Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Maybe it IS time to throw in the towel. (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29782)

LHX 12-03-2006 07:47 PM

Maybe it IS time to throw in the towel.

Vigilante justice is not a reliable long-term option.

Unfortunately, when it comes to something like life, it is not a viable option to kill people.

This is frustrating because we live on a planet where there is a destructive element, and it operates thru people.

So, it stands to reason that if these destructive people were removed, then we would stand a better chance at achieving some sort of enduring life here.

The problem is, it is not us that can do the removing.

These people DO need to be removed, but it cannot be done by other people.

Its part of the nature of society.

People cannot be trusted to have sound judgment. We are instruments that occasionally process information incorrectly and have flawed perceptions.

And when we kill, all it really does is give other people permission to approach us with just as much finality.

Nope.

No assassinations.
No coups.
No conventional revolutions.

And it runs so deep, that even the "I don't care if they kill me" people can't even violate this rule, because that would represent a self-destructive tendency anyway (which is what the problem is in the first place).

No.
It is time to throw in the towel on all these approaches.

Anything you ever read in a history book - toss it. It is not going to accomplish what needs to be accomplished.

The token removal of a government and replacing it with another one simply will not cut it.

We need that new shit.

The stuff that ain't come out yet.

Although I really have little idea what I am talking about at this point (since, as I said, this is all new territory), I suggest the following:

1. a immediate shift of focus from activism to a revolution of patience
2. a quiet defiance to all rules and laws wherever possible
3. spending time creating your own entertainment
4. looking for some catastrophic event to fix things on this planet
5. thinking about how to cope with some apocalyptic situation
6. spend time wishing for 'outside intervention'
7. think about how nice things will be afterward
8. encourage people to stop wasting their efforts in a useless direction
9. creative and tasteful vandalism

But please, please, above all else, please don't bother with the promotion or endorsment of the following:
- rallies
- public protests
- assassinations
- anything that involves yelling
- waiting for societal justice or fairness (lol lol lol lol lol)

Be creative for fuck sakes.

Like I said - the way out is NOTHING WE HAVE EVER SEEN BEFORE.

Because if it was, THERE WOULD BE A LONG LINE OF PEOPLE ON THEIR WAY OUT OF THIS SHIT.

Typing in all caps is also not a way out.

I just tried it and I am still here.

But no, seriously.

Maybe we should stop trying to focus on 'working together', and instead work on not negatively tripping each other up.

Some backwards logic like that.

Meat eaters and vegetarians unite.

V4D3R 12-03-2006 08:20 PM

Patience is a virtue some of us can barely afford.

Some of us are dying, have been "put on layaway", or feel a intuitive sense of urgency with certain issues.

Like in a Sunny Winters produced jam I heard -"Time is of the essence..."

LHX 12-03-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4D3R (Post 667894)
Patience is a virtue some of us can barely afford.

Some of us are dying, have been "put on layaway", or feel a intuitive sense of urgency with certain issues.

Like in a Sunny Winters produced jam I heard -"Time is of the essence..."

everything i say is said with the utmost sense of urgency

it takes a bit of urgency to explore the notion of mass amounts of people getting killed and deciding that it is the wrong way to go

LHX 12-03-2006 08:26 PM

and oh yeah - eternity might not last forever

lol

maestro wooz 12-04-2006 02:03 AM

youve lost it lhx, check yourself in somewhere

Sicka than aidZ 12-04-2006 02:07 AM

Leavin Mahfucka? Cya

supremecharma 12-04-2006 02:10 AM

y'all trip

LHX 12-04-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro wooz (Post 668093)
youve lost it lhx, check yourself in somewhere

man

judging by the feedback i get from other places where i post material

it makes the people here seem like a bunch of wide-eyed kids that always tuck in their shirts and talk about the latest episode of G.I. Joe at recess

7EL7 12-04-2006 07:21 AM

its the "i don't like you anymore, you should cease to exist syndrome"

too many people have it

but its disappearing

Prince Rai 12-04-2006 08:12 AM

essentially, what i think is of character of LHX words, is that we have waited so long for "something". Not everyone is looking for "something", either because they falsely believe "something" has arrived or they don't know what it ought to be.

We approach life in ways that need changing perhaps? Perhaps we know how we could approach things, but it is our nature not to.

Os3y3ris 12-04-2006 08:19 AM

I look at this concept in reverse. I've recently come to the realization that my default behavior, for whatever reason is to deal out extreme amounts of violence. Therefor, for me, the issue, when under threat or annoyance or whatever, is dealing in mercy. That means that when I run into a conflict, the only thing I'm thinking is that I SHOULDN'T hurt the guy.

Prince Rai 12-04-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Os3y3ris (Post 668258)
I look at this concept in reverse. I've recently come to the realization that my default behavior, for whatever reason is to deal out extreme amounts of violence. Therefor, for me, the issue, when under threat or annoyance or whatever, is dealing in mercy. That means that when I run into a conflict, the only thing I'm thinking is that I SHOULDN'T hurt the guy.

isnt that a natural humn thing? reacting with violence? mercy is a harder luxury to grow. it is more difficult to apply and expand. mastering it is a virtue.

who knows?

peace

Os3y3ris 12-04-2006 08:45 AM

No. Most people suck at violence.

Prince Rai 12-04-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Os3y3ris (Post 668276)
No. Most people suck at violence.

you actually uphold what i said.

people "suck" at violence, because it is essentially not the way forward. the way forward is by other means, perhaps "mercy" as you suggested. However, it is harder to apply mercy, that is why perhaps violence is used as you said as a default. Maybe its not just your default, it may be universal.

That's what needs to be countered.

snapple 12-04-2006 12:35 PM

knowledge > death