Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How do emcees remeber ALL of their lyrics for live shows (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18648)

Ghost In The 'Lac 05-08-2006 05:52 PM

How do emcees remeber ALL of their lyrics for live shows

I mean say youve made albums for 10 years or more, you gotta be a memory God to be able to draw everyword at will for a live show or whatever. I f anyones ever wrote ryhmes or got a rhymes book youll realise that its impossible to remember anythin exactly thats more than 48 hours old.

Ive listeneed to Cuban Linx/Illmatic/ Ironman 1000's of times, but if you said to me ok - "Start reciting all the verses from Halftime" or "say back all the lyrics from Criminology" i wouldnt even be able to remember the first line without recaping

...And i stopped smokin weed 3 years ago...

brown_dogg 05-08-2006 08:22 PM

i don't find it hard at all to memorize songs. one of the first rap songs i heard was "The Real Slim Shady" (yes i was late..) and i haven't listened to that in years, but i can still recite it word for word. as soon as the beat starts playin everythin comes back to memory. maybe that's how they do it too.

bg357 05-08-2006 08:26 PM

mcs are always on tour, they recite their texts all evenings

Dough Snatcher 05-08-2006 08:31 PM

I dont find it hard to remember lyrics from music and what not specially when your the type artist that drops ill/memorable punchlines and what not. Take Eminem for example. Now "to me" his fist few albums were pretty hot. and just played them over and over again and listen to them and over time that shit just sticks. I guess artist remember there stuff because its well...just that "there material" there work of art. I see for getting your lyrics as being just like forgetting your own seeds name.

Now the better question is how do Red and Meth remember all of there lyrics cuz them nigga stay fucked up...

Bedlam 05-08-2006 08:36 PM

I think it would be alot easier to memorize it when you actually write it

Luther Large 05-08-2006 08:44 PM

yeah it aint that hard but i havnt done it in a while

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT 05-08-2006 08:55 PM

they do it all the time when on tour

and when its your own stuff it becomes second hand

how does a concert pianist remember all the notes - repeated practice

J-DON 05-08-2006 09:21 PM

^exatcly, as if remembering words is harder than remembering how to play songs on instruments pssh

TUCO 05-08-2006 09:30 PM

i memorize alot of my own material...not all tho

MaShPG 05-08-2006 10:08 PM

Memorization can seem a lot harder than it is. Like I used to act,and had to memorize like 1/8th of a 2 hour script. Seems difficult, but it's really not. Once I practiced it over and over again it came natural. I'm sure emcees are the same way. Plus, how do you know all their lyrics?

R3beLuTionAry 05-08-2006 10:11 PM

sound dependent memory. as soon as the beat comes in, everything comes back. common sense if if you took psychology

INF 05-08-2006 10:27 PM

Good to see a positive real thread. It seems that,yes, there is a time for B.S., but this is really what we should spend a majority of our time doing here. Thinking and helping. There is nothing that I can add to this thread that hasn't been said cept these props^. I wonder about that shit with Mef an Red tho too. As well as with the others that seem to get so faded that they jus make you wonder. None the less, mad respect an peace to all.

One.:king:

12weLvE 05-08-2006 11:18 PM

When they record thy have to spit it over and over again until they are satisfied with the flow, and the way it goes with the beat. They also write the song and have to herar it over and over while putting the album together. I dont think is hard to remember, plus at shows the song is playing on the background with the lyrics and all, so they have that lead.

Claustrofobic 05-09-2006 06:07 AM

thats shits pretty easy they wrote it themselfs, try it yourself once, when u write down your own shit its hard to forget that....ever

Professor Poopsnagle 05-09-2006 06:09 AM

http://www.efflearn.com/images/WDSM-LG.jpg