Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sound Shack (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tool Appreciation Thread (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29890)

AcidPhosphate69 12-06-2006 01:15 AM

Tool Appreciation Thread

Yeah, I don't know if you guys ever heard of Tool. They're pretty nasty. I recommend their earlier CD's like Opiate and Undertow for a bit more edge. But Aenima and Lateralus are pretty good too. They have like a rhythmic kind of vibe. A lot of the percussion almost has a ritualistic feel to it. Yep, that's about it.

INF 12-06-2006 01:25 AM

Maynard was the whole reason why ppl got confused about the rib thing with manson. It was stupid ppl that didnt have the facts straight. And also within topic, their last album has the sickest cover in recorded music. I remember when these guys first came around on tha major. The sober video. Thats why I paid attention. the claymation was ill. Things got weird after the 3rd album.

Of course, I have tripped on LSD to Tool on a few occasions.

AcidPhosphate69 12-06-2006 01:41 AM

Yeah, their live show is pretty incredible and Maynard's voice is something to be reckoned with as far as power and richness go.

wuswordz95 12-06-2006 03:17 AM

i like sober. im not a fan of them but i give props to them

EAGLE EYE 12-06-2006 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69 (Post 670569)
Yeah, I don't know if you guys ever heard of Tool. They're pretty nasty. I recommend their earlier CD's like Opiate and Undertow for a bit more edge. But Aenima and Lateralus are pretty good too. They have like a rhythmic kind of vibe. A lot of the percussion almost has a ritualistic feel to it. Yep, that's about it.

WHAT? Of course I have, heres what I have of their albums at the moment:

TOOL - 10000 Days 2006
TOOL - Ultra Rare Trax
TOOL - Aenema
TOOL - Lateralus
TOOL - Salival
TOOL - Tales from the Darkside
TOOL - Undertow
TOOL - Unreleased
TOOL - [1992] Opiate

INF 12-06-2006 12:06 PM

What do ya'll think of A perfect Circle then? I have their second album with that song "weak and powerless". Its pretty chill. I thought that the first album was kinda played out.

Gawd 12-06-2006 01:06 PM

tool is good.....my favorite album is lateralus.....but they are all good imo. maynard has a home in cave creek and jerome AZ

Kriszy Substance 12-07-2006 03:35 PM

Oh yes, Tool is pretty incredible. I really havent listened to any newer stuff but I was really into Tool back in the day. Their drummer is fucking sick, SICK!

I didnt know Maynard has places in AZ...especially Cave Creek, that is where I was born. Still seems odd to me that Maynard was in the military. But yeah, he has a great voice.

I never really got into Perfect Circle much. They are good, but I dont think I ever purchased an album of theirs. I would love to see Tool live. I have heard they put on fantastic shows...and to be able to watch that drummer all night, fuck, that would be nice.

AcidPhosphate69 12-11-2006 06:44 PM

I saw them live a few years ago. It was pretty badass. It's not like a huge, pyro-driven kind of stage show as much as it is about the art and the music. Some people don't like it but if you can appreciate them, and I think you can Kriszy, you'll like it.

SID 08-11-2008 02:23 PM

The TOOL thread

Amazing band with powerfull, deep, conscious lyrics and insane videos.

You hardly see the band perform, as they dont want their personalities to interfere with the perception/feeling of their music, so they have all these mad videos with all their tunes

my fav song is sober...i relate to the lyrics and the chorus is amazing.

Check them out

Longbongcilvaringz 08-12-2008 04:53 AM

To me perfect circle is just your average rock band with maynard singing.

What album dispel this?

Young Gun 07-02-2013 03:08 PM

Tool is an excellent group. Lateralus is a masterpiece of an album.

I'm more into their experimental work like Aeniema and Lateralus, but the message/story told at the end of Disgustipated on Undertow has always fascinated me.

I've also never gotten into A Perfect Circle, but Maynard's other side group Puscifer has good joints.

oDoUoSoKo 07-02-2013 06:20 PM

insane coincidence. i randomly decided to listen to lateralus for the first time in ages two days ago.

UNCLE RUCKUS 07-22-2013 08:48 PM

definitely one of the best bands in the last 20 yrs. first 4 lps are great