Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   is 4:21 what u thought it would be? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25148)

cap 09-02-2006 07:44 AM

is 4:21 what u thought it would be?

did u get what u wanted?

my answer is...FUCK YEAH!
i love this album,a lot of bangers on there.
mef has made me a believer again.
i wanna hear what other heads thought of this.

PS:dont delete/move this
this is not a review thread,and is a very essential question.

Vegan 09-02-2006 07:46 AM

I like about half of it.

Johnny Dust 09-02-2006 07:51 AM

Not really. Overall the album has a to clubby sound, while a was hoping for some more grimey shit.
Nice album, but I'm feeling it way less than most people here.

Prince Rai 09-02-2006 08:02 AM

hmm thats true. hes got some "good" joints, but it's offset with the rest of the crappy tunes that arent classic or even good enough, the crappy ones may be classic for mediocre artists, but for Meth... its bad.

overall i still say it was an OKish album, but we know he can do better.

WotsGoinDown 09-02-2006 08:06 AM

This is a very good album , the two people above are haters & expect to much and they know it is a good album.

Prince Rai 09-02-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WotsGoinDown (Post 572502)
This is a very good album , the two people above are haters & expect to much and they know it is a good album.

we expect "much" cos meth is too good an mc, i know the album is good, but not on Meth's level. A true Meth album would have a serious RZA produced feel to it.

feel me, im not hatin on meth... think about it..

cap 09-02-2006 08:12 AM

wow,i feel like mef was repping wu again with this one,agreed its more commercial than 'tical' but this is another era,and he dropped some grimy shit too...

Prince Rai 09-02-2006 08:16 AM

its about consistency.
if he can drop albums that become better and better.. thats positive consistency.

I give Meth props in the sense that he has a lot going against him with some media pricks who tryn to contain him, and its hard to settle in the game when u got so much against you.

Thats why you need to be consistent and be true to what people expect from you, and improve on those expectations.

An artists always has to impress his fans, not the critics to succeed. The fans rule the game, nobody else.

Johnny Dust 09-02-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

You're full of shit. I ain't hating, the album just didn't turn out the way I hoped to.

venex 09-02-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

those guys aren't haters...

the album is very nice, and like you said cap, it's a different era...

a few commercial joints, but I don't mind that.. the majority is bangers !!

and yeah, mef is reppin' wu to the fullest:clap:

WotsGoinDown 09-02-2006 08:41 AM

Nowadays if you are on a major label your album is guaranteed not to be classic because of the commercial shit the label puts on.

THE W 09-02-2006 09:03 AM

it actually is a lot better then what i expected because i expected this album to be complete trash, when in fact its average.

Quote:

you'll be alright :thumbup:

rubyspirit 09-02-2006 09:41 AM

Yes. Meth did what he had to do to please us, and the record company. I enjoy the CD and play it a lot.

Escobar_Incorporated 09-02-2006 10:16 AM

very solid cd..very solid..nobody will make another cd as dark and grimey as tical 1 but this new effort is a great job by mef...

zeppelin2k 09-02-2006 10:24 AM

well considering they still changed the album around without meth's permission
its a dope ass modern label banger