Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Notorious BIG Biopic Have Found Their Biggie. (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52123)

TAURO 03-07-2008 02:57 AM

Notorious BIG Biopic Have Found Their Biggie.

Notorious, the long-planned biopic of slain hip-hop megastar Notorious B.I.G. has found its star. The Fox Searchlight movie project will now move forward with a 2009 big-screen debut set.

The film, which tells the life story of the late rap icon whose real name was Christopher Wallace, will start shooting on March 24 with a January 16, 2009 release planned.

The production has been looking for the right actor to portray B.I.G. for a year now. Their worldwide search recently came to an end with unknown Jamal Woolard, a Brooklyn native, landing the role. Woolard will star alongside actress Angela Bassett, who plays Voletta Wallace, B.I.G.'s mother.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...1204835868.jpg

- Fox Searchlight

Actor Jamal Woolard will play B.I.G.

Derek Luke will play Sean Combs in the movie -- the real-life Diddy is one of the producers. Anthony Mackie is set to portray Tupac Shakur. Notorious also stars up and coming actors Antonique Smith, Naturi Naughton, Dennis White and Julia Pace Mitchell.

Director George Tillman Jr. will shoot the movie in and around the five boroughs of New York.

Voletta Wallace, who is producing the movie, released this statement: "Finding B.I.G. was a task in itself and I'm honored that so many young men came out to audition for the role. However, it was Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile that won my heart. He is a talented and charismatic actor and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to the big screen."

The Notorious B.I.G. rose from the streets of Brooklyn to become one of the most influential hip hop artists of all time. B.I.G. was a gifted storyteller; his narratives about violent life on the streets were told with a gritty, objective realism that won him enormous respect and credibility. B.I.G. became heavily involved in the East Coast-West Coast rap rivalry. On March 9, 1997, he was killed by an unknown assailant in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles.

crust 03-07-2008 03:12 AM

i seriously cant wait to see how this shit will turn out. i hope they dont fuck it up. sounds like its going to be dope. the dude playing BIGGIE better bring his best shit to the table. its gunna be a tuff role to take on....

good lookin TAURO.

LuckyTheWonderDog 03-07-2008 04:08 AM

I'm interested to see how this works. Problem with portraying Biggie is that he had such a natural energy and charisma, that it's gonna be hard to come off the same.

Mackie is pretty good casting as Tupac though.

Afficial_Nastee 03-07-2008 05:15 AM

Damn, he looks just like Biggie.
I'm really lookin' forward to this movie.

Edgar Erebus 03-07-2008 05:28 AM

I only wanna hear any similarity between his and Biggies voice.

RADIOACTIVE MAN 03-07-2008 12:25 PM

i dont know about this considering the man has no experience in acting...ill just wait and see

The Hound 03-07-2008 12:33 PM

of all the established actors in the world i reckon only will smith could pull off playing biggie ... too bad will smith would need to put on a shit load of weight

crust 03-07-2008 12:58 PM

FUCK will smith!!!

why would you want a white dude with black skin to play the best new york hip hop artist of all time? haha. nah!!! sorry dude i can stand will smith.

TAURO 03-07-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter (Post 1081479)
i dont know about this considering the man has no experience in acting...ill just wait and see

Who says he has no acting experience?

RADIOACTIVE MAN 03-07-2008 01:29 PM

thats gravy the rapper,aint it?

TAURO 03-07-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter (Post 1081591)
thats gravy the rapper,aint it?

Quote:

Actor Jamal Woolard will play B.I.G.
This is what it says.

RADIOACTIVE MAN 03-07-2008 01:55 PM

http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=2359

Brooklyn rapper Gravy aka Jamal Woolard, has landed the role of the Notorious B.I.G in the upcoming Fox Searchlight movie "Notorious."

Gravy is best know for his work in the New York mixtape circuit. He also gained notoriety when he was shot in the buttocks before a Hot 97 interview, then continuing to go through with the interview. The one time Warner Bros. Records artist beat out hundreds of others for the part.

The movie is being directed by George Tillman Jr. (Soul Food), and will being shooting this month and is slated for a January release.

Derek Luke has been cast as Sean "Puffy" Combs, Anthony Mackie will play Tupac Shakur, while Angela Bassett will take on the role of Biggie's mother, Voletta Wallace.

Voletta Wallace spoke on the casting of Gravy, citing:

"Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile," as reasons why he was casted. "He is a talented and charismatic actor, and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to life." she said.

P.

CharlesJones 03-07-2008 04:09 PM

I like Derek Luke, Anthony Mackie, Angela Bassett so i'll be checking out this movie. That dude that's gonna play Biggie kinda looks like him.

Bg_Knocc_Out 03-07-2008 04:25 PM

It woulda been great if they used Guerilla Black, but he's not exactly an actor.

TAURO 03-07-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter (Post 1081618)
http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=2359

Brooklyn rapper Gravy aka Jamal Woolard, has landed the role of the Notorious B.I.G in the upcoming Fox Searchlight movie "Notorious."

Gravy is best know for his work in the New York mixtape circuit. He also gained notoriety when he was shot in the buttocks before a Hot 97 interview, then continuing to go through with the interview. The one time Warner Bros. Records artist beat out hundreds of others for the part.

The movie is being directed by George Tillman Jr. (Soul Food), and will being shooting this month and is slated for a January release.

Derek Luke has been cast as Sean "Puffy" Combs, Anthony Mackie will play Tupac Shakur, while Angela Bassett will take on the role of Biggie's mother, Voletta Wallace.

Voletta Wallace spoke on the casting of Gravy, citing:

"Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile," as reasons why he was casted. "He is a talented and charismatic actor, and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to life." she said.

P.

If you knew why did you ask?.....

I've never heard of him but I suppose he does have the look down and I just hope the flick makes good.