The Official Riddle Thread
A thread made for Brain-Tanglers and riddles. Post any riddle or brain teasers you find interesting, or have a problem solving. Let's start...
1) What is yours but is used by everyone else ?
2) What is bought just to be thrown away ?
3) Here's a challenge:
There are 2 guardians at the crossroad of life... and 2 doors. One leads to death, and one leads to life... One guardian is always lying, and the other is always telling the truth.
What single question to ask so we get the correct answer which door leads to life, whoever we ask? You can ask that question only once. To one guardian only, of course.
Add on people.
i remember riddle number 3 off yu gi oh but i forgot lol
I remember it from some test.
C'mon people, think.
2) Rubbish bags
3) An excellent riddle from an excellent movie. If you ask one door what the other door would say, never mind which one's truthful or lying, you will automatically get the lie as the answer by default.
2) Think again. I thought Rubbish bags myself as soon as I saw it.
3) And yes, that's the answer. Brilliant stuff. Props.
#2 unused cellphone minutes
The Einstein Test
Einstein give us a puzzle like this, for he stressed examining assumptions, and once wrote: "The important thing is to not stop questioning."
1) There are 5 houses in 5 different colours
2) In each house lives a person with a different nationality..
3) These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
4) No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.
1) The Brit lives in a red house.
2) The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3) The Dane drinks tea.
4) The green house is on the left of the white house.
5) The green house owner drinks coffee.
6) The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7) The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8) The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.
9) The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10) The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11) The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12) The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13) The German smokes Prince.
14) The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15) The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
Who keeps the fish?
2% of the world's population can do this correctly under 15 minutes, with a help of a pen and a paper.
Or you googled the solution?
no took me 6 minutes with pad and pencil, heres my cheat sheet
I do logic puzzles, sudoku all the time, plus I'm a top internet poker player, I'm all about this shit.
This seems like a perfect thread for you, eh? More will come soon
You'll love this. A browser riddle series. 80+ puzzles to solve. Each harder than the one before.
What's brown and sounds like a bell?
The Norweigian keeps the fish because keeping fish is gay.
Go back to Gen Chat for Norwegian humor.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2015 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one