Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Sports Zone (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Roy Jones Jr. vs. Antonio Tarver (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3957)

RynMur 07-27-2005 05:14 PM

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Antonio Tarver

I just heard this on ESPN, that a fight between Jones Jr. and Tarver was completed and I think it's October 10, 2005 at the Mandalay Bay. So, does anything think that Roy Jones has any fire left. This will be a fight that I'd like to see.

Hayabusa 07-27-2005 05:39 PM

Re: Roy Jones Jr. vs. Antonio Tarver

If he loses this one he should seriously think of hanging the gloves up and falling back on his garbage rap career lol.

RynMur 07-27-2005 05:54 PM

C'mon man he has a few good songs.

benzo 07-27-2005 07:30 PM

tarver by early stoppage. rjj= bitch ass punk

Ronin 07-28-2005 06:04 AM

roy should fucking retire

legends fucking getting ruined

Sergio 07-28-2005 09:13 AM

Hey guys remember, this is Roy Jones. I believe that the floating in and out of weight has taking a toll on his skill and reflexes. With that being said, if he trains and is not the same Roy(Johnson, Tarver II) then it will be intresting. I think Tarver will win if Roy does not come correct.

100pr00f 07-29-2005 11:29 PM

i think it would be a great fight...jones still a good fighter...the losses only came from changing waight......

100pr00f 07-29-2005 11:30 PM

but if he does loos he should retire.......

mashqauck 07-30-2005 12:10 AM

i hate hockey

Big Bad Man 07-30-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin
roy should fucking retire

legends fucking getting ruined

U lot should listen to Ronin more. He didnt say RJJ sucks. He said by fightin on instead of walking away when he had the chance he kinda ruined himself and I agree. I wanted him to walk after gettin the HW title but naw. Anyhow, fights october 1st. I predict RJJ unanimous win. Then he might retire.

Ronin 07-31-2005 04:28 AM

bbm, u reckon roys got fitter?

he looked awful against glen, he wasnt even counterpunching just trying to be cockey and he got dashed on his temple lol

tarver beat glen, so unless roys got his game back i think tarver will ko him again

Big Bad Man 07-31-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin
bbm, u reckon roys got fitter?

he looked awful against glen, he wasnt even counterpunching just trying to be cockey and he got dashed on his temple lol

tarver beat glen, so unless roys got his game back i think tarver will ko him again

As you age you can never get fitter. But he will be in much better conditon for sure. If ya get me. He took both them chumps easy and paid for it. Right before he got done, as he came out the round the corner men were tellin him to keep doin what he was doin, he was safe. He will remember that shit and listen to his own instincts better this time. Aye, Roys game is evasion and counter punching with a turbo charge. When he dont do that he aint the same fighter but I hink he be wiser this time and get the result over the performance. Puttin money on it defo. Odds are against him and thats when he at his best.

Prince Rai 08-01-2005 11:09 AM

he will be training like the shit (RJJ), he knows he has to win to revive his career... or at least fight so damn well that people will respect him to fight on nahmean?

personally i think he'll win tho... on points

Big Bad Man 08-01-2005 11:51 AM

Cool.

Roman Deini 08-01-2005 12:26 PM

back to rooster fighting. but uh got some mixed feelings about roy coming back tho. i hope he better prepares himself. if so we are in for a treat if not he should retire before he does some more damage too his legend status.