Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rjd2 (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1393)

arcane 06-24-2005 09:19 AM

Rjd2

Saw this man live at a show a few nights ago.... damn! - that's all I can say. From his sampling skills to song structure to technical turntable skills, he's easily one of the best producers in the game right now.

I copped a real dope CD containing a collection of remixes he's done for various artists over the last couple of years, plus I had a chance to talk with RJ himself for a minute. He told me he's just starting to work on his third album - I asked him if he was going to switch up his style again like he did for Since We Last Spoke after the classic Dead Ringer. He told me that yeah he most likely would, because doing the same shit over and over would be boring to him.

Mad cool, mad humble - those who haven't heard his stuff, get out there and buy it!

Microphone Fiend 06-24-2005 10:07 AM

Re: Rjd2

nice. where was the show?

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah 06-24-2005 10:09 AM

what's the name of this cd?

I-Legit 06-24-2005 10:36 AM

heres a beat he did for Copywrite....RJD2 and the old Weathermen Crew (They Broke Up), Copywrite, Jakk, Cage..all the guys that im bumpin now are like tight with RJD2....i did a google search of him..and found a bunch of cool things abotu him...but i still want his album 'Dead Ringer'...heard it was good.

well just looked up ongoogle while im waiting for this song to upload, its that RJD2 produced and did a lot of scratches on Copywrites Classic album The High Exhaulted..
check it out -------->HERE<--------

well heres the song...
June - Copywrite Produced By RJD2

Song skips for about 3 seconds somewhere at 4:25 into the song...very short..
and Copwrite hardly raps in this song....for like 45 seconds in teh beggining and like 30 at the end of a 4:00+ song
BUT!!
this is a song that shows off RJD2 sills, oh shit i gotta give you guys a bonus, track is off of the same Copywrite CD, and yes RJD2 is copywrites main DJ
so this here is a full scrath, short but full off of Copywrites album too....

Enterlude - RJD2

arcane 06-24-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microphone Fiend
nice. where was the show?

The show was in Winnipeg, Manitoba (where I live)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
what's the name of this cd?

The CD is called "Loose Ends" - I don't know if his live shows are the only distribution channel, but it's professionally printed. I can't really find any reviews for it online or anything. There's a couple of real nasty tracks with Vast Aire (one of the tracks is actually a Cannibal Ox track, which is Vast Aire and another dude). The whole compilation is actually extremely solid.

Oh, and to I-Legit, get Dead Ringer... it's better than good.

dooboy 06-24-2005 11:39 AM

i think he's still down with def jux. i think its one of the best labels at present with some mad talent

Antibody 06-24-2005 11:46 AM

Yeah, he's with Def Jux, I bought Hip Hop Connection today and that came with a Def Jux promo cd with some of his stuff on it. The promo cd is actually really nice, I'm listening to it now

37thchamber 06-24-2005 12:31 PM

RJD2 has always been 1 of the illest

stayshigh 06-24-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcane
The show was in Winnipeg, Manitoba (where I live)...

The CD is called "Loose Ends" - I don't know if his live shows are the only distribution channel, but it's professionally printed. I can't really find any reviews for it online or anything. There's a couple of real nasty tracks with Vast Aire (one of the tracks is actually a Cannibal Ox track, which is Vast Aire and another dude). The whole compilation is actually extremely solid.

Oh, and to I-Legit, get Dead Ringer... it's better than good.

Funny, I thought I was the only Winnipegger here. Where you live man? I'm out in East Kildonan. Small World.

Peace

Weak 06-24-2005 12:55 PM

one the deepest shit i've ever heard, I heard June like about a year and a half ago, and I still listen to that same song. Copywrite wrote an ill book-end verse. Does anyone know the chords he was playing on the acoustic guitar he was playing for the beat? or was it just sampled?

R3beLuTionAry 06-24-2005 01:01 PM

he's even on the new Weathermen roster

R3beLuTionAry 06-24-2005 01:03 PM

RJD2 is dope, thats the kinda stuff i buy **indy shit**

Weak 06-24-2005 01:06 PM

Indy = Independant ?

R3beLuTionAry 06-24-2005 01:17 PM

yup yup sounds weird but thats what they call it, "indy rap label"

I-Legit 06-24-2005 01:18 PM

and wtf is emo, like rap/rock like necro or some shit?