Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Only Thing Thats Really Killin Hip-Hop... (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21758)

The Antagonist 06-28-2006 02:15 PM

The Only Thing Thats Really Killin Hip-Hop...

Is the kind of people that make "Hip-Hop is dying" threads, every fucking day. Its the people that live in their mom's basement and say "G-Unit and all mainstream hip-hop sucks! Lyricism rules!" Who knows what i'm getting at?

There are just so many dumbass wannabe kids nowaday that have no clue but keep trying to talk about "real hip-hop" and they get on these fucking forums because they think they are cool. And they hate all day on anything thats mainstream like its some kind of enemy. Stupid ass kids need to learn respect. And people need to get a clue. You wanna know what hip-hop is, bitch? Really? 50 Cent is real hip-hop. G-Unit is real hip-hop. Those mothafuckas have been on the grind making millions for like 4 or 5 years now. Thats real.

Look I love tight ass underground lyricists as much as the next hip-hop head, but people, you dont have to have tight lyrics to be real. Look, no one on G-Unit is really a tight lyricist, but they do just fine, right? And really, if your one of those people thats saying, "No, fuck all of that shit, rapping about money and hoes and violence." all I gotta say is shut the fuck up and turn your comp monitor off so you can be in complete darkness and just rot away off the face of the earth. These are the people that are killing hip-hop, if anybody.When nerdy motherfuckers that live with their moms start acting like they are real hip-hop and call mothafuckas from the hood getting their grind on and making millions fake, that is when hip-hop is dying. But luckily these dickshits are a minority in the big scheme so its all good.

I could go further and rant about this shit all day, but i'll stop and ask: Who feels what i'm saying here?

Orion Nebulus 06-28-2006 02:27 PM

Yeah I agree with all this stupid "hiphop is dying" threads. I listen to my shit and thats all I care about.

About your comment on whats hiphop and whats not...youre stupid. 50 is real hiphop??? lmaoooo I suggest you shut off your comp and rethink about one of the dumbest comments I ever seen.

Bedlam 06-28-2006 02:28 PM

I don't like close-minded people like that, I think they're wrong, but i fail to see how they're killin hip-hop by having their retarded opinion.

Longbongcilvaringz 06-28-2006 02:44 PM

co-signage

Unforgiven 06-28-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Antagonist
Is the kind of people that make "Hip-Hop is dying" threads, every fucking day. Its the people that live in their mom's basement and say "G-Unit and all mainstream hip-hop sucks! Lyricism rules!" Who knows what i'm getting at?

There are just so many dumbass wannabe kids nowaday that have no clue but keep trying to talk about "real hip-hop" and they get on these fucking forums because they think they are cool. And they hate all day on anything thats mainstream like its some kind of enemy. Stupid ass kids need to learn respect. And people need to get a clue. You wanna know what hip-hop is, bitch? Really? 50 Cent is real hip-hop. G-Unit is real hip-hop. Those mothafuckas have been on the grind making millions for like 4 or 5 years now. Thats real.

Look I love tight ass underground lyricists as much as the next hip-hop head, but people, you dont have to have tight lyrics to be real. Look, no one on G-Unit is really a tight lyricist, but they do just fine, right? And really, if your one of those people thats saying, "No, fuck all of that shit, rapping about money and hoes and violence." all I gotta say is shut the fuck up and turn your comp monitor off so you can be in complete darkness and just rot away off the face of the earth. These are the people that are killing hip-hop, if anybody.When nerdy motherfuckers that live with their moms start acting like they are real hip-hop and call mothafuckas from the hood getting their grind on and making millions fake, that is when hip-hop is dying. But luckily these dickshits are a minority in the big scheme so its all good.

I could go further and rant about this shit all day, but i'll stop and ask: Who feels what i'm saying here?

I agree but I disagree....those kids piss me off though!

Meta4 06-28-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

You wanna know what hip-hop is, bitch? Really? 50 Cent is real hip-hop. G-Unit is real hip-hop. Those mothafuckas have been on the grind making millions for like 4 or 5 years now. Thats real.
I wouldn't exactly call them real hip-hop but damn they have been grindin' for a while now and I've always respected that about them. Music wise/they're effect on hip-hop is another story

ShaDynasty 06-28-2006 04:56 PM

in the grand scheme of things i can classify 50 as hip hop
real hip hop? then youre talkin about gangstarr, black moon, epmd, wu etc
50 i believe has a love for classic hip hop though
why else would he sign mobb deep and mop?
it certainly wasnt to make money lol

White_Mouse 06-28-2006 06:44 PM

i USED to listen to G-Unit, then i realized 50 didn't even have a decent flow or words to back up his nonexistent one. But his beats are ill (dr. dre is one of the best mainstream producers EVER)
Chamillionare is good too, but his name sounds like a certain Pokemon i remeber, Charmeleon. lol
but mostly manistream rap has nice beats and GAY lyrics, that don't even rhyme!
it's hip-hop though, it's just not my PREFERED FLAVOR.

