Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Digital Underground (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   XBOX One Review (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125655)

IrOnMaN 11-22-2013 07:03 PM

XBOX One Review

Ouch! As it stands, the PS4 looks to be the winner. The problem with launch gaming consoles is that you can't judge on its launch appearance alone. The PS4 had a rocky launch with blue light of death; However, from what I've heard and read, it's a great gaming console. With software updates, these software issues can and will be fixed over time.

The same applies with the XBOX One. Software will advance as time goes on.

I don't understand why the gaming companies put the consumers in a position to be the product testers. Seriously?

Sky Blue Bally Kid 11-22-2013 07:25 PM

I haven't owned a console in years, but I can't understand how consoles don't get any better looking! Every console in recent years has been damn ugly and these two are no exception. If I'm paying that much for something to sit in my house I'd expect it not to repulse me...

check two 11-22-2013 11:45 PM

They should come out with some different colors instead of being a dust magnet. A lot of TV's all look the same too. Silver would have been nice.

hashashin 11-23-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrOnMaN (Post 2416129)
I don't understand why the gaming companies put the consumers in a position to be the product testers. Seriously?

The consumers put themselves in that position by buying it at launch, they always have problems at first. I'm happy to wait, still plenty of life in the current gen consoles. Give it a while and they'll probably come out with a smaller, more reliable version and different colors etc..

IrOnMaN 11-23-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashashin (Post 2416189)
The consumers put themselves in that position by buying it at launch, they always have problems at first. I'm happy to wait, still plenty of life in the current gen consoles. Give it a while and they'll probably come out with a smaller, more reliable version and different colors etc..

Here's the thing. When consumers purchase an item (game console, car, DVD, TV, etc), they have an expectation that the item will work properly. When the item doesn't perform as it should, then the consumers confidence decreases because the product wasn't properly tested.

This is my point. Sony and Microsoft didn't properly test their products prior to launch, which leaves the consumers to be the final testers of the finished product.

This is why I have never purchased a game console (other than the PSP and PS Vita) because they aren't properly tested.

Rame 11-23-2013 10:10 AM

These things you're hearing only happen to a fraction of the buyers. That's normal for all consumer electronics. I read that Sony expected an even higher fail percentage.

And some errors can't be noticed or don't appear until it's tested by millions.

I'm gonna wait a couple of months so they have time to fix some of the kinks and improve the software, not saying that it's bad now but they always change some things for better usability, but that PS4 will be mine.