Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anti-gay group protests at soldier's funeral. (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4664)

check two 08-05-2005 10:18 PM

Anti-gay group protests at soldier's funeral.

That's just plain ignorant and disrespectful. It's one thing to not agree with the gay way of life. It's another to protest at someone's funeral. If that soldier was a friend, or a relative of mine, and I was at that funeral, I would have beat those assholes down. And then this dickhead group had kids protesting with them, that don't even know any better. What are your thoughts on this?

Fri Aug 5, 7:58 PM ET
Members of the Rev. Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., are picketing military funerals, KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported Friday.

The group has made national headlines for traveling throughout the country to picket gay churches, gay weddings, and the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student who was murdered in Wyoming in 1998.

Friday, about 15 members of the group -- some of them children -- picketed the funeral of a St. Joseph soldier who was killed in Iraq. Mahoney reported that the group stood across the road from the Grace Evangelical Church during the funeral of 21-year-old Spc. Edward Myers.

"The first sin was being a part of this military. If this young man had a clue and any fear of God, he would have run, and not walked, from this military," said protester Shirley Phelps-Roper. "Who would serve a nation that is godless and has flipped off, defiantly defied, defiantly flipped off, the Lord their God?"

One protester had an American flag tied to his belt that draped to the ground. He was holding a sign that read, "Thank God For IEDs," which are explosive devices used by insurgents to blow up military convoys.

Protesters said America has ignored the word of God, and those who defend the nation must pay a price.

"That's the first piece of solid evidence that you have that the young man is currently in hell," Phelps-Roper said.

"The soldier is in hell now, you believe?" Mahoney asked.

"Absolutely," Phelps-Roper said.

'Protesters Were Rude'

About a dozen veterans stood across the road from the protesters, and Mahoney reported that there were some harsh words and insults traded between the two groups. However, sheriff deputies were stationed about 100 yards away and there was no violence.

"The protesters were so rude -- were disrespectful," said veteran Jim Fields.

"Do I like it? No, I don't. But what can you say, it's a free country," said veteran Dave Campbell.

Veterans told KMBC that a member of the soldier's family shouted at the protesters to leave, and they left about 20 minutes after the funeral started. Mahoney reported that there was applause from veterans and other crowd members when the protesters left.

After the funeral was over, one of the mourners commented on the irony of the protesters showing up at a soldier's funeral.

"They shouldn't protest the funeral for a man who was out there dying to protect the rights that they're demanding they receive," said Marvin Russell.

Russell said he thinks the soldier's family saw the protesters.

"I think it saddened them. They didn't say anything outright, but you could tell by the way they looked down that this was a sad thing to do. They're already in mourning, they don't need people like this to make it worse," Russell said.

Myers was buried with full military honors in Leavenworth National Cemetery. He leaves behind a wife and two children.

One of the protesters said the group is planning to picket other military funerals.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kmbc/20050805/lo_kmbc/2866367

Mixtape Mutt 08-05-2005 10:24 PM

Re: Anti-gay group protests at soldier's funeral.

Fuck them. I don't like faggots, but fuck those protestors. Show some fucking respect to the young men and women who serve this country's armed forces. I would've fucking got locked up if I were there. I swear on everything I love, I would've killed at least 10 of those fucking assholes.

Bedlam 08-05-2005 10:27 PM

Yea, i hate most fags, and their whole lifestyle, but this guy was a fucking soldier who died serving his country

They took it too far, prolly some serious rednecks

check two 08-05-2005 10:28 PM

Yeah, like I said, it's one thing to not agree with the gay lifestyle, but when you stand along roads with signs that say 'A fag dies, and God laughs' that's just plain ignorant and idiotic. They have kids holding these signs too.

Mixtape Mutt 08-05-2005 10:29 PM

I don't think the soldier who died was gay. They were just protesting the fact that he was serving this country's armed forces, because they say this country is fucking up by giving the fags too much rights.

check two 08-05-2005 10:33 PM

Well, they shouldn't be allowed to protest at a funeral.

Mixtape Mutt 08-05-2005 10:38 PM

Fuck that, they shouldn't be allowed to live after that bullshit.

thwak 08-06-2005 12:18 AM

man fuck those ass holes, I stopped reading when I heard they protested the funeral for matthew sheppard. that just made me want to kill about 10 of those fuckers.

thwak 08-06-2005 12:23 AM

ok I read even further, these mother fuckers just hate every fucking thing! seriouslly I would've gotten out a shot gun and just blown heads off! a mother fucker carrying the flag on the ground and protesting a guys funeral cause he was a soldier is fucking bullshit. the sign that said "thank god for IEDs" took it over the limit.

AK Spray 08-06-2005 01:05 AM

Sumbody should murder their chilren... lmao.

Mixtape Mutt 08-06-2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK Spray
Sumbody should murder their chilren... lmao.

Fuck, give me the day you want it done, and the time and I'll fucking do it. No charge.

Big Bad Man 08-06-2005 10:33 AM

Fuck the faggots. 1 less in the world. Wouldnt go disrespecting their families like that but I dont give a fuck really.

JASPER 08-06-2005 10:35 AM

Gays have gay genes and even gayer jeans. May all gays in the World get ravaged by well hung bears. Bear I tell you.

LHX 08-06-2005 10:36 AM

gay people no longer convince me

you can let another man shove a cock up your ass if you want

but i am still not convinced that there are men who prefer that to a woman

JASPER 08-06-2005 10:38 AM

I agree.. although I must confess getting touched in the prostate area is quite addictive.

Fucking gay junkies.