Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Best Erick Sermon affiliated album? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123651)

KJR 07-25-2013 10:04 AM

Best Erick Sermon affiliated album?
 
Well I did a thread like this for Preemo, so what's your favorite album where Erick Sermon plays a large hand in production? My first thoughts are:

EPMD - Back In Business
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Meth and Red - Blackout!

What do you guys think?

Ancient One 07-25-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJR (Post 2340836)
EPMD - Back In Business
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Meth and Red - Blackout!

All three!

Can't figure anything else right now.

All these being classics.

KJR 07-25-2013 10:35 AM

I like EPMD but I wasn't ever really HUGE on Sermon's production on them. I prefer his later more funky stuff. I liked his stuff he did for Jamal and I also liked his first two solo albums.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS 07-25-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJR (Post 2340836)
Well I did a thread like this for Preemo, so what's your favorite album where Erick Sermon plays a large hand in production? My first thoughts are:

EPMD - Back In Business
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Meth and Red - Blackout!

What do you guys think?

all the epmd lp's and Dare iz a Darkside & Blackout!

KJR 07-25-2013 10:38 AM

What's your favorite EPMD album based on production?^

CharlesJones 07-25-2013 12:30 PM

Keith Murray-The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World
Redman-Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters


KJR, i told you my favorite EPMD albums are Business As Usual and Back In Business. Business Never Personal album is good. I was very disappointed in Def Squad's El Nino album. Full Cooperation, Ride With Us with Too Short, Checkin Me Out, Ya'll Niggas Ain't Ready songs on there are my favorite but the beats were terrible. Erick, Redman, Keith Murray did a good job doing a remake of Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight. Keith Murray has really disappointed me because he's a ill mc and his albums after Enigma were terrible because of the beats. I don't know why he tried to go pop on He's Keith Murray album when he got with Def Jam. His 2 videos Yeah Yeah You Know It and Candy Bar from that album are corny.


Redman has disappointed me too because his albums after Doc's Da Name are terrible because of the beats. Erick Sermon's albums after Double Or Nothing are terrible also because of the beats. Erick Onasis album is alright. I think it's ill that Keith Murray and Canibus did a collabo album but nobody paid attention to it hahahahahahahahahaha. I know the beats on there were probably terrible because Canibus always picks bad beats and that's why his albums suck.

tombstone 07-25-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesJones (Post 2340881)
Keith Murray-The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World
Redman-Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters


KJR, i told you my favorite EPMD albums are Business As Usual and Back In Business. Business Never Personal album is good. I was very disappointed in Def Squad's El Nino album. Full Cooperation, Ride With Us with Too Short, Checkin Me Out, Ya'll Niggas Ain't Ready songs on there are my favorite but the beats were terrible. Erick, Redman, Keith Murray did a good job doing a remake of Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight. Keith Murray has really disappointed me because he's a ill mc and his albums after Enigma were terrible because of the beats. I don't know why he tried to go pop on He's Keith Murray album when he got with Def Jam. His 2 videos Yeah Yeah You Know It and Candy Bar from that album are corny.


Redman has disappointed me too because his albums after Doc's Da Name are terrible because of the beats. Erick Sermon's albums after Double Or Nothing are terrible also because of the beats. Erick Onasis album is alright. I think it's ill that Keith Murray and Canibus did a collabo album but nobody paid attention to it hahahahahahahahahaha. I know the beats on there were probably terrible because Canibus always picks bad beats and that's why his albums suck.

undergods album had banging production


01. Enter The Adonai (Intro) (prod. by DJ Absurd)
02. Rock Wit Us ft. Planet Asia (prod. by Amadeus)
03. No Brainer (prod. by Shuko)
04. Undergods Roll (prod. by Jake One)
05. 129 (prod. by Erick Sermon)
06. Freestyle A Chorus (prod. by Godz Wrath)
07. The Guilty Will Pay ft. Crooked I & Erick Sermon
(prod. by Erick Sermon)
08. Still Frontin’ (prod. by Erick Sermon)
09. Follow El Shaddai (prod. by JP Beats)
10. Supreme Lyrical Beings (Interlude) (prod. by Bronze Nazareth)
11. Show ‘Em What Crazy Is ft. Tech N9ne (prod. by Beat Butcha)
12. Torsion Fields (prod. by Shuko)
13. We Blackout Too (prod. by Amadeus)
14. Gotta Be Real ft. Urban Rose (prod. by Erick Sermon)
15. The Princes of Persia (prod. by Da Beatminerz)
16. Secret Weapons (prod. by Ziko & Vherbal)
17. Rise Of The Machines (prod. by Gordo)
18. (Bonus) Tetragrammation Gods ft. Born Sun & Joe The Butcher
(prod. by Sickness & Ill Image)

MaskedAvenger 07-25-2013 06:06 PM

Keith Murray - The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World

I nearly lost my shit when I was reading this thread and nobody mentioned Keith.

CharlesJones 07-26-2013 05:27 AM

I did say Keith's first album.

Apocalypse 07-26-2013 12:44 PM

I like blackout, but I like more boom-bap hip-hop more....


Redman - Muddy Waters

I also love

El Niño................

and this track is mad DOPE :



respect da Green Eyed Bandit!

ShaDynasty 07-26-2013 08:20 PM

Double Or Nothing and Whut Thee Album.

Every album he was involved with up until like 99 was dope though. I might throw in 'Music' and 'Blacka Da Berry' as honorable mentions as they're probably overlooked.

RADIOACTIVE MAN 07-26-2013 10:53 PM

Erick onasis

CharlesJones 07-27-2013 11:18 AM

Sosa, who put out Blacka Da Berry? I never heard of that. Erick's Music album sucks. He tried to go pop with that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright ©2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one