Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mcs considered legends u just can't get into (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122952)

RADIOACTIVE MAN 06-10-2013 11:38 AM

Mcs considered legends u just can't get into

Name yours

I'll start with this dude noreaga...there's just something about his flow and voice that always put me off any track with him on it...I don't know..I believe the first CNN album woulda been more enjoyable with only Capone spitting on it...can hardly stomach the dude on wax...

wukillabee25 06-10-2013 12:19 PM

Norega and KRS-One. I respect KRS, but I haven't loved much of his catalogue besides Criminal Minded. Busta to an extent as well.

RADIOACTIVE MAN 06-10-2013 12:34 PM

Yeah I can see that with Krs one

Dr. Simon Hurt 06-10-2013 12:56 PM

Noreaga's considered a legend? I thought the consensus was that he sucked most of the time and that he completely fell off when he started doing raygaytone

diggy 06-10-2013 01:21 PM

Rakim
Naughty by nature
Mc Hammer
Big Daddy Kane
Mop
Guru
Scarface
Ugk
Redman
Epmd
Snoop
Doc Dre

KJR 06-10-2013 01:27 PM

^ Can't get into Redman!? Why not?

Young Gun 06-10-2013 03:32 PM

KRS-One and Rakim. I respect both of them, but for whatever reason their styles don't grab me.

tekunique 06-10-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN (Post 2332148)
Name yours

I'll start with this dude noreaga...there's just something about his flow and voice that always put me off any track with him on it...I don't know..I believe the first CNN album woulda been more enjoyable with only Capone spitting on it...can hardly stomach the dude on wax...

yo good thread mah dude... i hear you about Nore... with him you either love or hate the dude... i can totally understand your reasons on why you aint a fan but on the flip side those are the same reason why i AM a fan of his.

Nore def. has an unorthodox style & flow. lotta shit that he says dont make sense sometimes it comes off mumbling as well.. thing is, he's another one of few MCs that can rock both comical to serious styles of lyrics. on top of everything he's from Lefrak City Queens which is the next town to where i grew up..lol

for me, i would have to say De La Soul... of course i aint denying their greatness and acknowledge their status as legends in the game, but i just was never able to get into them, i guess when it comes down to it its about style and none of their styles were fitting to my preferences..

ShaDynasty 06-10-2013 09:04 PM

KRS One is clearly very talented, unfortunately his obnoxious personality pervades every sentence he utters and makes it difficult for me to like him.

diggy 06-10-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJR (Post 2332165)
^ Can't get into Redman!? Why not?

His delivery.

EAGLE EYE 06-10-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 2332164)
Rakim
Naughty by nature
Mc Hammer
Big Daddy Kane
Mop
Guru
Scarface
Ugk
Redman
Epmd
Snoop
Doc Dre

haha wowwwwww

EAGLE EYE 06-10-2013 10:46 PM

E-40

josborne3680 06-10-2013 11:46 PM

Agreed on the KRS thing. He was first one to pop into my mind. Peace

zooruka 06-11-2013 01:15 AM

Voice is a major factor or could be the only factor as to why I don't really get into these m.c's.

Ghostface - just can't get past his voice

Rae Gambino- The son can flow but for some reason I can't fully get into his raps.

Guru - I don't like his voice

Nas - Nas is so so the more I listen to his voice the more I got use to it, but listening to nas was a progression not an instant "son's ill".

killah priest - killah priest has nothing to do with voice... I just think he is overrated as an m.c

once again my list is not based on lyrical ability but on pretty much there voices.

peace

drippie k 06-11-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 2332164)
Rakim
Naughty by nature
Mc Hammer
Big Daddy Kane
Mop
Guru
Scarface
Ugk
Redman
Epmd
Snoop
Doc Dre

You're shitting me right?

Anyway, never liked Pete Rock & CL Smoothe. I like Pete Rock though as a producer. Mack 10 was always weak to me. KRS One after Criminal Minded. Buck-Shot is hit or miss with me. Pharoahe Monch. Twista. Fat Joe. Hardly legendary but he's always just kinda been there, somewhere, pokin his fat head out.