songs on Soul Food, Still Standing, World Party, One Monkey Don't Stop No Show. They talked about doing a reunion album and i don't think it's gonna happen but i did hear a new song from them on Youtube and i saw a interview with Big Gipp on Youtube talking about him and the other group members don't have beef with Ceelo and they're working on a album with Ceelo. I don't listen to Ceelo's solo albums because i don't wanna hear him sing. I'd rather hear him rap. LOL@his lyrics on Goodie Mob's The Experience when he said so many black men out here trying to be niggas. Keeping it real to the point that they dying to be niggas LOL. In actuality the fact is you ain't a nigga because you black. You a nigga because of how you act. He spoke the truth.