Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rae and Ghostface.. (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2896)

LowREz 07-14-2005 02:48 AM

Rae and Ghostface..

To tell the truth, out of all the Wu, i feel these 2 the least.It's not a matter of taste that much either.Its more because i don't know what the fuck they are saying.I just can't understand the slang they spit.

I know they must be dope because they are recognized and respected as much as any other Wu-member.

Does any one feel the same or am i the only who's sleeping on thier shit?

ill0gic 07-14-2005 02:59 AM

Re: Rae and Ghostface..

It's all good, we have our opinions.. but I think most are gonna disagree with you here..

As for me, sometimes I'll be feelin Ghost the most, then Deck, then Rae, then RZA, etc... it shifts from time to time. But overall, I'd say Ghost and Rae are the wu-members I'm feelin the majority of the time.

*bumps Faster Blade*

PowerHouseKickout 07-14-2005 03:26 AM

i agree, it's hard to fully understand the slang they spit...but that's why i highly appreciate them, they make you think nah mean...they have a unique "visual concept" nah mean...you have to do the knowledge and some serious research to understand their slang ,it can take weeks or months, or years to understand one line

RAGU is the shit

pussy-with-teeth 07-14-2005 04:04 AM

i think its hard to understand them - and thats why i love em even more...it makes me thinking what the shit means...lile scoty waty cop it to me - that shit means "dont worry be happy to me " ahhahahaha yes man...get ya own sense from em....and u cant front - those dudes got the best flow and voice in tha clan - plus they dropped the best solos...peace

PowerHouseKickout 07-14-2005 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
i think its hard to understand them - and thats why i love em even more...it makes me thinking what the shit means...lile scoty waty cop it to me - that shit means "dont worry be happy to me " ahhahahaha yes man...get ya own sense from em....and u cant front - those dudes got the best flow and voice in tha clan - plus they dropped the best solos...peace

word

Welshkillabee 07-14-2005 04:39 AM

U should pick up the Wu-Manual Rae's slang dictionary will help you understand the slang they use better. Not to mention everything else this fine book offers

Peace

Wu-tang Fan 07-14-2005 05:20 AM

I got to say,I think ghost-face-killah has a kinda high pitched rapping style.

Rebel_INS 07-14-2005 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWelshKillaBee
U should pick up the Wu-Manual Rae's slang dictionary will help you understand the slang they use better. Not to mention everything else this fine book offers

Peace

True that, but im gonna have to disaggree I think that Ghost and Rae spit the best kinda shit you know. But its all good though

tragedykhadafi12 07-14-2005 08:44 AM

Your crazy.

THE W 07-14-2005 08:52 AM

i cant say that i understand everything but i understand most of it. wu-tang as a whole is like that. it takes a bit more effort on the listeners part to understand thier lyrics.

diePukey 07-14-2005 09:22 AM

people be talkin i feed dolpins.

gi0vanni 07-14-2005 09:37 AM

yeah they use a lot of slang blah blah blah but they also say things that sometimes make completely no sense. i'm not dissing them, i love rae and ghost, but they have some lines that just don't connect.

Polocash7 07-14-2005 09:56 AM

I think that 's the best part 'bout Rae and Ghost. Their slang is what makes them. They way the describe things is like no other MC. The Wu tang Manual will help u better understand their slang. Maybe I understand them better than most 'cause I grew up in NYC. A lot of their slang comes from the streets

Orion Nebulus 07-14-2005 02:15 PM

Their slang terms are so original and creative.....and you really need to sit down and analyze that shit...especially Ghost....that nigga is dope as hell with his terms.

wu gambino 07-14-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadedigital36
i cant say that i understand everything but i understand most of it. wu-tang as a whole is like that. it takes a bit more effort on the listeners part to understand thier lyrics.

Counldnt agree more, and thats why I love thier music so much. Rae is slang king of Hip-hop. And Ghost & Rae are my favorite members of the clan. The only members of the clan that are in my top 20 favorite MC's (Ghost being #1, and Rae somewhere between 15-20.) And alot of the reason I like them is because of the reason we speak of. I mean, 90% of Supreme Clientele is not understandable to the untrained ear. Some of it is just abunch of misc. rhymes, but some of it means something, and you really gotta put 2 and 2 together to get it.

Peace