Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Audience falls asleep during Outkast's first show in 8 years (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127399)

check two 04-12-2014 11:10 AM

Audience falls asleep during Outkast's first show in 8 years

Many times throughout the 90-minute concert, the duo seemed to seek validation, some sort of confirmation that spectators were actually enjoying themselves. "Are y'all alive?" Andre 3000 queried, more than once. "We just want to know one thing are you having a good time?" Big Boi asked. These shoutouts were always met with a lukewarm response.

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/live/c...113004299.html

EAGLE EYE 04-12-2014 11:55 AM

How suprising. They got a luke warm response from a bunch of dorky white hipsters.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploa...lla_2013-6.jpg

PANDA PISS 04-12-2014 12:06 PM

I just watched the set, it was dope and they were on point but the crowd was lame, they probably only knew hey ya and ms jackson.

PANDA PISS 04-12-2014 01:05 PM

Awesome. I'm gonna watch it again later with a joint and a glass of wine.

But the shitty crowd reaction wouldn't have happened if they just did a regular tour.

Mcthuggin99 04-13-2014 12:49 PM

that was a good performance, played plenty of classics, they coming to my city, imma be checking them out

CharlesJones 04-19-2014 10:58 AM

If Outkast was performing in front of a lot of blacks, they would put the audience to sleep because they made more wack songs than good songs LOL. Black men don't wanna see Andre wearing gay clothes. So that's why there's more whites at their concert than blacks. I listened to their first album last night and that's the only album i like by them. Andre was normal then LOL. I like the black hat he wore on their first album cover.

main_man 04-19-2014 04:16 PM

anyone who talks bad about the almighty outkast is a fucking LAME.

i saw the set and it was really good. they did almost AN HOUR AND A HALF.

EAGLE EYE 04-19-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesJones (Post 2438750)
Black men don't wanna see Andre wearing gay clothes. So that's why there's more whites at their concert than blacks.

Is that so?

OntheHorizon 04-19-2014 04:33 PM

They been gone for nearly 10 years, what did they expect??

They should have never been thrown on a festival as the headlining acts right out the gate. Outkast might have been stars but they weren't the fucking Beatles, they were never big enough to warrant a Headlining gig for a crowd of 30,000 people after an 8 year Hiatus (Really longer then that if you take into consideration the fact that "Idlewild" kinda flopped)

Looks like a good set but they set themselves up for disaster, they should be working on rebuilding the momentum because it hasn't lasted through the years, if Outkast put out a new album tomorrow it would have a hard time going gold just off of nostalgia. Alot of the white crossover fans they once had have forgotten about them. Sad but true.

PANDA PISS 04-19-2014 04:51 PM

Its not all about record sales dude. These guys are my favorite group other than maybe Wu, i would love a new album from them more than any other act. I've been hoping every year that they will come back and bless us. I'll take seeing them later this year and 2 solos in the meanwhile.

I hope this tour gets them back creating together.

OntheHorizon 04-19-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaDynasty (Post 2438840)
Its not all about record sales dude. These guys are my favorite group other than maybe Wu, i would love a new album from them more than any other act. I've been hoping every year that they will come back and bless us. I'll take seeing them later this year and 2 solos in the meanwhile.

I hope this tour gets them back creating together.

I agree, that wasn't the point I was making though. I love EPMD but putting them as the closing act of a music festival wouldn't be a great idea. Outkast lost the momentum on that extended hiatus and were never so big that legions of people were chomping at the bit to see them again. Just look at the crowd, half of them didn't know who they are probably. Just saying they need to get back out there and rebuild their hype before you put them out their like that

PANDA PISS 04-19-2014 05:08 PM

Yeah i had said earlier that they should have done a regular tour, but i think they might have done festivals because maybe it helped Dres stage fright that he suffrered from the last 6/7 years.

OntheHorizon 04-19-2014 05:12 PM

Exactly, let them get their feet wet doing crowds who paid for the purpose of seeing OUTKAST, not on some festival bill full of white hipsters where you got Arcade Fire opening for them lol half the kids in that crowd probably have vague memories of "Hey Ya" and thats about the extent of their Outkast knowledge.... And even them dudes probably thought Andre 3000 was the whole group

"WHO THE FUCK IS THE OTHER GUY, GET THAT RAPPER OFF THE STAGE I WANNA HEAR OUTKAST SING HEY YA!!!"

Sky Blue Bally Kid 04-19-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Black men don't wanna see Andre wearing gay clothes.

Quote:

I like the black hat he wore on their first album cover.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/juhf.gif

chiba 04-21-2014 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntheHorizon (Post 2438846)
Exactly, let them get their feet wet doing crowds who paid for the purpose of seeing OUTKAST, not on some festival bill full of white hipsters where you got Arcade Fire opening for them lol half the kids in that crowd probably have vague memories of "Hey Ya" and thats about the extent of their Outkast knowledge.... And even them dudes probably thought Andre 3000 was the whole group

YUP !
Outkast are hip hop royalty !
But they really shot themselves in the foot by performing at a non hip hop festival !
look at the line up:
Arcade Fire, the Replacements, Neutral Milk Hotel, Beck, the Knife, Disclosure, Queens of the Stone Age, Lana Del Rey, , Bryan Ferry, Skrillex, Motorhead ?
CMON !!

Had Outkast done this set at like rock the bells fest it would be a different story. Even if the Fugees or Tribe did a reunion at coachella the friggen crowd would've been the same or worse.

hipster....is that some sorta american thing?
ive heard the word but never encountered any...is that like some sorta modern day hippie?

on a side note id like a new outkast album...I personally like southernplayalistic,Atliens and aquemini as opposed to their mainstream/commercial albums (not saying they suck it just my preferance)

Not sure which direction they should take for a new album