Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   much respect to GANGSTARR (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3410)

THE W 07-20-2005 10:31 AM

much respect to GANGSTARR

gotta give props to these cats for keeping it real as long as they have. they have been a beaken for real hiphop ever since they came through. while all other real hiphop artists and groups have caved in to the bullshit thats going on today(coughwutangcough), gangstarr has been steadfast and faithful to keeping it raw.

they are an example of the fact that you DO have choice in what music you want to make. real hiphop will never sell the multi millions that commercial rap will, but there is still a audience out there for it and artists CAN choose to make music for them. if we ever want to see real hiphop have more commercial success, then we need to represent and fight the good fight to restore real hiphop's relevency along side commercial rap.

gangstarr havent sold a lot of records but they're fighting the fight that is gonna bring about change in the game. you gotta have plan and you gotta stick to it. you gotta stand for something and gangstarr stands for real, rugged and raw hiphop.

MADD love and props to gangstarr for holding the torch for the underground.

bringoutthegimp 07-20-2005 10:33 AM

Re: much respect to GANGSTARR

you know gang starr split up right?

THE W 07-20-2005 10:37 AM

no i didnt...guru and premier arent gonna make anymore music together?

Definitive X 07-20-2005 10:39 AM

Until Guru or Premo say something, I'm not gonna believe that shit...give me something to run with, gimp...

36chambers 07-20-2005 10:39 AM

Thats BS, i wont believe it until i see a press conference or see it come from there own mouths

Definitive X 07-20-2005 10:40 AM

^^^What did I just say?

36chambers 07-20-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtadas
Until Guru or Premo say something, I'm not gonna believe that shit...give me something to run with, gimp...

exactly. this has happened before but then the ownerz dropped.

someone 07-20-2005 10:43 AM

on www.gurugangstarr.com there is a statement saying they aren't gonna work together musically anymore.

THE W 07-20-2005 10:43 AM

well since he's not responding i guess he has nothing.

anyway,

wu-tang needs to take page from these guys. i think gangstarr had like one gold record and they didnt go and change there whole shit after that, they kept it true to their roots. we need more like gangstarr if we want the game to change.

Definitive X 07-20-2005 10:43 AM

The only problem these two have had was Guru's drinking...they didn't really clash over anything else...

bringoutthegimp 07-20-2005 10:47 AM

it was on gurus site

THE W 07-20-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone
on www.gurugangstarr.com there is a statement saying they aren't gonna work together musically anymore.

well i guess its true, they did split up. record labels kept bullshittin them.

they will surely be missed as group. all these underground groups hollerin "we keep it real" need to look at these guys and see that you gotta pay your dues and its take time. dont go for the quick fix and sell out cuz then you fuck up the balance of real and commercial.

36chambers 07-20-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone

show me?

All i see on that site is that Premier and Guru are busy with solo projects for a few years and they WILL come back with another GANGSTARR album. I cant copy and paste but click on news and go like half way down.

Definitive X 07-20-2005 10:52 AM

THANK YOU! It's B.I. vs. Friendship...hopefully, the latter wins over the former...

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah 07-20-2005 10:52 AM

i'm surprised ya'll didn't know Gangstarr broke up.........get the J-Love mixtape tho, that's got some of the best shit they had and some unreleased classics........one of my favorite J-Love mixtapes