Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Chamillionaire?? - Opinions (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21759)

kurupt_kw 06-28-2006 03:53 PM

Chamillionaire?? - Opinions

First off I want to say I really don't know anything about him. The reason I bring him up is that he is coming to a city close to where I live. Being from a small hick city in Canada we get virtually no hip hop shows to check out. I guess what I am looking for are some opinions on this guy and if it would be worth it for me to check out considering I'm not much of a fan of Southern hip hop. Any input would be appreciated.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI 06-28-2006 04:14 PM

IMO He sucks his music has no depth

Meta4 06-28-2006 04:23 PM

He's nice.

TSA 06-28-2006 04:28 PM

lol don't listen to anyone on this board they have a bias that's pro east, or pro old, and anti new and south. It's a fact Chamillionaire is dope, if you don't know too much about him check his mixtapes, i can't remember what he called the remake, but he remade Adrenaline Rush by Twista, and his version is the most foul mixtape shit i've ever heard, plus he's a dope freestyler, his show should be alright, i recommend you go cause he's got a bright future

M4TH3M4T1CS 06-28-2006 04:46 PM

he's coming to my town it in july, he's alright im not going to the concert tho

Grongle 06-28-2006 04:50 PM

hes shit

kurupt_kw 06-28-2006 05:04 PM

True enough assassin. I should have just dl'd a couple of tracks to check out and make my own opinion. Although due to the fact that in the last 5 years the only hip hop shows around my area have been Snoop and a cancelled DMX and cancelled 50 Cent (so we've had Snoop LOL) I am thinking I may go check it out.

Anyway was in Edmonton for the Stanley Cup Finals and saw that Del was in town the next weekend. Pisses me off that we can't get decent shows like that!!

BigKing.nl 06-28-2006 05:17 PM

Everytime I read Charmillionaire, I think about this pokemon

http://www.ktf-split.hr/~eni/goran/p.../slike/005.gif

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition 06-28-2006 05:17 PM

Average

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition 06-28-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKing.nl
Everytime I read Charmillionaire, I think about this pokemon

http://www.ktf-split.hr/~eni/goran/p.../slike/005.gif

LMAO LMAO

TSA 06-28-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurupt_kw
True enough assassin. I should have just dl'd a couple of tracks to check out and make my own opinion. Although due to the fact that in the last 5 years the only hip hop shows around my area have been Snoop and a cancelled DMX and cancelled 50 Cent (so we've had Snoop LOL) I am thinking I may go check it out.

Anyway was in Edmonton for the Stanley Cup Finals and saw that Del was in town the next weekend. Pisses me off that we can't get decent shows like that!!

you know i feel your pain right, i live in Lincoln Nebraska, the ONLY rappers i've ever seen live are Ghost and Snoop, other then that 50 cent, Ludacris, David Banner, and HeadBodyBangers are the only cats i can think of that've come here in the past 5 years, these other cats take shows for granted but once we get the chance we swallow that shit up

Prolifical ENG 06-28-2006 05:28 PM

When it comes to the south, this is the worst board to come to and ask for opinions.

I have heard Chamillionaire before he blew up.....I was actually kind of suprised he made it to commercial.....Texas has some good rappers.

But you mentioned you arent a southern hip-hop fan, if you really arent then I wont recommend this.

Perhaps one day you might try it out again.

kurupt_kw 06-28-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin
you know i feel your pain right, i live in Lincoln Nebraska, the ONLY rappers i've ever seen live are Ghost and Snoop, other then that 50 cent, Ludacris, David Banner, and HeadBodyBangers are the only cats i can think of that've come here in the past 5 years, these other cats take shows for granted but once we get the chance we swallow that shit up

No doubt. And that's why I am considering taking a two hour drive to check out a rapper I don't know. LOL Man you should be happy you got to check out Ghost!! I did check out Snoop but the main reason I went was because Daz and Soopafly was supposed to open up for him. Sure enough they never showed up. Yeah, Regina Saskatchewan Canada is not the place to be if you are into hip hop. You guys heard of that place???? Didn't think so.

kurupt_kw 06-28-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG
When it comes to the south, this is the worst board to come to and ask for opinions.

I have heard Chamillionaire before he blew up.....I was actually kind of suprised he made it to commercial.....Texas has some good rappers.

But you mentioned you arent a southern hip-hop fan, if you really arent then I wont recommend this.

Perhaps one day you might try it out again.

The thing is I am very open to all types of music however I just never got into Southern shite. Not because I hate it just because I...well I guess I just prefer others such as Wu. In any case I will do what I should have in the first place and DL a couple of tracks and see for myself if I am into it enough to take the trip. Thanks to all who gave some feedback on Chamillionaire.

Visionz 06-28-2006 07:23 PM

he's got some freestyle clip from BET as well here in the forum. Def worth checkin out. You probably never heard of Devin the Dude neither. If you enjoy your ganja, I think Devin's a must. Not in a real lyrical sense, but in a down-to-earth, chilled as a mothafucka, kinda sense.