The Antagonist 06-28-2006 07:27 PM

G-Unit is the essence of hip-hop though. Grinding, getting that money, thats some real shit. Their music? Maybe not so much. I'm not even saying I like 50. I despise shit like "Candy Shop" and hes been weak since Get Rich Or Die, but seriosuly i've got serious respect for G-Unit as a whole. Guys like Banks and Buck have got tight flows and sick deliveries, even if they dont have uber lyrics, and you pair that with that fact they get probably the best beats in hip-hop, they got some serious shit going on. But thats their life. They are getting that fuckin money. They are getting those bitches. Thats real. Thats the essence of hip hop. Get what i'm saying now?

Quote:

but i fail to see how they're killin hip-hop by having their retarded opinion.
I was just trying to make a point to those fucktards by saying if anything is killing it, its them. I dont think hip-hop is dying at all, I think its doing just fine.

Another thing is that I can't stand people who can't just appreciate good ol' bump in your car, bump in the club shit. Not all hip-hop has to be talking about some scientific moral metaphor shit. If i'm driving somewhere or up in a club, I wanna hear fucking Three 6 Mafia!! Not some fucking lyricist. But these people dont get that shit because they dont even leave their house, so they wouldn't know. And they especially dont appreciate these guys making music about a lifestyle they hate because they can't have, because they are fucking losers.

Bone Collecta 06-28-2006 10:30 PM

there is no such thing as real hip hop u stupid mother fuckers how many times must i say this?

snapple 06-28-2006 11:51 PM

the antagonist is the drip of knowledge in this section

Full Metal Kid 06-29-2006 01:47 AM

this is all just opinion, all of antagonist's points can be agreed on and they can be argued against, i havent really seen that many "hip hop is dying" threads, but if ppl wanna say such things let them say it, who cares, i mean common dropped an album in 94 called ressurection cuz he thought hip hop needed a ressurection, and now nas is planning to drop an album called "hip hop is dead" so go figure, but it only matters if you think it is dead or not, not what others say

Robert 06-29-2006 01:58 AM

Money the essence of Hip Hop? That is bullshit.
It never used to be. When NaS dropped illmatic is wasnt about the money, When Mobb Deep did The Imfamous it was for the love of the music, is it just me or when money becomes the main goal of an artist (think Nas, Mobb Deep, Jigga) thier material also becomes far weaker?

I think thats what peeps are saying when they say the term real hip hop, they mean mcs and DJ's that do it for the love of the music and not just to sell a record (though obviously money is necessary) and i think this shows in the final product. So then why would i go cop50 Cents latest commercial record when i could go get Bronze Nazareth or someone else that's got something to say?

I'm not saying commercial rap doesnt hav its place but when that is the dominate type of music in hip hop there's a problem imo.
peace

Bone Collecta 06-29-2006 02:06 AM

if any artist says they dont do it for money its cause of 1 of 2 things

1) they are lying

2) they have quit trying and decided to do it for the music.

what makes you all think they doin it for the money these days?

they wanna party and they want you to party to their music so how is that making it for the money? and dont say its cause the shit they say.

the old school cats rapped about getting hoes, jewels, and parties too. sooooooo dont be hypocrits.

Punch 06-29-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
Money the essence of Hip Hop? That is bullshit.
It never used to be. When NaS dropped illmatic is wasnt about the money, When Mobb Deep did The Imfamous it was for the love of the music, is it just me or when money becomes the main goal of an artist (think Nas, Mobb Deep, Jigga) thier material also becomes far weaker?

I think thats what peeps are saying when they say the term real hip hop, they mean mcs and DJ's that do it for the love of the music and not just to sell a record (though obviously money is necessary) and i think this shows in the final product. So then why would i go cop50 Cents latest commercial record when i could go get Bronze Nazareth or someone else that's got something to say?

I'm not saying commercial rap doesnt hav its place but when that is the dominate type of music in hip hop there's a problem imo.
peace

Illmatic and Infamous were about money, I mean saying they made that shit for the music is being a little naive.

This Us vs. Them, Real Hip-Hop vs. Pop Rap is really lame. It's all the same shit. G-Unit is saying the same shit as Ghost and Rae and Nas and Biggie and Mobb... The quality maybe different, but tehn again, there are plenty of "underground" rappers, and Wu Fam, that just plain suck.

Hip-Hop isn't dying, it never was.Good Hip-Hop is, and always has been out there. Now there are even more outlets for it, so why can't we all let everyone do what they want, make and listen to the type of music they want. It won't effect you if you don't let it.