Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Sports Zone (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Madden NFL 2006 (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5706)

wu gambino 08-19-2005 08:19 PM

Madden NFL 2006

I hope this doesnt get moved to general cuz it will be pushed to page 2 in minutes to make room for more of them free post threads.

Anyway, tell us your franchise or superstar story. ANd you thoughts on the new game.

Im doing the new superstar mode. My player is a QB. He was drafted in Round 2 by the Redskins :frusty: and not the Jets. I went thru one season already with a record of 10-6. Lost in the divisional playoffs. I did win Rookie of the year tho! Im not really feelin this new mode. Im thinkin of finishing up my second year and going back to the good ol franchise mode. When you audition for a movie, its really lame. All you do is they show you three pages of the script, or 4 pages, and you have to remember the lines. And you only have 4-5 options with your agent. Complain for more play time, complain about coaches, guerentee a win/playoffs, announce retirement.

The new precision passing is dope. I love being able to lead the receiver in a pass. Ive read about peeps complaining over the difficulty in passing and its just bs. If you know what your doing, you wont get sacked, and if you know what your doing, the precision passing can work greatly in your favor.And the truck stick is nice too. Being able to plow thrru the D with your RB.

RynMur 08-21-2005 03:28 AM

Re: Madden NFL 2006

Damn kid you must be playing on rookie if you like the new precision passing. It's a good idea but if you get a shitty quarterback, their shaded light sucks. I like these games to be real as can be and i just don't see throwing like that is fair for all players. Manning, Favre, Brady and Culpepper can easily throw for 400 yards in that game, but other guys will only throw for maybe 200 with at least 3 interceptions. Maybe I just need to get use to it.

I'm not playing superstar mode yet, but I messed around with it for a while. It looks pretty cool even though they stole the idea from ESPN football from last year. I started franchise mode, I made my own team, the Las Vegas Killa Bees. Overall though it's still a good game.

wu gambino 08-21-2005 05:27 PM

Im not on rookie kid. Maybe you just suck at the game. Get use to it and like I said, it will be to your advantage. I like being able to throw where Im directing it, and not just press a button and have the computer decide how far ahead or behind to put it to the receiver. And I dont know how many minutes of a game you play, but I never get even 400 TOTAL yards. The beauty is if you dont like the precision passing, you can turn it off.

36chambers 08-21-2005 07:17 PM

Dont worry Gambino, all the Sports games will stay in here. I wouldn't want to sacrifice them to the hole we call General chat

Hollow Dartz 08-21-2005 09:18 PM

im in the supersatar mode. got drafted 3 round to the panthers, im a wide reciever, we went 12-4 , won the superbowl, i got mvp, rookie of the year and other awards, i play on all madden. if any of u would like 2 play online hit me up

Treazon 08-22-2005 12:05 AM

my buddy got it and we played a few games the other day, i like it but until you get really used to the buttons its very frustrating..like hitting R1 instead of R2 to bring the QB cone to the reciever, then throwing a pick..etc.

football games have always sucked and always will, i just gotta accept that they'll never really be football, its impossible

fun tho, after you stop caring

RynMur 08-22-2005 12:44 AM

Yea another thing about precision passing is that you can't change your receivers route because of it, but you can always switch to the 2005 controller. Hey Wu Gambino do you have internet play? or anyone else?

100pr00f 08-22-2005 06:52 AM

its a ok game...i stoped playing it the 3rd day i got it...lol..i dont play games to much

Roman Deini 08-22-2005 11:38 AM

ncaa 06 > madden 06

wu gambino 08-22-2005 12:31 PM

^^ I agree with that. Madden has taken it every year till this year with flyin colors. But yea, NCAA 2006 is the best football game this year. Yo Deini, have you played it? Cuz I remember last year you said you couldnt get the game over there.

And no RynMur04 I dont play online.

num2son 08-22-2005 12:38 PM

Does anyone still play nfl 2k5?

Roman Deini 08-22-2005 12:52 PM

esco be sending me ncaa 06 next week haha. and madden gets released 16 september here. but from what i seen (vids and all) ncaa 06 gets my vote. but i can get ncaa tho, import.

num2son 08-22-2005 01:00 PM

I heard the best superstar to create is a QB or a WR, sometimes a RB and a TE.

RynMur 08-22-2005 01:11 PM

no love for lineman?

wu gambino 08-22-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Deini
esco be sending me ncaa 06 next week haha. and madden gets released 16 september here. but from what i seen (vids and all) ncaa 06 gets my vote. but i can get ncaa tho, import.

You talk to Esco still? Did you ever get the 100 bucks from him. Is he on the Corp, im never on. Tell him I said peace or sumthin.

And I think what Num2Son means is that those positions will get more popularity and movie roles ect. for the Superstar mode. Those positions are mainly the most popular in football, u cant deny that.