Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Game ( Dream) (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268)

camaleonz 06-22-2005 02:50 PM

The Game ( Dream)

Is it just me or did Mr, West straight up jacked a Wu beat... Daaam is hot as hell though i would love to hear the wu over a Kanye West beat

tonystarkz 06-22-2005 02:55 PM

Re: The Game ( Dream)

kanyes whole style is like a 2005 version of rza, takin all the little voices and loopin em and shit, rza invented that. i dont wanna hear wu over a kanye beat at all, but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course

hollowhead 06-22-2005 03:00 PM

yeah i been tellin mutha fuckas for months that "dreams" is a ripoff of gfk's "stroke of death" from supreme clientele. the beat structure is tha same and that sound he uses sounds just like the reel to reel sample rza used. shark ass niggaz!!

Protection 06-22-2005 03:21 PM

Cut that shit out. Kanye didn't rip or bite anyone. And 'Dreams' doesn't sound anything like 'Stroke Of Death' at all, wtf you been smoking hollowhead?

ballistic 06-22-2005 03:33 PM

Dreams= Stroke of death? bit of a reach there... }:|

kanye is one of the best producers out right now, and i would love to hear someone from the wu over one of his beats.

Wu-Disciple 06-22-2005 03:59 PM

it's not just this song, bro. it's a whole lot of them.

see RZA gave credits to Prince Paul for showing niggas they can sample everything. RZA said he took that idea and applied it to his passion for kung fu flicks and created his own shit (source:wu-tang manual).

nowadays, they just take w/out giving credits.

anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once

one

GuillotineMaster 06-22-2005 04:22 PM

I agree Wu-Disciple. Kanye should get a style of his own and stop biting off the ideas of the Rzarecta' for once. Rza took all those voices and sped them up so they were tiny sounding and every single god damn Kanye song is with a sample just like Rza did. I haven't compared the two songs, Ghostface Killah and Kanye West, yet but i'm sure Kanye pulled another stunt and stole shit again. Wu Tang Clan ain't nuttin' to fuck with!

WHITE_MANTIS_AI 06-22-2005 05:11 PM

bull shit kanye west who needs kanye west wen ya got bronze nazareth kanye can go eat a dick

Cm0ney 06-22-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonystarkz
kanyes whole style is like a 2005 version of rza, takin all the little voices and loopin em and shit, rza invented that. i dont wanna hear wu over a kanye beat at all, but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course

allah mathetmatics invented that because he wanted to keep the samples under 4 seconds to be free. so he sped them up. i can't remember where but i read that in an interview.

TonyStarks29 06-22-2005 06:13 PM

People can hate on Kanye, I hate him, but he's a talented beatmaker no doubt.

MantiZ 06-22-2005 06:41 PM

Fuck Kayne. I Don't Want To Hear Any Wu Member Spittin Over His Beat...

ch-chef 06-22-2005 06:44 PM

someone bit RZA?
i never heard of such a thing...to be honest i thought it was a dre beat, i know he mentioned k west but dre was in the video so i figured he did it...no more figurin for me.

THE W 06-22-2005 06:59 PM

i'd like to hear wu over a Rza, tru, 4th, or math beat.

kanye is great, but wu-tang does not require his services.

TUCO 06-22-2005 07:40 PM

Kanye didnt bite anyone....he's real heavy with drums whereas RZA is heavy with keyboards
as a matter of fact.....Kanye pays much respects to his greatest influences which he mentions are Pete Rock and RZA
i think he even said once "without Pete Rock or RZA...there'd be no Kanye West"

peace

jayeye 06-22-2005 07:45 PM

I remeber ghost on star & buckwild kinda vexed talking about the Jay-Z blueprint album had the sound of ghost type beats &shit & we know kanye was on the boards on the bluprint album