Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   the happening's a joke (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57950)

brown_dogg 06-16-2008 12:44 AM

the happening's a joke

There's no way you can take that movie seriously.

First off, the premise: the people are getting killed by trees. I think M. Night makes some dope movies (I'm one of the few that liked The Village), but this movie's a joke, and I think it was done on purpose.

The script was wack!! At first I thought it was just a few lines, but it kept coming. And the acting was just as wack. Marky Mark's a good actor, but his shit looked forced in this movie, and fake.

I think M Night wanted it to be like on that purpose. Like a b-horror movie or somethin, cheesy lines and cheap thrills.

When you think about it, i think it was cheesy like that on purpose. It had some seriously funny moments too, like his pharmacy story and when he's talking to the plastic plant.

Shit was a joke, on purpose. I don't think M Night lost, i think the critics did for not catching that.

And who else sees the old woman as an allegory for the earth...
"Don't touch what's not yours"
"You're trying to steal from me. You're trying to kill me in my sleep."
dope.

CuzinBilly 06-16-2008 01:34 AM

i feel what ur sayin. i though it was a comedy at parts. i enjoyed it for the most part......did anyone else see the mic at the top of the screen i seen that shyt in at least 15 different scenes i though it was done porpusely.

STYLE 06-16-2008 03:04 AM

this was another classic from m.night. just watched it online.

those who thought it was dumb might not get the subtleties of his plot devices.

the same can be said of lady in the water, another great film.

some folks need everything spelled out and wrapped up in neat lil packages.

11th Chamber 06-16-2008 08:13 AM

my sister who lives out in LA told me that people were booing after it was over.

Still havent seen for myself yet tho

Guarded By Martyrs 06-16-2008 08:31 AM

Damn^
Thats pretty deep.

Guarded By Martyrs 06-16-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYLE (Post 1208335)

those who thought it was dumb might not get the subtleties of his plot devices.

the same can be said of lady in the water, another great film.

"Lady In The Water" is one of my all time favourite films.

Orion Nebulus 06-16-2008 08:48 AM

I have to see this flick before I can make a judgement. But I have to say that M. Knight's movies has fallen off lately. Unbreakable is still my fav flick by him.

whitey 06-16-2008 10:04 AM

i saw it last night. i thought it was good. although the end scene was so very necessary or else i would have thought it was not even close to being as good.

TheCat 06-17-2008 01:39 AM

i am really scared to watch this movie after LADY in the Water am really put off by M night.

i do admire that he is very creative and original, but at times i feel like he has a BIG EGO and thinks he can not be touched, someone needs to work with him on his scripts and shout What The Fuck???

whitey 06-17-2008 01:58 PM

I haven't watch Lady in the Water, but I think I might. People either say that movie is absolute garbage, or it's one of their favorites.

LORD ZERO 06-17-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYLE (Post 1208335)

LINK?

whitey 06-18-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brown_dogg (Post 1208275)
There's no way you can take that movie seriously.

First off, the premise: the people are getting killed by trees. I think M. Night makes some dope movies (I'm one of the few that liked The Village), but this movie's a joke, and I think it was done on purpose.

The script was wack!! At first I thought it was just a few lines, but it kept coming. And the acting was just as wack. Marky Mark's a good actor, but his shit looked forced in this movie, and fake.

I think M Night wanted it to be like on that purpose. Like a b-horror movie or somethin, cheesy lines and cheap thrills.

When you think about it, i think it was cheesy like that on purpose. It had some seriously funny moments too, like his pharmacy story and when he's talking to the plastic plant.

Shit was a joke, on purpose. I don't think M Night lost, i think the critics did for not catching that.

And who else sees the old woman as an allegory for the earth...
"Don't touch what's not yours"
"You're trying to steal from me. You're trying to kill me in my sleep."
dope.

very perceptive my son... http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movi...lan/index.html

M. Night says its the best B movie ever made.