Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fear of the Unknown - More about Death (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21234)

LHX 06-18-2006 08:51 PM

Fear of the Unknown - More about Death

I might be beating a dead horse at this point, but I got beef with this society's attitudes toward death.

Imagine, for a moment, what life would be like if we saw 'the unknown' as an ally instead of approaching it as though it were an enemy that needed to be avoided and conquered.

Just consider it for a moment.

Why do we raise people to be so afraid?

And once we see why there is nothing to be afraid of, why does it take so long to get all that damage out of the system?

With Love,
X

arto 06-18-2006 08:59 PM

i think our fear of death comes from the primal need to survive. the difference is, is that we as humans actually know we are going to die in the end, but animals don't seem to, so we fear it, whereas animals don't seem to comprehend it, therefore our fear of death seems isolated.

LHX 06-18-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arto
i think our fear of death comes from the primal need to survive. the difference is, is that we as humans actually know we are going to die in the end, but animals don't seem to, so we fear it, whereas animals don't seem to comprehend it, therefore our fear of death seems isolated.

My question though is this:

What reason do we have to think that there is anything after 'death' that needs to be feared?

It is an unknown region.

No communication comes back from there.

We have no idea what color the walls are, or what they serve for supper.

Where does the fear stem from?

Are we 'surviving'?
Or are we being forced to stay here?

arto 06-18-2006 09:06 PM

i think it's just fear of the unknown, fear that you won't like what's on the other side and that you can't go back.

LHX 06-18-2006 09:19 PM

Maybe this is leading us to a reason why things will get progressively worse on this planet.

The only way we will make a change is when we reach a point where things literally cannot get any worse.

At that point, ANY change is a good change.

LHX 06-18-2006 09:23 PM

Also, what exactly is so 'unknown' about the 'unknown'?

How different could it possibly be from here?

Is there no Hip Hop on the other side?

num2son 06-18-2006 11:35 PM

We have grown to use to living and death is something we do not want to go into without some type of religious belief.

Koolish 06-18-2006 11:56 PM

death is not feared at an old age sometimes, by then people have lived their life and can accept their end as they've lived a full life. i think what we fear is having death prematurely given to us because there is much we can still do on this earth (friends, family, hobbies/passions).

killing someone is forcing their life to unnaturally end, killing someone is pushing the physical limits of the body so far that life cannot continue, death at old age is much more simple and natural. death before old age usually goes along with pain and no human enjoys pain (unless you're some freaky attention desiring goth).

CherChezLaMarauder 06-19-2006 09:22 AM

I don't think it's a matter of what happens after death. It's taken me some time to accept that fact that someday I will no longer exist in the world. The premature death is what bothers me; not death in general.

LHX 06-19-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolish
death is not feared at an old age sometimes, by then people have lived their life and can accept their end as they've lived a full life. i think what we fear is having death prematurely given to us because there is much we can still do on this earth (friends, family, hobbies/passions).

killing someone is forcing their life to unnaturally end, killing someone is pushing the physical limits of the body so far that life cannot continue, death at old age is much more simple and natural. death before old age usually goes along with pain and no human enjoys pain (unless you're some freaky attention desiring goth).

I am not so sure I agree with this.

Most old people I come across seem annoyed by the way life turned out to be, and are bitter toward younger people. It is as though their life experience did not turn out the way they were expecting it to. And as they are finally reaching an 'important' moment in their life, they find it frustrating that they are being forced to think about money and wills and bills.

Plus having to cope with a body that is consistently shutting down.

Old people experience many years of pain - and humiliation.

Diapers?
Poor eyesight?
Crooked Back?

LHX 06-19-2006 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marauder1
I don't think it's a matter of what happens after death. It's taken me some time to accept that fact that someday I will no longer exist in the world. The premature death is what bothers me; not death in general.

Premature death?

What is that exactly?

Aren't we all being killed prematurely at this point?

CherChezLaMarauder 06-19-2006 09:30 AM

Dying after living an unfulfilled life

Soul Controller 06-19-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palehorse
my view point is that wwe are all eternal and theese pigs try to trick usinto teh material world like this physical see hear taste touch feel shit is all there is and that simply aint true plain and simple it aint true i have physical proof....but this knowledge is supressed by the "elite" u are eternal dont fear
this is one of th ebiggest tricks played on us and just look at the results of this imo

peace!

if people saw the unknown.. and knew what it was
im sure.. most of the sheep of the world would turn and run the other way
they dont wanna loose their materlisic toys..

they would rather live on this physical realm,
than know whats really going on.,
they;d rather repear, and live here again..
coz its all their residual memory/conscious tells them is real

people have to admit to being stupid and being followers blindly of whatever is told to them.
once that stage has passed. and they know, they are one of many (eternal/infinate consciousness) this whole things is totally diffrent

and if u knew what u really was
their would be no need to survive
or lust for those things
that our reptillian mind craves

more to follow
peace

KBA7 06-19-2006 02:18 PM

Death is Freedom

Os3y3ris 06-19-2006 02:27 PM

Lets take things down to a really basic level. You are all still alive. Why?