Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lead In Prince Of Persia Cast (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56536)

TAURO 05-20-2008 09:15 PM

Lead In Prince Of Persia Cast

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...rterton341.jpg Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton (Getty Images photos)

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton will star in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' adaptation of Ubisoft's popular video game. Mike Newell is directing.

In the fantasy adventure, Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in sixth century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Doug Miro & Carlo Bernard, Jordan Mechner and Boaz Yakin wrote the script, which is based on the many games created by Jordan Mechner.

Bruckheimer is producing, while Mike Stenson, Chad Oman and Patrick McCormick are exec producing.

Production is set to start in July.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS 05-21-2008 04:17 PM

well this movie might be screwed you know how hollywood does when they adapt things its either really good (like Iron Man & Batman Begins) or really horrible (like bloodrayne, mortal kombat,street fighter,etc.)

TAURO 05-21-2008 08:13 PM

What I want to know is why hollywood thinks it's still ok to cast white people in ethnic roles.....that may have been the way in the sixties and what not but that shit just don't play right with me.

VZA 05-21-2008 08:15 PM

Gonna be a piss poor film.

JAKE FUCKING GYLLENHAAL?!

TAURO 05-21-2008 08:22 PM

But he's not a shit actor, far from it in fact, I just think he's wrong for the part.

Orion Nebulus 05-21-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN (Post 1179934)
What I want to know is why hollywood thinks it's still ok to cast white people in ethnic roles.....that may have been the way in the sixties and what not but that shit just don't play right with me.

Thats what I'm saying man. A lot of movies are like that. Hollywood just doesn't know how to cast characters.

VZA 05-21-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN (Post 1179950)
But he's not a shit actor, far from it in fact, I just think he's wrong for the part.

Yeah that's what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's well past having to prove his ability. Donnie Darko, Jarhead, Zodiac, he's a perfectly capable lead actor, but he certainly shouldn't be in prince of persia.

HANZO 05-21-2008 08:42 PM

They will probably Persianise Jake for the role. Brown him up abit.

Dirty Knowledge 05-22-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Right.

Looks more like the Prince of Wales.

Storm 05-22-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

That's what I'm thinking.

King Tron 1 05-22-2008 05:34 PM

shouldn't they have casted a persian, or at least someone that looks persian, say like a cuban or something?

oDoUoSoKo 05-22-2008 08:52 PM

haha Prince of Wales...then Zeta Jones should play the chick..eloels.

Wu-Tality 05-26-2008 05:57 AM

They should atleast have gotten that Indian Bollywood chick! Anyway, the story in Prince of Persia isn't really that awesome to make a movie about it. I will be surprised if it will work out.

Eternal360z 05-26-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Like there are no Persian actors... Shit makes me sick...on a side note, Persian broads are banging!!!!

TAURO 05-26-2008 10:10 AM

I actually have a friend who is persian and a proffesional actor, he would have been perfect for the role too, lets just say the news pissed him off.