Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Official Riddle Thread (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59569)

Ritter 07-16-2008 08:58 PM

The Official Riddle Thread
 
A thread made for Brain-Tanglers and riddles. Post any riddle or brain teasers you find interesting, or have a problem solving. Let's start...


1) What is yours but is used by everyone else ?

2) What is bought just to be thrown away ?

3) Here's a challenge:

There are 2 guardians at the crossroad of life... and 2 doors. One leads to death, and one leads to life... One guardian is always lying, and the other is always telling the truth.

What single question to ask so we get the correct answer which door leads to life, whoever we ask? You can ask that question only once. To one guardian only, of course.


Add on people.

Mic Tyson 07-16-2008 10:47 PM

i remember riddle number 3 off yu gi oh but i forgot lol

Ritter 07-17-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mic Tyson (Post 1240518)
i remember riddle number 3 off yu gi oh but i forgot lol

Hahaha.

I remember it from some test.

C'mon people, think.

Trismegistos 07-17-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizzah (Post 1240449)
A thread made for Brain-Tanglers and riddles. Post any riddle or brain teasers you find interesting, or have a problem solving. Let's start...


1) What is yours but is used by everyone else ?

2) What is bought just to be thrown away ?

3) Here's a challenge:

There are 2 guardians at the crossroad of life... and 2 doors. One leads to death, and one leads to life... One guardian is always lying, and the other is always telling the truth.

What single question to ask so we get the correct answer which door leads to life, whoever we ask? You can ask that question only once. To one guardian only, of course.


Add on people.

1) Your name

2) Rubbish bags

3) An excellent riddle from an excellent movie. If you ask one door what the other door would say, never mind which one's truthful or lying, you will automatically get the lie as the answer by default.


Ritter 07-17-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trismegistos (Post 1240782)
1) Your name -

2) Rubbish bags

3) An excellent riddle from an excellent movie. If you ask one door what the other door would say, never mind which one's truthful or lying, you will automatically get the lie as the answer by default.


1) I'm not sure, you'll have to check with whers, he gave me that one.

2) Think again. I thought Rubbish bags myself as soon as I saw it.

3) And yes, that's the answer. Brilliant stuff. Props.

Crackhead Bob 07-17-2008 08:20 AM

#2 unused cellphone minutes

Ritter 07-17-2008 08:24 AM

The Einstein Test


Einstein give us a puzzle like this, for he stressed examining assumptions, and once wrote: "The important thing is to not stop questioning."

The Facts:

1) There are 5 houses in 5 different colours

2) In each house lives a person with a different nationality..

3) These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.

4) No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.


The Hints:

1) The Brit lives in a red house.

2) The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3) The Dane drinks tea.

4) The green house is on the left of the white house.

5) The green house owner drinks coffee.

6) The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7) The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8) The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.

9) The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10) The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11) The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12) The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13) The German smokes Prince.

14) The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15) The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.


The Question:

Who keeps the fish?



2% of the world's population can do this correctly under 15 minutes, with a help of a pen and a paper.

Crackhead Bob 07-17-2008 08:45 AM

the german

Ritter 07-17-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifulrock (Post 1240824)
the german

That's quick. It took me about 20 minutes to solve it.

Or you googled the solution?

Crackhead Bob 07-17-2008 09:23 AM

no took me 6 minutes with pad and pencil, heres my cheat sheet

1
Norway
Yellow
water
dunhill
cats

2
Dane
blue
tea
blend
horses

3
brit
red
milk
pallmall
birds

4
german
green
coffee
prince

5
swede
white
beer
bluemaster
dogs


I do logic puzzles, sudoku all the time, plus I'm a top internet poker player, I'm all about this shit.

Ritter 07-17-2008 09:35 AM

Amazing! ^

This seems like a perfect thread for you, eh? More will come soon

Ritter 07-17-2008 09:44 AM

http://www.deathball.net/notpron/

You'll love this. A browser riddle series. 80+ puzzles to solve. Each harder than the one before.

Ritter 07-17-2008 09:48 AM

What's brown and sounds like a bell?

Ghost In The 'Lac 07-17-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizzah (Post 1240814)
The Einstein Test


Einstein give us a puzzle like this, for he stressed examining assumptions, and once wrote: "The important thing is to not stop questioning."

The Facts:

1) There are 5 houses in 5 different colours

2) In each house lives a person with a different nationality..

3) These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.

4) No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.


The Hints:

1) The Brit lives in a red house.

2) The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3) The Dane drinks tea.

4) The green house is on the left of the white house.

5) The green house owner drinks coffee.

6) The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7) The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8) The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.

9) The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10) The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11) The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12) The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13) The German smokes Prince.

14) The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15) The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.


The Question:

Who keeps the fish?



2% of the world's population can do this correctly under 15 minutes, with a help of a pen and a paper.


The Norweigian keeps the fish because keeping fish is gay.

Ritter 07-17-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED (Post 1240897)
The Norweigian keeps the fish because keeping fish is gay.

OK, get outta here. This is Know The Ledge.

Go back to Gen Chat for Norwegian humor.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one