Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rip the Jacker-Greatest Modern Album (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1554)

Definitive X 06-27-2005 11:51 AM

Rip the Jacker-Greatest Modern Album

That's what I feel...just based on the soundscapes of the album, Canibus smashed the shit, and did the whole album so incredibly...he hit all four goals for lyricism: Vocabulary, Flow, Voice, Wit...Stoupe sounded like he should've: a second MC...he spit through his beats, really...because he had to make the beats AROUND Canibus, he put his voice out...just some of my thoughts...drop your thoughts on this classic...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS 06-27-2005 01:22 PM

Re: Rip the Jacker-Greatest Modern Album

shis is too much heat on that album man canibus did wit this album prolly one his three strongest album next to 2000 B.C. & Mic Club:The Cirruciulm
i'd give it five mics on the premess of his topics and vocabulary and also flow was there and even wit poet lauraute 2 is a classic example of rhyming in it's purest form

Rakim_Allah 06-27-2005 02:13 PM

stoupe laid it down 4 real tho too

TUCO 06-27-2005 02:48 PM

this album was just average for me
i liked 2000 BC better
but this was definately classic Canibus shit

peace

MILF DOOM 06-28-2005 06:15 AM

that title belongs to Madvillainy

Rebel_INS 06-28-2005 07:05 AM

Yea man it def was a nice album

002 06-28-2005 08:36 AM

a hip-hop classic. no doubt. nobody fucks with Canibus lyricism on this one. 1

Welshkillabee 06-28-2005 08:40 AM

I was listening to this last night fuckin incredible album Ive had that CD since it came out, u find new stuff everytime you listen 10/10.

mic-cord-strangler 06-28-2005 09:23 AM

agreed:Y

Hayabusa 06-28-2005 09:42 AM

:nonono:I think Bow Wow-Most Wanted will take over that award next month but til then let Canibus reign supreme.

CeeDub204 06-28-2005 12:23 PM

I used to like Canibus when I was like 16, then I figured out he really isnt that impressive. This album is no where near the classics. Classic: people used up this word like whore.

Definitive X 06-28-2005 12:26 PM

^^^^^^^^It's classic, but not a TIMELESS classic...more along the lines of, say, Black Moon's first LP...it's something we KNOW is a great record, but five years down the line, we're not gonna mention it in a debate about great records off the top of our heads...know what I mean?

CeeDub204 06-28-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtadas
^^^^^^^^It's classic, but not a TIMELESS classic...

The word has its own genres now...I love it.
Sorry not a classic, no where close to being called "Greatest Modern Album", I would say average other than the production. Canibus isnt that great...god damn merriam webster rapper.

whitey 06-28-2005 10:57 PM

was never blown away by it or anything. grew on me a little. just not all there for me on the album. but its opinion so take it as.

bobbydrza 06-29-2005 01:08 AM

man when I first listen to this album, I wanted jump up and down, I have never heard anything like it, it was perfect from start to finish, I really liked the Medevil type of theme the album had, it really matches Canibuses style. I got to go buy another copy becuase mines was stolen along with my cd player and rechargable batteries before my Senior year in high school came to a close, so I got to go get another copy along with some of his other albums.