Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Bill Cosby rips black christians about crime at NAN Conference (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122974)

check two 06-11-2013 03:54 PM

Bill Cosby rips black christians about crime at NAN Conference

NEW YORK – On a night where President Obama addressed the 20th National Action Network conference, Bill Cosby nevertheless stole the commander in chief‘s thunder when he ripped off an impassioned, unapologetic speech about intergenerational dysfunction and criminality in the black community.

The legendary actor, activist and comedian incited loud and prolonged choruses of “ooohs,” “ahhhs” and applause when he tore into black Christians about their so-called adherence to their faith — all while living in drug-infested, crime-ridden neighborhoods with dilapidated educational facilities and other deplorable conditions.

“You cannot go to the black Muslim neighborhoods and sell drugs. They shut down drug dealers,” Cosby said, comparing Christian and black Muslin neighborhoods. He was inferring to black Muslims being subjected to nationwide vilification despite cleaning up their communities. “They don’t carry guns. That’s a myth. They just walk up with their sunglasses and bean pies and say, ‘Brother you can’t do that here,’ and the drug dealers, even with their guns and rap music, the Muslims run him out of town [and] to the emergency ward.”

Cosby, one of America’s most celebrated comedians ever, then caused the black-tie room full of dignitaries, celebrities and athletes to recoil — some out of shock, others out of appreciation — when he tore off a piece of black Christian hide for doing little to nothing as iniquity and criminality rages around them and swallows up black children.

“There are too many preachers [but] not enough service,“ Cosby began after the roar of shock and applause died down. “Tell me where Jesus would allow drug dealing on the corner? Tell me where Jesus would allow people to shoot guns for no reason, missing and then hitting a child who is paralyzed for life? And we don’t do anything but have a funeral. But let a cop shoot [a black man], and you set his car on fire and burn up the police stations. Contradictions.

“The black Muslims take time to explain who they are, so that by the time the children are 12 years old, male or female, they are proud of who and what they happen to be,” he said.

And, normally, what a man or woman thinks of themselves internally is reflected externally, including the neighborhoods where they live. So look around at yourselves: what do the people in your neighborhood think of themselves?

http://rollingout.com/politics/bill-...an-conference/

LORD NOSE 06-12-2013 03:25 PM

is unity for weak people ?

WARPATH 06-12-2013 08:16 PM

Cosby kicks ass.

ShaDynasty 06-12-2013 08:25 PM

can't call it.

black nationalism is never ever going to happen for african americans, so following that ideology is probably not a good idea.

diggy 06-12-2013 10:29 PM

Wow. I normally don't agree wit Cosby, but this was on point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sosa (Post 2332631)
can't call it.

black nationalism is never ever going to happen for african americans, so following that ideology is probably not a good idea.

That is your interpretation. Not all "black Muslims' are black nationalists.

CharlesJones 06-13-2013 11:55 AM

LOL@Bill Cosby once again dissing ignorant blacks hahahahahahahahaha. I love this guy. I got his Come On People book and it's very good. He disses ignorant blacks in it and he shows some statistics about black men that are terrible. Ignorant blacks can't be mad at what he's saying because they know he's speaking the truth. They also probably pissed at him because he doesn't give them money and he moved outta the hood LOL. Ignorant blacks need to stop bitching about black celebrities that don't live in the hood and don't give them money because if black celebrities can do something with themselves, ignorant blacks can do something positive with themselves. It's not black celebrities job to give money to poor blacks. Bill has given money to several black colleges because he cares about blacks getting a education.

CharlesJones 06-13-2013 12:02 PM

I wish Bill could listen to Geto Boys Niggas and Flies song so he can hear what Willie D said about ignorant blacks. I think Bill would laugh if he heard the song and he would agree with what Willie D said LOL. Like Willie D said, holla at a nigga if you looking for some negativity and niggas hate it when a nigga get on top because niggas can't stand to see another nigga make it hahahahahahahahahaha.

RADIOACTIVE MAN 06-14-2013 02:16 PM

Cosby nailed it

CharlesJones 06-14-2013 02:46 PM

Radioactive Man, have you read his Come On People book? If you haven't, check it out from the library.

june181972 06-15-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD NOSE (Post 2332579)
is unity for weak people ?

Its unfortunate that a brilliant and talented man like Dr. Cosby has been promoting this non-productive and DIVISIVE rhetoric for the last 10-15 years or so.
Here, he directly separates the Muslims from the Christians with this less than insightful speech.
He indirectly separates the youth from the elders when he says things like “their rap music"
And this notion of telling, or "making" someone to stop selling drugs sounds good on the surface.
But if you don't have an alternative for the person dealing, you're just talking to be talking
Simply ripping into the Black community, though it is the fashionable thing to do nowadays, accomplishes nothing
Truth spoken out of season goes for naught

LORD NOSE 06-15-2013 11:31 AM

his hand and mouth is being forced - he's being used against his will

however

Luke 12:53

"They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

50's - 60's

"The LORD's anger burned against Israel and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone."

i think that the differences between the church and mosque need to be pointed out in a constructive matter that doesn't hold back for fear of someones feelings getting hurt.

Elijahs Program most definitely made a new and improved people -

it has trickled down to many, though those many would never give him his props

check two 06-15-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by june181972 (Post 2333149)
Its unfortunate that a brilliant and talented man like Dr. Cosby has been promoting this non-productive and DIVISIVE rhetoric for the last 10-15 years or so.
Here, he directly separates the Muslims from the Christians with this less than insightful speech.
He indirectly separates the youth from the elders when he says things like “their rap music"
And this notion of telling, or "making" someone to stop selling drugs sounds good on the surface.
But if you don't have an alternative for the person dealing, you're just talking to be talking
Simply ripping into the Black community, though it is the fashionable thing to do nowadays, accomplishes nothing
Truth spoken out of season goes for naught

lol

diggy 06-15-2013 12:11 PM

I guess the solution is for those Christians to become Muslims. I could not disagree with that.

ShaDynasty 06-15-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 2333187)
I guess the solution is for those Christians to become Muslims. I could not disagree with that.

I'm guessing you're muslim?

religion is not going to solve social and economic problems that occur naturally (or perhaps unnaturally) regardless of race in inner cities worldwide.

then theres the other debate, that religion does not make sense and that individuals should live by a code of ethics that makes sense to them, rather than try and fit into an unnatural man made organizations rules.

LORD NOSE 06-15-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sosa (Post 2333189)
religion is not going to solve

religion won't, but the program will and has -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sosa (Post 2333189)
social and economic problems that occur naturally

occur naturally ?