Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bulletproof Wallets- what do you all think? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2583)

graffitiwhat 07-10-2005 08:56 PM

Bulletproof Wallets- what do you all think?

this was the one ghostface cd ive never purchased until today, i had heard things years ago that it was wack, it was weak etc... but then i heard that it was weak but still strong so i had some extra loot and i copped this along with az's aziatic and that album is decent as well but i do feel ghosts' bullet proof wallets, the alchemist tracks are fire

wu gambino 07-10-2005 09:17 PM

Re: Bulletproof Wallets- what do you all think?

Overall I like it, there seems to be alot of filler tho. But I am a big Ghostface fan, and I like his versitilaty from each album. None of his LP's sound alike. Ironman is differant from SC, SC from BPW, and BPW from Pretty Toney. I do think Bulletproof is his weakest album, but it is a personal favorite of mine. People that are more of a Ghost fan than a Wu fan like me should like it, but major Wu fans will feel it is a dissapointment because of the non-wu feel to it, or as most will say because there is no Rza. But like a said, a personal favorite of mine...
I give it a 7.8/10

Favorite Tracks:
Maxine
Strawberry
The Forest
Walking Through The Darkness
The Hilton

Shoulda Taken out :
Love Session & Theodore
and added :
The Watch and The Sun

pussy-with-teeth 07-11-2005 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu gambino
Overall I like it, there seems to be alot of filler tho. But I am a big Ghostface fan, and I like his versitilaty from each album. None of his LP's sound alike. Ironman is differant from SC, SC from BPW, and BPW from Pretty Toney. I do think Bulletproof is his weakest album, but it is a personal favorite of mine. People that are more of a Ghost fan than a Wu fan like me should like it, but major Wu fans will feel it is a dissapointment because of the non-wu feel to it, or as most will say because there is no Rza. But like a said, a personal favorite of mine...
I give it a 7.8/10

Favorite Tracks:
Maxine
Strawberry
The Forest
Walking Through The Darkness
The Hilton

Shoulda Taken out :
Love Session & Theodore
and added :
The Watch and The Sun

could not say it betta - iam more a ghost fan than wu - i came to wu cause of ghost not from to wu to ghost....BPW was dope...with them kanye beats that jay stole for his Blueprint album and all the sogns that did not made the LP cause of saMPLE laws...shit had been a close classic

PolitiC 07-11-2005 10:08 AM

well put no doupt..i give it 4/5 mics

Definitive X 07-11-2005 10:14 AM

I thought this was underrated...I think it was WAAAAY too soulful not to be a Ghostface album...but yeah, Love Session should've been kept off...Never Be the Same Again was raw, people sleep...The Hilton was on some Odd Couple shit, a slapstick little action comedy...overall: 4.5/5.

pussy-with-teeth 07-11-2005 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtadas
I thought this was underrated...I think it was WAAAAY too soulful not to be a Ghostface album...but yeah, Love Session should've been kept off...Never Be the Same Again was raw, people sleep...The Hilton was on some Odd Couple shit, a slapstick little action comedy...overall: 4.5/5.

never be the same was dope no doubt....the forest was the best cut on the LP though, that song was blazing - ill concept

pablobaluba 07-11-2005 10:24 AM

2/5

pussy-with-teeth 07-11-2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablobaluba
2/5

hell no

Welshkillabee 07-11-2005 10:38 AM

Theres too many weak tracks on here the nice tracks are really nice though. Word, Love Session is an awful track I only listened to it once now I skip it everytime. I would rate this album alongside Lex Diamond at a above average 6/10.

GhostfaceKillah199 07-11-2005 10:43 AM

honestly I fuckin love this album. I'm not tryin to dickride but I love hearin ghost on that smooth club/r&b shit(ghost showers, love session, never be the same again, and walking through the darkness), sure overall, the album is kinda glossy(especially if compared to any other wu album except tical 0). The story telling is tight too, esp. on Maxine and The Hilton. Call me a dickrider but I put this right behind Supreme Clientele. peace

THE W 07-11-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablobaluba
2/5

yep

Stringer Bell 07-11-2005 11:24 AM

Its a dope album... but its no Ironman or SC.

Analyze 07-11-2005 11:28 AM

I didnt like the shit to much. All the tracks that heard that were supposed to be on there was replaced with some bullshit. Wasnt Goodtimes supposed to be on it, overall a very AVERAGE album. 3/5

Wu Forever

deadlymelody 07-11-2005 12:07 PM

His 3rd or 4th best effort I would say. 3.5/5 i'd give it.

Didn't the source give this like 4.5 stars?

Definitive X 07-11-2005 12:09 PM

^^^Yeah, but I think they were trying to make up for the fact that they didn't give Ghost 5 mics for Supreme Clientele...