Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Official Wu-Tang Martial Arts Thread (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40759)

blackwisdom 08-13-2007 12:44 PM

The Official Wu-Tang Martial Arts Thread

Greetings All,

The question was posed to me in another thread so I chose to make an official inquiry to all.

Do you practice Martial Arts? If so, what style(s)?

I mean, this is Wu-Tang right? To get it jumped off here's a clip from my art, Wing Chun.

Urban_Journalz 08-13-2007 08:54 PM

I've taken Ninjitsu, Tae Kwon Do and Capoeria but right now, I'm hooked on Shaolin Kung-Fu.

Ultimate Fist 08-14-2007 01:12 AM

I used to do Moo Duk Kwan but where I live there's no martial arts. I still practice the philosophy of the different arts I've encountered though and I consider that the best part.

Os3y3ris 08-14-2007 01:14 AM

Brazilian jiujitsu is my current style. I also know TKD, thai, wrestling, boxing, american sub grappling, some bando, some sanuces ryu, some sambo.

SWAMP WATER 08-14-2007 01:37 PM

Ive taken Krav Maga,and Shaolin Kung FU. I never got the chance to become a black sash because the school closed down,which sucks.Now im currently looking for another school.Wing Chun is on my list as well as JEET KUN DO,and JAN FAN.Im looking soely based on selfdeffense,as far as getting in better shape thats a bouns.Anybody,including the thread starter got any style reconmendations let a nigga know.

IrOnMaN 08-14-2007 01:46 PM

I've been taking Hapkido for about a year. I love it! On 8/4/07, I took my test to become a high yellow belt and I passed.|) It was hard as hell but it was worth it. I can take on three men in a street fight, unless one of them has a gun.:{

famenchuan 08-14-2007 01:58 PM

Northern Shaolin Kung fu and to be more specific Lohan Chuan. Been traing for 6 years now. Along the way I've done a little bit of Krav Maga and Brazilian Jujitsu.

brown_dogg 08-14-2007 03:40 PM

I'm doing a bunch of different shit right now:
- Muay Thai
- Savate (french kickboxing)
- Jun Fan
- Kali (phillipino stick, sword, knife fighting)
- north american Boxing

If you wanna stay in good shape, I recommend muay thai and boxing. Very demanding cardio shit.

blackwisdom 08-14-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWAMP WATER (Post 874226)
Ive taken Krav Maga,and Shaolin Kung FU. I never got the chance to become a black sash because the school closed down,which sucks.Now im currently looking for another school.Wing Chun is on my list as well as JEET KUN DO,and JAN FAN.Im looking soely based on selfdeffense,as far as getting in better shape thats a bouns.Anybody,including the thread starter got any style reconmendations let a nigga know.

I recommend that you just take Wing Chun (and not Jeet Kune Do as an additional). Bruce became the fighter that he was due to it. Almost all of the basic principles come from Wing Chun. He just added other styles flavor to it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman
I've been taking Hapkido for about a year. I love it! On 8/4/07, I took my test to become a high yellow belt and I passed.|) It was hard as hell but it was worth it. I can take on three men in a street fight, unless one of them has a gun.:{

I learned techniques from the Marine Corps for that. My man'll end up with a broken arm. Mix my Wing Chun with that and he's dead.

I know several Brothers that know Capoeria. I would love to practice it. I have always been interested in Ninjitsu. When I'm ready I know that a teacher will appear.

I see we have some dangerous people here in Wu-Tang Corps. Thanks for sharing.

RAMESH 08-14-2007 06:33 PM

i practice i got a big crew kung fu, touch me & you going to get fucked up, i keep a knuckle buster in my back pocket & a battern in my car

blackwisdom 08-14-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAMESH (Post 874515)
i practice i got a big crew kung fu, touch me & you going to get fucked up, i keep a knuckle buster in my back pocket & a battern in my car

I always have weapons on me but I think I would even bother to try to use 'em now.

RAMESH 08-14-2007 07:01 PM

i don't like to hurt my hands, i don't like to get hurt at all, i got nothing to proove so when i do fight it's to seriously hurt my oponents as quick as possable so that they can't get up & would never want to come back, no mercy. i would kill them if i didn't have to go to jail jor it.

IrOnMaN 08-14-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwisdom (Post 874511)
I recommend that you just take Wing Chun (and not Jeet Kune Do as an additional). Bruce became the fighter that he was due to it. Almost all of the basic principles come from Wing Chun. He just added other styles flavor to it.
I learned techniques from the Marine Corps for that. My man'll end up with a broken arm. Mix my Wing Chun with that and he's dead.

I know several Brothers that know Capoeria. I would love to practice it. I have always been interested in Ninjitsu. When I'm ready I know that a teacher will appear.

I see we have some dangerous people here in Wu-Tang Corps. Thanks for sharing.

:mmmyah::mmmyah::mmmyah:....:dududu:

Do you have a Katana? I only have Nunchunks.;(

DRUNKENDRAGON 08-14-2007 10:11 PM

Ba Bu Tang Lang Chuan, Wu Tai Chi Chuan, and Jin Gong Tzu Li Gong Chi Kung

http://www.8step.com/

famenchuan 08-14-2007 10:41 PM

We should all come together and have a tournament.