Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Sports Zone (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Pride FC vs. UFC (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5903)

cutthroat 08-22-2005 08:41 PM

Pride FC vs. UFC

I was thinking about this because UFC had a major event last weekend where in one bout Chuck Liddell retained his light heavyweight belt. Now, this weekend Pride FC will have a major event. But, my question is:

Who has the better fighters?

Personally, I think Pride has the better fighters. Especially, after I saw Chuck Liddell (UFC fighter and current champion in his weight class) get beat up by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pride fighter not even in the best in his weight class). Pride's middleweight champ, Vandeleigh Silva, is a beast too, and looks almost unbeatable.

I don't know, what do you all think?

cutthroat 08-23-2005 05:12 PM

Re: Pride FC vs. UFC

My bad, I butchered that name above. It is actually Wanderlei Silva.

Ronin 08-24-2005 02:14 PM

pride seems the best from what ive seen, ring>cage and the pride fighters in the maint divisions seem better

chucks got better since then, hed probly take rampage now

Big Bad Man 08-24-2005 06:26 PM

Pride is easily the bigger stage. Ask any fighter apart fae Couture and Ortiz who wont fight unless its in a cage and they tell you same (they got wasted in rings). The best UFC champs in the history of the sport, Coleman, Kerr, Royce, Shamrock, etc etc etc; all had bad beatdowns in pride. The money in Japan is crazy. Wandy making bout a mil a fight so I hear. A whole UFC show dont pay that out.

There is no question. Its like comparing a Mustang (UFC) to a Ferrari (Pride).

Plus in Pride you allowed to stomp on heads, and knee a downed opponent in the face making for a better fight, less rules, less rules the better coz it takes the sport of no holds barred fightin back to the essence of vale tudo (anything goes) as much as humanly possible.

Japan is a country built on traditions, martial arts being 1 of them. The Japanese love the sport of vale tudo more than americans love the NFL n shit so you become a God when you fight in front of them. Its an honour, UFC is just a wicked accomplishment.

But still, UFC brought vale tudo to the mainstream so credit must be given there too. Although Rorion did sell up when their point had been made, and they focused on expanding the familys reputation through Rickson in Japan.

Peace.

urbanlegendmf 08-24-2005 06:52 PM

Rampage Jacksons The Man, In His Interview He Says " I Just Like To Slam Niggaz"

Big Bad Man 08-24-2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbanlegendmf
Rampage Jacksons The Man, In His Interview He Says " I Just Like To Slam Niggaz"

Rampage is a funny mofo. Badly needs some coachin though in the basics. Then he should take his ass to the UFC and dominate!

100pr00f 08-26-2005 01:22 PM

u ever been to a real ufc or pride match......bbm...ill take u to a ravens game and u take me to a pride match ok

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI 08-26-2005 02:52 PM

hey I seen this show called inked and they had these guys fighting in a cage super heavy weight match Big E and against the Champion i was wondering what venue it was...PRide, UFC...""""

C Beretta 08-26-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthroat
I was thinking about this because UFC had a major event last weekend where in one bout Chuck Liddell retained his light heavyweight belt. Now, this weekend Pride FC will have a major event. But, my question is:

Who has the better fighters?

Personally, I think Pride has the better fighters. Especially, after I saw Chuck Liddell (UFC fighter and current champion in his weight class) get beat up by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pride fighter not even in the best in his weight class). Pride's middleweight champ, Vandeleigh Silva, is a beast too, and looks almost unbeatable.

I don't know, what do you all think?

Doesn't Chuck Liddell have a fight with Jeremy Horn this weekend?

aruca 08-26-2005 06:05 PM

chuck fought jeremy horn last saturday and won because he hit jeremy horn so hard he started seeing double after the first round. i think it was round 3 when jeremy had the fight stopped. chuck is a really nice guy. i train at a royce gracie school and just about ever fighter i've had a chance to meet has been really cool and down to earth. i'd like to see a chuck vs. silva match some time. my money would be on silva.

Big Bad Man 08-27-2005 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100pr00f
u ever been to a real ufc or pride match......bbm...ill take u to a ravens game and u take me to a pride match ok

I wish man. Pride tickets cost a few hundred and it costs an arm n leg to get there fae my part. When I eventually get to Thailand im going though. UFC, it would take a really good fightcard for me to go there, coz I get the shit over here live for nuttin :)

Roman Deini 08-27-2005 12:11 PM

didnt chuck said he wanted to fight silva after he beat couture and won the title in the ufc? thats gonna be an interesting bout tho, money is on silva. and ortiz a pussy tho, how long was he ducking for chuck? a long time.

Big Bad Man 08-27-2005 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Deini
didnt chuck said he wanted to fight silva after he beat couture and won the title in the ufc? thats gonna be an interesting bout tho, money is on silva. and ortiz a pussy tho, how long was he ducking for chuck? a long time.

Chuck will only get a chance at Silva if he can beat Rampage in a rematch. Rampage had him cryin like a female, so until he makes up for that he aint good enough to fight Silva. Silva would crush him man.

Fragmented 08-27-2005 06:16 PM

lol i[m downloading the liddell vs rampage fight now any good prides to get ?

Big Bad Man 08-28-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragmented
lol i[m downloading the liddell vs rampage fight now any good prides to get ?

Pride 10 - Return of the Warriors

Renzo Gracie vs Kazushi Sakuraba
Ken Shamrock vs Kazuyuki Fujita
Mark Kerr vs Borisov Igor
Igor Vovchanchin vs Enson Inoue
Ricco Rodriguez vs "Giant" Ochai
Gilbert Yvel vs Gary Goodridge
Vitor Belfort vs Daijiro Matsui
Ryan Gracie vs Tokimitsu Ishizawa
Guy Mezger vs Wanderlei Silva

and Pride 17 - Championship Chaos

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Wanderlei Silva
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Heath Herring
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Yuki Ishikawa
Mario Sperry vs Igor Vovchanchyn
Renzo Gracie vs Michiyoshi Ohara
Semmy Schilt vs Masaaki Satake
Dan Henderson vs Murilo "Ninja" Rua
Tom Erikson vs Matt Skelton (aye - the boxer haha)

They my 2 favourites. Have all the prides up to 26 basically. Some bought and some copied courtesy of meta4 who posted here back in the days :)