Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ghostface Killah Doesn't Want To Rush Wu-Tang Clan Reunion (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122631)

Jammin 05-22-2013 11:01 AM

Ghostface Killah Doesn't Want To Rush Wu-Tang Clan Reunion

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...g-clan-reunion

Ghostface Killah also reveals information regarding his collaborative effort with MF DOOM and his upcoming work for "Supreme Clientele Presents...Blue & Cream: The Wally Era."

As a man with various projects on his hands, Ghostface Killah often has fans wondering about more than one release. The emcee who just dropped Twelve Reasons to Die with Adrian Younge earlier this year and is now touring and prepping for other releases. During a recent interview, Ghost revealed more information regarding his project with MF DOOM, his upcoming Supreme Clientele Presents...Blue & Cream: The Wally Era album and the 20th anniversary Wu-Tang Clan reunion project, which he says he doesn't want to rush.

"I just gave DOOM, I gave him all my records," Ghost explained in an interview with TheNEHipHop. "DOOM likes to take his time. He's in London. He don't live in the U.S. no more. So he just be doin' a lot of shit. I told him, 'Yo, man! The people want this shit, yo! Yo, what the fuck, man?' So, he sent like another six beats. I smashed them out. So, I guess at the end of the year, I guess he'll release them. It's in his hands. I don't know what he wants to do with the music but he got it."

Aside from this, of course, Ghost is prepping for the sequel to Supreme Clientele, a project now known to be Supreme Clientele Presents...Blue & Cream: The Wally Era.

"You know how I do. I'm goin' in. It's gon' be bananas. It's gon' be crazy," he said about that project. "That's nothing to make for me. Just give me some time with the right beats and I could go in. Y'all gon' love that one when that hits the fan. I want to do it this year because I've been sitting on it for a minute. I've just been waiting for the perfect timing. That's all."

Wu-Tang Clan fans can also hope for a Wu-Tang Clan reunion album this year. However, according to Ghost, it may or may not drop in 2013. For Ghost, he says, the only important thing is making sure the music is "right."

"We've got plans to give the people another album. But we all decided, just because we came out in November in '93 don't mean that we have to drop in November [2013]. I would say, if the music is not right, let's not give it to the people until it's right. That's me. I don't want to rush nothin'. Then you start hearin' a bunch of bullshit. That's where I'm at with mines though."

The full interview can be viewed below.

Wu-Tang is currently also preparing for Rock the Bells, a festival that they will be co-headlining this year. The festival has been the topic of discussion since it was announced that it would include a virtual performance of Ol' Dirty Bastard. Likened to a hologram but said to only "look and feel like what a lot of people say is a hologram," this will also tie into a separate virtual performance of Eazy-E with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony that will also happen at the festival. The plans have been criticized by ODB's widow and son but supported by fellow members of the Wu, including U-God. Recently Rock the Bells announced that despite any comments to the contrary, the performances will "absolutely" take place.

TheFunkyDrummer 05-22-2013 01:09 PM

youknowhatimean, youknow, namsayn, yo yo knowhatimean

theheavens 05-22-2013 05:12 PM

he's been saying the same thing about the supreme clientele sequel for the past two years. we know you're sitting on it, so fucking release it already

Paranoid 05-24-2013 03:15 AM

i don't want it rushed either

sinfullycute 05-24-2013 07:22 AM

Maybe they can make it by the 25th anniversary

KJR 05-24-2013 07:32 AM

Don't release the new Wu album around the same time as a new Ghost album, that's all I'm sayin

Soulless 05-24-2013 09:56 AM

Rae and Ghost keep doing all these collabo albums with random people, but til this day we still haven't gotten an official collabo between those two. Can they hit us with that before they leave the game? Those two are actually still making good music, so that would be one of the few albums that should have come out a decade or more ago that i think would still be dope if they made it now.

theheavens 05-24-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulless (Post 2328783)
Rae and Ghost keep doing all these collabo albums with random people, but til this day we still haven't gotten an official collabo between those two. Can they hit us with that before they leave the game? Those two are actually still making good music, so that would be one of the few albums that should have come out a decade or more ago that i think would still be dope if they made it now.

I want to see that too, but they said it won't happen. I guess Cuban Linx is a collabo, but not official. they would've been the greatest duo ever

Jadda 05-24-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinfullycute (Post 2328761)
Maybe they can make it by the 25th anniversary

Can't you do anything else than hate on everyone but your perfect husband? Fuck off.

CharlesJones 05-24-2013 12:31 PM

It wouldn't matter if the group album was rushed or not. The album is gonna suck when it does come out LOL. Wu Tang needs to face the fact that their time is over. They will never make a classic album again like their first one. I don't want ya'll thinking that i'm hating on them because i'm not. I love Wu Tang but most rappers that made classic albums in the 80's and 90's will never make classic stuff again because it's hard to outdo classic albums from the past. I would call Only Built 4 Cuban Linx a collabo album with Ghostface and Raekwon because they only had a few guest appearances from other clan members and Nas.

SKAMPOE 05-24-2013 01:08 PM

Wrong
Wu has made classic albums over n over again... They can't rush shit tho
And the music has to be right

CharlesJones 05-24-2013 02:52 PM

You think The W, Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams are classics? Hahahahahahahaha

food for thought 05-24-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

"I just gave DOOM, I gave him all my records," Ghost explained in an interview with TheNEHipHop. "DOOM likes to take his time. He's in London. He don't live in the U.S. no more. So he just be doin' a lot of shit. I told him, 'Yo, man! The people want this shit, yo! Yo, what the fuck, man?' So, he sent like another six beats. I smashed them out. So, I guess at the end of the year, I guess he'll release them. It's in his hands. I don't know what he wants to do with the music but he got it."
lmfao this is like the 23rd time he has said the exact same shit

"I JUST gave him evreything from my end. its all in his hands now."

ScuffedTimz 05-25-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesJones (Post 2328855)
You think The W, Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams are classics? Hahahahahahahaha

The W was/is

CharlesJones 05-25-2013 06:44 AM

Yeah right LOL. The W is terrible.