Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Popa Wu: Raekwon’s Issues Over Money Delaying Wu-Tang Clan Album (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126336)

Jammin 01-17-2014 09:33 AM

Popa Wu: Raekwon’s Issues Over Money Delaying Wu-Tang Clan Album

(AllHipHop News) Last year RZA mentioned that one of things holding up the new Wu-Tang Clan album was Raekwon’s lack of participation. While RZA later expressed hope that Rae would “put some of the business to the side” and contribute verses for the project, Popa Wu tells Forbz DVD that issues over money are still blocking Raekwon from joining back up with the WU.

“[The album] is here already. It’s just got to be closed up by Rae,” says Popa. “RZA is head of this game right now. It’s just that Raekwon is compromising… When you a person that never had nothing and then when you get something and then it’s [taken] away from you, it’s hard to adjust back.”

The man who appeared on Raekwon’s “North Star (Jewels)” track off Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… goes on to give more information about the supposed riff between RZA and Rae. According to Popa Wu, RZA was blamed for some financial problems members of the Wu were allegedly facing.

“They think RZA did some old crazy stuff. RZA did what he did. You forgot he took y’all n***as from nothing and made y’all something. In my mind, I don’t think he would do that to you. He was just smarter,” adds Popa. “It was up to you to learn it. He’s not suppose to teach you the business, and you mad with him for that. That’s personal. We did this music s**t for love. It wasn’t supposed to be about no money.”

Despite these apparent problems, Wu-Tang Clan recently tweeted that their reunion album A Better Tomorrow is close to being released.

http://allhiphop.com/2014/01/17/popa...ng-clan-album/

Young Gun 01-17-2014 10:21 AM

Money, it figures. Rae isn't in this for the love of rhyming, his checks have to cash first. It's sad, really. As Papa Wu said, he came from NOTHING, but is now "too important" to close out the saga if he doesn't get his cut up front? Very unfortunate...

sinfullycute 01-17-2014 11:50 AM

So pay him, if you want him on the album. If Rza is so smart and so rich, then there is money there. Do you know anyone who works for free?

PANDA PISS 01-17-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinfullycute (Post 2424395)
So pay him, if you want him on the album. If Rza is so smart and so rich, then there is money there. Do you know anyone who works for free?

Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch. This fat asshole is the only member being a prick.

Straight up fuck him, hes 44 and thinks hes going to crossover lmao.

I'd rather they don't put him on the album.

food for thought 01-17-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch.
lmfao!!

food for thought 01-17-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinfullycute (Post 2424395)

lmfao do you honestly think they are trying to get him to work for "free"?

APOLLO STASH 01-17-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sosa (Post 2424399)
Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch. This fat asshole is the only member being a prick.

Straight up fuck him, hes 44 and thinks hes going to crossover lmao.

I'd rather they don't put him on the album.

LOL. and god damn, raekwon 44? i don't even wanna look up GZA

BIRDCAGE 01-17-2014 02:11 PM

Nice interview, there are more parts.

BigKing.nl 01-17-2014 02:42 PM

http://pushbox.murfo.com/raej.jpg

8 01-18-2014 06:04 AM

What a surprise

Popa Wu'z Da Man

Sky Blue Bally Kid 01-19-2014 10:32 AM

I can see RZA just saying "fuck it" and dropping the album. I predict Rae's album will then flop and he will look an idiot over all of this.

8 01-19-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid (Post 2424499)
I can see RZA just saying "fuck it" and dropping the album. I predict Rae's album will then flop and he will look an idiot over all of this.

ditto

BigKing.nl 01-19-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid (Post 2424499)

Yeah, just like with 8 Diagrams when he released Cuban Linx 2 to critical acclaim. He might be the only one who really knows what the people wanna hear. And with people I don't mean Wu-stans. Wu-stans are weird as fuck. They listen to GZA, Masta Killa, U-God and some Killa Beez that made a video with their cellphone.

Sky Blue Bally Kid 01-19-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKing.nl (Post 2424508)
He might be the only one who really knows what the people wanna hear.

U referring to RZA or Rae?

BigKing.nl 01-19-2014 12:24 PM

Rae. RZA is fine for film scores or Broadway..