Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Album reviews (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40587)

PANDA PISS 08-08-2007 05:16 PM

Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal

I been getting into Boot Camp Clik stuff recently, I have 8 affiliated records, and this was my most recent purchase.
I was expecting a classic like 'Dah Shinin' or 'Da Storm', and knowing the 'Leflaur' shit well and liking Sean Price, i thought the whole album would be dope, but it just feels a bit dull, production wise the beats kind of pissed me off, and theres a reason Rock isn't a solo emcee.

I just wondered what other people thought of this album, since i thought this was a no brainer but it turns out to not be that great.

-The A to the Z- 08-08-2007 05:34 PM

nah its a classic imo. aint no bad beats on the album.the concept of therapy and the way ruck and rock work together is crazy

-The A to the Z- 08-08-2007 05:38 PM

I retract this statement as bullshit.

Album still stands as classic.

mofo 08-09-2007 11:18 AM

It was short from being a classic.There were some songs that made the album from a classic to a great album.But other than that it is dope, worth coppin. This album is fuckin dope bumping in your car at full blast

This is how I would rate it:

Intro (Here We Come)-4/5
Letha Brainz Blo-5/5
Undastand-5/5 (My fav track on the album)
Who Dat-3.5/5
Sean Price-2/5
Clan's, Posse's, Crew's & Clik's-5/5 (Just Grimey)
Therapy-4.5/5
Place to Be-5/5
Soldiers Gone Psyco-5/5 (Good track to bump in your car)
The Square (Triple R)-3.5/5
Da Wiggy-3.5/5
Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka-5/5 (Classic track, period)
Prowl-4/5
Grate Unknown-4/5
Operation Lock Down-5/5

Overall, the album is mos def a 4, maybe a 4.5, but falls short from a classic. Rock n Ruck has to be the most underated duo in hip hop ever. They have great chemistry, can't wait till D.I.R.T drops. Peace.

CEITEDMOFO 08-09-2007 11:21 AM

Classic

CYENCE 08-09-2007 11:43 AM

Not on the level of Da Shinin or Enta Da Stage, but still a very dope album. Cosign dude that said Undastand was his fav song. That beat is intoxicating along wit the lyrics. For me everything about the 1st 2 tracks is "1995". I can throw those tracks on and see things, feel things, smell things like I'm right there in '95 all over again. LOL it's quite rehabilitating

Dragondude_R 08-11-2007 02:11 PM

My favorite album, no fucking doubt. My favorite out the original four, my favorite BCC release, and my favorite album ever.

No one else in the Clik could spit like Ruck and Rock. Buck and Starang in their albsolute prime could compare, but they still could not spit not Da Irrational or Da Monstah, Mr. Inflictsor or Mr. Flippsta, Sparsky & Dutch, *include a thousand other synonyms*.

And the beats were amazing. There wasn't even a lot of Beatminerz, but they still held it down, no question (especially Shaleek, Grate Unknown is amazing, one of those beats that gives little children heart attacks if you play it in the dark).

Favorite song was Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka, but I played it straight the fuck out, so I have to go with the Grate Unknown, followed by Clans, Posses, Crews, & Cliks + Da Wiggy (Evil Dee + Mr Walt=GOT DAMN).

PANDA PISS 08-12-2007 10:44 AM

I guess i'm the odd one out, but I usually have a good ear for Hip Hop, and i just felt the production was bit soulless and the raps dull.
But I'll give it a second chance since I like Boot Camp that much.

Kong 08-12-2007 12:28 PM

I downloaded it after seeing this thread and its not that good. A lot of the beats seem too soft and slow.

venex 08-12-2007 12:38 PM

a personal classic...

this is sean P (ruck) at his best !!!

the best of all BCC releases IMO

Dr Sleepwalker 08-12-2007 02:56 PM

CLASSIC

pea2e

bloodyhookz 08-14-2007 11:27 AM

CLASSIC, this is one of my fav albums of all time, true grimy shit!!

beautifulrock 08-14-2007 12:06 PM

Definately hip hop classic, love this shit

Razorsharp 08-17-2007 01:17 PM

Classic... shit is ILL... one of my fav. from BCC and in all hip hop

GENERAL WISE 08-17-2007 01:27 PM

Great, I've been listening to this album for a really long time, and it just gets boring after Clans, Posses, Crews and Clicks. The first half is classic though. Sean Price (the track name) is sick IM NOT SURREEE ANNYY MOOREEE
WHOO IISS KNOOCKING AT MY DOORR.