Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Besides Will Smith.... (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125208)

hectis 10-26-2013 03:24 PM

What rapper turned actor/actress has done the best at going from being a rapper to being an actor/actress?

CharlesJones 10-26-2013 03:38 PM

Queen Latifah
Ice Cube
LL Cool J
DMX(he could still be doing movies if he wasn't acting crazy and staying outta trouble)
Ice T(he's done a lot of wack straight to video movies but he's done a few good movies like New Jack City, Surviving The Game, Ricochet. Plus he's been on Law and Order SVU for a long time.)
Treach of Naughty By Nature
50 Cent

Will Smith has done a lot of wack movies and i don't care if his movies have made a lot of money. He's a decent actor. I also like his music especially the stuff he did with Jazzy Jeff. People may say his music is soft and he's wack for not cursing but so what. Every rapper doesn't need to curse and every rapper doesn't have to be from the hood. Him and Jazzy Jeff's Summertime song is a classic and always gets played on black radio stations during the summer. Love the video too. Another good underrated song that he did with Jazzy Jeff that doesn't get a lot of play is I Wanna Rock on their last album Code Red. The video is good. Props to him and Jazzy Jeff for sampling Rob Base's It Takes Two on I Wanna Rock. I also like his Gettin Jiggy With It and Miami songs.

hectis 10-26-2013 03:56 PM

will Smith is a better actor that all the people you named though.

Rame 10-26-2013 05:00 PM

Marky Mark.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI 10-26-2013 05:24 PM

Yeah^ Mark Walburg has been the best transition.

hectis 10-26-2013 05:36 PM

I forgot he was ever a rapper, lol.

ShaDynasty 10-26-2013 05:54 PM

Will Smith is awful at acting thats why hes always in dumb space movies and when he tries to go serious he flops. He has charisma, but he isn't a great actor.

Puff Daddy is actually a decent actor, at least from the few things i've seen him in. A lot of these rappers just play a version of themselves tbh they're entertaining in spite of not being good actors.

Theres a whole bunch of actors like that though, that only play themselves like Marky Mark is always himself, Nicolas Cage just does the same wooden shit in every movie, Keanu Reeves etc.

hectis 10-26-2013 06:05 PM

Ok, someone change the name of this thread to "What rapper turned actor/actress"

PALEFORCE 10-26-2013 07:03 PM

Surprised no one said pac

Sky Blue Bally Kid 10-26-2013 07:12 PM

Surprised no one said Raekwon

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/232...ets-shot-o.gif

RADIOACTIVE MAN 10-26-2013 08:41 PM

Mos def

check two 10-26-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesJones (Post 2410739)
Queen Latifah
Ice Cube
LL Cool J
DMX(he could still be doing movies if he wasn't acting crazy and staying outta trouble)
Ice T(he's done a lot of wack straight to video movies but he's done a few good movies like New Jack City, Surviving The Game, Ricochet. Plus he's been on Law and Order SVU for a long time.)
Treach of Naughty By Nature
50 Cent

Will Smith has done a lot of wack movies and i don't care if his movies have made a lot of money. He's a decent actor. I also like his music especially the stuff he did with Jazzy Jeff. People may say his music is soft and he's wack for not cursing but so what. Every rapper doesn't need to curse and every rapper doesn't have to be from the hood. Him and Jazzy Jeff's Summertime song is a classic and always gets played on black radio stations during the summer. Love the video too. Another good underrated song that he did with Jazzy Jeff that doesn't get a lot of play is I Wanna Rock on their last album Code Red. The video is good. Props to him and Jazzy Jeff for sampling Rob Base's It Takes Two on I Wanna Rock. I also like his Gettin Jiggy With It and Miami songs.

I thought Will Smith did come from a rough area? West Philly is one of the worst parts.

Getting Jiggy with it song sucks. lol

Bobby Budknickers 10-26-2013 09:43 PM

none of them

check two 10-26-2013 10:11 PM

Brian Austin Green. Also, Ice T was good in New York Undercover.

hectis 10-26-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by check two (Post 2410814)
Ice T was good in New York Undercover.

When was he in New York Undercover?