Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?...Why (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397)

dns 06-11-2005 09:13 AM

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?...Why

No disrespect to Johnny Deep or Tim Burton, why would they sign on to ruin the greatest movie of all time (imho). This newer version of the classic Willy Wonka's Chocalote Factory looks so dark and demented. I guess that's Burton twist to it. The original one was a lighthearted, fun, fantasy world teaching you honesty is the right policy. Even, Gene Wilder's upset about this remake.

Ronin 06-11-2005 09:18 AM

Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?...Why

y? because american cinema is SHIT and they like taking english ideas and americanising them

war of the worlds, an american saving the world! out this month too..if they made films on reality, maybe theyd show the americans as the enemy

all the ww2 movies are funny because they make out they win the war single handedly

dns 06-11-2005 10:29 AM

because american cinema is SHIT and they like taking english ideas and americanising them

As an American I cosign your exact sentiments. I have the Killer on DVD, and the way they rip off that movie is crazy.

Skellington 06-11-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin
y? because american cinema is SHIT and they like taking english ideas and americanising them

war of the worlds, an american saving the world! out this month too..if they made films on reality, maybe theyd show the americans as the enemy

all the ww2 movies are funny because they make out they win the war single handedly

You're right man, well said.

I do think that the American movie industry rips alot of good movies. Like for instance the asia mania movies. The ring,The Grudge,Dark Water etc.....good movies,ofcourse, but they can't type the Asian cinema.
Now America is gonna re-make the Belgion blockbuster "De Zaak Alzheimer" aswell....What, did they run out of ideas or sumthin'? I mean c'mon, be original, get y'r own shit.
What's next? A re-make of "Seven Samuraļ"???????????????????

Shitao 06-11-2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09
What's next? A re-make of "Seven Samuraļ"???????????????????

Already did. "The magnificent seven" in 1960. :)

Skellington 06-11-2005 12:29 PM

Ah right....LOL but I don't realy count that as a Samuraļ movie ;)

Shitao 06-11-2005 12:29 PM

And I'm totaly agree with you about "Charlie and the Chocolate factory". But a Burton/Depp collabo is very exciting. "Edward..." and "Ed Wood" are fucking classics. "Sleepy Hollow" an ok movie.
But I'm with you dns ;)

Ronin 06-11-2005 05:29 PM

gene wilder>johny depp

gene is a legend, hear no evil see no evil....motherrfuckers

EDIT: some more akira kurasawa ideas remade in hollywood

yojimbo - fistfull of dollars

hidden fortress - star wars

:list:

Shitao 06-11-2005 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin
EDIT: some more akira kurasawa ideas remade in hollywood

yojimbo - fistfull of dollars

hidden fortress - star wars

:list:

Sure. Kuro was THE man. Crazy filmography!!!!!!!!

Definitive X 06-11-2005 05:52 PM

Only cat I know who can work with Mel Brooks, Zero Mostel, AND Richard Pryor...

dns 06-11-2005 06:12 PM

I know Burton/Deep is a great combo. But you don't remake Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Classics should be left alone. If you're going to remake a movie, remake the shitty ones.

MefMan36 06-11-2005 09:54 PM

The original was kind of dark in a way, like when theyre going thru the tunnel and shit

s_ivy 06-11-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dns
I know Burton/Deep is a great combo. But you don't remake Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Classics should be left alone. If you're going to remake a movie, remake the shitty ones.

|)

Shitao 06-12-2005 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dns

You're....RIGHT ;)

dns 06-12-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MefMan36
The original was kind of dark in a way, like when theyre going thru the tunnel and shit

Yeah that was kind of freaky, but it was all good, once they came out on the other side of the chocolate tunnel...Dam I wish that place was real.