Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Is anyone here a Kanye fan? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467)

Dr Zayus 06-12-2005 07:47 AM

Is anyone here a Kanye fan?

From the first Kanye topic all I heard was hate for Kanye.. which is fucking insane by the way, Kanye produces heaps better then most producers in the game right now. If he keeps this up for a couple more years, he's going to be on Premier/Neptunes level (although never RZA/Dre level... unless he can bang out for another 10 years :P), but he's been producing bangers for days. That Freshmen Adjustment bootleg that dropped recently has some real heat, he brings back some of that old Q-Tip vibe from the ATCQ days. Seriously, listen to Gossip Files, Out of Your Mind or Doing Fine (from that album alone) and tell me he's not up there now.

Da Ryda 06-12-2005 07:51 AM

Re: Is anyone here a Kanye fan?

Dr. Zayus! I remember yo bitch ass, kid! Once I did a banner for ya with Kurupt, remember that shit? I know you don't remember jack... (Ghostface stylee)

Skellington 06-12-2005 07:55 AM

I like Kanye.....ehm...and...ehm yah, that's about it.....

Dr Zayus 06-12-2005 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Ryda
Dr. Zayus! I remember yo bitch ass, kid! Once I did a banner for ya with Kurupt, remember that shit? I know you don't remember jack... (Ghostface stylee)

Hey man, that shit was DOPE!! Still got it on your comp? I wouldn't mind rockin it again. :D

PolitiC 06-12-2005 08:29 AM

through the wire was pretty good....also down&out is fire

THE W 06-12-2005 08:46 AM

he makes good stuff...

Decka 06-12-2005 08:48 AM

his production on commons new album is real nice.

Prisma 06-12-2005 09:25 AM

As long as he's not rapping, he's ok. He brought a new style to the table, which got played out real quick. Bu he's an ok producer I guess. Nothing to special about him IMO, but he's got some nice stuff.

Hayabusa 06-12-2005 09:29 AM

I like his production but not his rapping.

ballistic 06-12-2005 12:01 PM

kanye is going through that period in his career where everything he touches turns to gold, similar to rza's '93-97 tenure. this man is just really on another level right now...and i dont know why everyone says they dont like his rapping? can someone please tell me why?? i think yall say that because you see others putting him on a pedestal, and so you feel the need to mention that he is overrated in some aspects. no, he is not a common, mos def, nas or talib kweli. but he's not bad at all, and better than most of these guys we see all over the television these days. his flow his fine, his lyrics are conscious and at times very clever...what more do you want from a popular artist in the hip hop industry?

THE W 06-12-2005 12:19 PM

i've never really heard him spit

tical2000 06-12-2005 12:37 PM

I like KANYE WEST.....his production is dope, his lyrics are aight.........

.....I think alot of internet nerds just hate anything that is on MTV, to be honest I think he is original and one of the better manstream artists out there.........he also shows madlove to UNDERGROUND artists like COMMON, SLUM VILLAGE, DILLATED, etc

Microphone Fiend 06-12-2005 01:13 PM

I like some of his production

Definitive X 06-12-2005 01:27 PM

He found a new way to flip samples (though RZA's the originator of that shit), which is cool...sometimes the drums get on my nerves, though, but now he's recreating shit using Miri Ben-Ari (Ghostface is on her album)...

The Last Clansman 06-12-2005 01:35 PM

he's nice.. but he's think he the shit..