Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Gnarls Barkley (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20264)

KBOS 06-02-2006 06:51 AM

Gnarls Barkley

Is this just a new name for Cee-Lo (from goodie mobb) or something? MTV is advertising Gnarls Barkley as a brand new hot artist, yet 12 years ago they were playing his videos back in the goodie mobb days. Its just kind of a WTF that Cee-Lo from goodie mobb, who hasn't had any big hits in maybe 10 years, is blowing up all over again but under the name Gnarls Barkley and people think he's brand new.

I'm just posting it because I find this Cee-Lo to Gnarls Barkley stuff to be the biggest WTF of the year in music for me. Not to mention I was surprised to see Big Gipp from goodie mobb on Grillz with Nelly and Paul Wall.

ironwizard 06-02-2006 07:47 AM

Gnarls Barkley is a collaboration between Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse. It is a huge success in Europe, especially England, where it took the number one spot by downloads alone. I personally think its really dope, Danger Mouse is an amazing producer, and Cee-Lo's voice is insane.

GhettoGnom 06-02-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironwizard
Gnarls Barkley is a collaboration between Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse. It is a huge success in Europe, especially England, where it took the number one spot by downloads alone. I personally think its really dope, Danger Mouse is an amazing producer, and Cee-Lo's voice is insane.

word...

and I hate when says "brand new artist" or something... They're a group, and is new as a group, but if u refer to c-lo as the artist than he ain't fucking new.... music channels should do more research before they say stuff...

Kong 06-02-2006 11:28 AM

MTV would. there album is quality though. listen to it on my site.

R3beLuTionAry 06-02-2006 11:50 AM

i bought it, havent heard it yet lol...

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT 06-02-2006 11:55 AM

its dope shit

whitey 06-02-2006 12:25 PM

i like it. its funky. different.

but yea i feel you on the whole "new artist" shit. i think its more of a marketing ploy. the mtv age is 14-19. most 14-19 year olds probably never heard of cee-lo.

Butter 06-02-2006 01:02 PM

its fairly easy to ghostproduce using a different name, nobody would ever ask questions. that was fairly irrelivant.

i didnt like that ''crazy'' song, was too annoying. i like DM's production though.

snapple 06-02-2006 06:34 PM

i think that joint crazy is tight, i wanna hear more, does ceelo spit on any tracks off the album?

graffitiwhat 06-02-2006 06:51 PM

yeah 1 track called "feng shui"

The Antagonist 06-02-2006 07:40 PM

I think the shit is dope.
You could classify it as new because Gnarls Barkley is the name of their duo, like Dangerdoom is the name for DM and Doom.
MTV doesn't give a shit though. Dumbass kids will wanna buy it more ifm it some "hot new shit".

snapple 06-02-2006 07:42 PM

^^mtv, mtv2, and mtvjams have been giving this video madplay man thats how i heard the track....

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT 06-02-2006 07:45 PM

I am glad that Cee-Lo and DM have blown up

snapple 06-02-2006 07:47 PM

^^ehh cee-lo blew up a minute ago man....younger kids prolly don't know who the dude is anymore maybe this will make him a more familiar face again.

KBOS 06-02-2006 07:59 PM

Well I just listen to the whole album, I'm feeling the creativity and im extreamly glad for Cee-Lo to be in the spot light again, however the songs I really liked were Online and Feng Shui. I mean most of the whole album I liked, but the only ones I REALLY REALLY thought were super ill was Online and Feng Shui.

BTW, if Gnarls Barkley is a group then MTV needs to stop calling Gnarls Barkley and artist and call them a group. You feel me? On the real, they need to stop talking about them in singular and keep it on the plural tip, know what I mean?

Now watch what happens to a bunch of dickriding suburban assholes who hated on Cee-Lo when I showed them Cee-Lo on my ipod. They'll jump on this Gnarls Barkley shit just because its hot currently.