Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RZA left Retrurn To The 36 Chambers unfinished - Dante Ross interview *NEW* (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127062)

Shoeshiner 03-16-2014 09:51 AM

RZA left Retrurn To The 36 Chambers unfinished - Dante Ross interview *NEW*

Heard a massive radio interview with Dante Ross who signed ODB to Elektra and he says that he was handed scraps of the recordings unmixed and all over the place and HE put together the whole album even having to ask Dirty to re spit verses

Great interview and it surprised me that RZA and ODB had fallen out so bad in 95 that RZA wouldn't finish the album - i always thought RZA had handled that start to finish excluding the 4th disciple cuts

linkage here http://conspiracyworldwide.podomatic...14_12_07-07_00

Dante Ross is about an hour from the end

soob 03-16-2014 11:27 AM

I always thought the album was going to sound like that :)

Miliato 03-16-2014 12:09 PM

What happened with Rza & Dirty back in 95?

Pattch82 03-16-2014 05:27 PM

I dunno if it was because RZA didnt want to finish the album... he probably needed to move on to the next one...

I remember a Meth interview where he said Dirty took almost two years to record his album... here's the excerpt from the interview...

"Dirty’s album came out after mine. But Dirty had gotten his deal before me, he just spent all his fucking money up. He spent all his money and bought this little piece-of-shit-ass fucking car. [Laughs.] Shit was horrible."

"Dirty was making his shit for damn near two years. His shit was taking long as fuck. If you listen to the album, there was so much time in between songs, that the nigga repeated the same verse three times on the same album. Three times! [Laughs.]"

"That’s proof right there that this nigga was working at a snail’s pace. There was so much time in between records that this motherfucker must have forgot, because RZA doesn’t let you hear shit. Once you leave the studio, you don’t hear it anymore."

Source: http://www.complex.com/music/2011/10...e-1995#gallery

If Dirty was just being Dirty, RZA probably got tired of waiting and moved on to the next album...

Peace!

wordman 03-17-2014 08:08 AM

i heard the same story from Buddha Monk. Buddha says he basically finished the album after Rza got fed up

BIRDCAGE 03-17-2014 11:27 AM

From the same Complex interview with Meth, lol.

"What GZA and Raekwon’s albums had that my album didn’t have was True Master. True Master did a lot of joints on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. He did songs like ‘Assasination Day,’ ‘Fish,’ a few joints."

soob 03-17-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIRDCAGE (Post 2433119)
From the same Complex interview with Meth, lol.

"What GZA and Raekwon’s albums had that my album didn’t have was True Master. True Master did a lot of joints on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. He did songs like ‘Assasination Day,’ ‘Fish,’ a few joints."

Yeah I saw it long time ago and I was wondering if it is true

tekunique 03-17-2014 06:52 PM

TM aint do AD....

David Daniel Davis 03-17-2014 07:01 PM

Would have to hear that from True Master himself to believe that. Method Man is sky high all the time, so his memory is suspect.

ForensikZ 03-17-2014 08:54 PM

rza took credit for a lot of 4th n true beats that he added to. if you goto 4th wikipedia, a big chunk of cuban linx is credited to him. i can see assasination day originally being true. meth mixed up ironman n cuban

tekunique 03-17-2014 09:30 PM

nah AD has RZA sig all over it.. the nintendo samples, off beat use of sounds in the track for the swing effect, samplin a line from one of the verse on the ambum [MK] and genius of sampling the boat scene in the usual suspects.

soob 03-18-2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekunique (Post 2433216)
nah AD has RZA sig all over it.. the nintendo samples, off beat use of sounds in the track for the swing effect, samplin a line from one of the verse on the ambum [MK] and genius of sampling the boat scene in the usual suspects.

What Nintendo samples? I've heard that RZA had sampled a song from Mario, but never found it

claaa7 03-18-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForensikZ (Post 2433211)
rza took credit for a lot of 4th n true beats that he added to. if you goto 4th wikipedia, a big chunk of cuban linx is credited to him. i can see assasination day originally being true. meth mixed up ironman n cuban

yeah there's been some stuff like that for sure, but i don't there was too much on the earlier albums.. every official 4th Disciple discographies ALWAYS mention "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx", but not 4th as a producer but rather a mixer of the records, and in this case even a co-mixer on three or four tracks (they are all credited on the sleeve as well). "OB4CL" and "Liquid Swords" especially was the two albums that i'm pretty sure there are no ghost production on - 100% RZA - you can tell he put his all into this. he could've easily started to add to "B.I.B.LE." so he could get a credit but nah that is credited to 4th... same with the songs on ODB:s and Meth:s first where 4th got his credit and True got his credit for "Fish". the one i've heard many times is that Y-Kim actually produced "What The Blood Cloth" as i'm sure many of y'all heard before - anyone have anything to substantiate that with?

anyhow did you never notice that "Return" is the only early Wu album that does not have RZA as one of the executive producers along with the usual suspects Dennis Coles, Power and Divine. Instead Dante Ross is the fourth executive. turned out fucking dope anyways but that is probably the reason why it's not 100% (or almost) produced by RZA. turned out damn fine anyhow