Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Oz the Great and Powerful (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122678)

LORD NOSE 05-24-2013 04:19 PM

Oz the Great and Powerful

another disney movie packed with racism

it's an iLL story of how the wizard got started though

diggy 05-25-2013 02:36 PM

It makes no sense cuz Oz is a place that existed in Dorothy's dream. But now this movie is about Oz without a dreamer, as if Oz is a real place, so it's a fail.

LORD NOSE 05-25-2013 02:58 PM

Oz is a real place on earth in reality -

hectis 05-25-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 2329075)
It makes no sense cuz Oz is a place that existed in Dorothy's dream. But now this movie is about Oz without a dreamer, as if Oz is a real place, so it's a fail.

Maybe Oz is only a place you can get to through unconsciousness, or a way like that, so it is not limited to just one person, or a prison....

LORD NOSE 05-25-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 2329075)
It makes no sense

why try to make sense out of wizard of oz movies ?

ShaDynasty 05-26-2013 06:25 AM

Yeah but its the story of a fraudulent bum behind a curtain. Whats great and powerful about him?

LORD NOSE 05-26-2013 09:13 AM

got rid of them witches right ?

if there was a second coming of Jesus on earth, the people today would chase him down and kill him because they EXPect him to be able to walk on water and spit sight into blind peoples eyes and shit -

the wizard got dorothy home right ?

he wasn't what they expected, but he got the job done and did what the prophecy said he would do - what, you wanted more ?

ShaDynasty 05-26-2013 07:00 PM

maybe i don't remember exactly but i thought dorothy merked the witches?

all oz did was give them some bullshit certificates and tell the bitch she could have gone home whenever she wanted.

diggy 05-26-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD NOSE (Post 2329108)
why try to make sense out of wizard of oz movies ?

I'm pointing to the inconsistency between the Wizard of Oz in which Dorothy goes to Oz by a dream, and Oz the Great and Powerful, in which the magician goes to Oz by a tornado. So in OZ the Great... which is supposed to be a prequel, Oz is a real place, but in the Wizard of Oz, it is a fake place.

It just shows, thoughtlessness on the part of whoever made this. Things need to be consistent.

LORD NOSE 05-27-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sosa (Post 2329343)
maybe i don't remember exactly but i thought dorothy merked the witches?

all oz did was give them some bullshit certificates and tell the bitch she could have gone home whenever she wanted.

she did -

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 2329347)
I'm pointing to the inconsistency between the Wizard of Oz in which Dorothy goes to Oz by a dream, and Oz the Great and Powerful, in which the magician goes to Oz by a tornado. So in OZ the Great... which is supposed to be a prequel, Oz is a real place, but in the Wizard of Oz, it is a fake place.

It just shows, thoughtlessness on the part of whoever made this. Things need to be consistent.