Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wu-Tang Forever 1997 MTV special? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23301)

ZiG 9th 07-27-2006 02:48 AM

Wu-Tang Forever 1997 MTV special?

Does anyone have the video or link for the Wu-Tang Forever MTV special they had back in '97 when the Wu-4ever album came out? Itz where they showed people lining up in Times Square at mindnight to go kop Wu-Tang Forever at the virgin megastore i think? It was ill! They were askin fanz questions about what songs they liked, and playin snipplets of the album. Any1 got this mtv special?

da child 07-27-2006 10:34 AM

i know the one your talking about... i've been looking everywhere for it.... my homie actually has it on tape. nastiness.

benzo 07-27-2006 11:47 AM

that'd be tight. if you happen to find a link, would ya post it up please?

TDeane23 07-27-2006 07:29 PM

I have that on VHS somewhere...I used to tape all the Wu-Tang videos and interviews.

Don't know how to get it from VHS to a .mov file or whatever though.

nineteen80sbaby 07-27-2006 08:06 PM

my friend has that on vhs as well. it was an mtv "rockumentary" when forever dropped. they had all the dudes sitting down. it has the line from raekwon where he says something like "my music is real, like I COULD FALL OUT THIS CHAIR RIGHT NOW" LOL!! and theres a line that ghost says when he's comparing the different styles of wu to a fruit basket and he's like "you could take a peach...its good but its different" something like that, shit is hilarious. they also played clips from the old martial arts film in the special and the clan was breaking it down, they were talking about the different meanings of "36". id love to watch that siht again.

The Last Clansman 07-27-2006 08:23 PM

please someone get that..

ZiG 9th 07-27-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDeane23
I have that on VHS somewhere...I used to tape all the Wu-Tang videos and interviews.

Don't know how to get it from VHS to a .mov file or whatever though.

Yea that'll be ill if u could find a way to do that? I live in York about a hr 15min. away i might have to take a drive up 2 Allentown and borrow that from u! lol!!

ZiG 9th 07-27-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da child
i know the one your talking about... i've been looking everywhere for it.... my homie actually has it on tape. nastiness.

Yea itz ill! I was checking on mtv.com last nite, i went thru all of their news archive for the Wu-Tang Clan but u couldn't find it? I know someone has to have it online somewhere?

They were askin people what their favorite songs were. And this one black chic was like i'm feelin this song an that song but my favorite right now is "Maria".......y0 it was live! Thatz how u know wu was big back then! You don't get u own rocumentary and album preview unless ur major at the time. I was like daaaamn when i seen all those people lined up waitn to kop the album at midnight.

benzo 07-28-2006 11:49 AM

damn....nothing on youtube either.

Dr. Simon Hurt 07-28-2006 12:00 PM

you should be able to find it on soulseek, i dowloaded it a few years ago so it should be still be available.

AK Spray 07-28-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vay727
you should be able to find it on soulseek, i dowloaded it a few years ago so it should be still be available.

If someone dl's it (since I have a Mac, and SoulSeek doesn't work for me) can you up it for all of us?

Protection 07-28-2006 04:34 PM

Soulseek? I quit using that in '03...

ZiG 9th 07-28-2006 11:01 PM

I wonder why MTV doesn't have it somewhere on their website?

Richard Nixon 07-28-2006 11:38 PM

I remember the commercials to that special..but i never got to see it..if anyone has it..uploading it will be greatly appreciated

peace

crass 07-29-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiG 9th
I wonder why MTV doesn't have it somewhere on their website?

because they have millions upon milllions of videos/shows/footage/etc and couldn;t possibly uplopad them all.