Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Live 8 Concert for Poverty (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1933)

crastuf 07-02-2005 01:06 PM

Live 8 Concert for Poverty

Yo, what do you think about that live 8 concert on mtv and vh1?

Prince Rai 07-02-2005 01:07 PM

Re: Live 8 Concert for Poverty

yo peace its good cause.

shame geldof didnt invite enough african artists, he did in the end, but that was mad disrespect.... cos none came obviously

whos on now??

crastuf 07-02-2005 01:11 PM

Madonna

Origin™ 07-02-2005 01:49 PM

it is a good cause, they will make a shit load of charity money..... but where will it go? where it allways goes? to the rich pollitions in africa, that dont give a fuck about the people, whilst the people have there livly hoods destroyed, there so called leaders drive about in brand new aston martins and mercs and live like kings..... where is the justice in that?

crastuf 07-02-2005 01:53 PM

same shit I was saying in Government forum but people weren't listening. And because of this history repeats itself half the time. for example the first Live 8 concert back in 85'. They must haven't tried hard enough otherwise we wouldn't go through this.

LHX 07-02-2005 02:32 PM

they didnt even invite me

i wouldve done it

i dont even like charity

JASPER 07-02-2005 04:29 PM

Hours of shitty music by snobby self righteous pop artists and unknown rock bands promoting their terrible bands for some useless cause of sending money to corrup African governments... WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

fuck you.

crastuf 07-02-2005 04:43 PM

the only people wit soul there were the rap artist. they should've had the Wu-Tang in effect

JASPER 07-02-2005 04:45 PM

All the rap artists that were/are there suck. As a matter of FACT all artists there could suck my dingleberries.

HANZO 07-02-2005 04:48 PM

good cause but i think its a lost cause, its too late to make poverty history and if the world needs to keep revolving there needs to be 3rd world nations so it will have no affect on the big rich nations. so this is actually pointless.

LHX 07-02-2005 04:54 PM

i dont even buy this poverty stuff

i cant imagine how a group of farmers in a fertile land (not to mention the cradle of civilization)

can suddenly go hungry

millet grows in dry land

you can live off millet

PEACE

dont trust it

oh no no no

Ronin 07-02-2005 05:29 PM

the purpose is to affect the g8 summit and get the politicians to agree to clear afrikas debt, the corrupt leaders need merking so fair trade and advancement can be made

i dont think its a charity thing, just use the site toi sign a petition to vote for clearing afrikas debts

LHX 07-02-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin
the purpose is to affect the g8 summit and get the politicians to agree to clear afrikas debt, the corrupt leaders need merking so fair trade and advancement can be made

i dont think its a charity thing, just use the site toi sign a petition to vote for clearing afrikas debts

alright

i approve then

PEACE

JASPER 07-02-2005 05:31 PM

Didn't they already agree on that?

HANZO 07-02-2005 05:36 PM

the G8 leaders wont do anything because the world cannot function with every nation as a modern economical power, then everything would be too expensive and most markets will fail. The western nations and now even china and india will forever keep afrika poor to keep there own interest going according to plan. they wont clear afrikas debts afrika in debt keeps european markets and US markets trading more with each other. Why would they want to allow afrika to trade then the other nations of the world will but farming stuff from the afrikans instead of the western powers.

so its pointless Geldof waisting time