Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Digital Underground (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Disappointed with the endings of some video games? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60814)

netscape check two 08-04-2008 04:46 PM

Disappointed with the endings of some video games?

Are there any games that you enjoyed playing, but when you got to the ending, you were like, that's it?

After I win a championship in sports games such as basketball, and football, the endings usually seem pretty lame to me. I won the NBA championship on NBA 2K8 for the PS3 a little while back. I enjoyed the game overall, and thought it was pretty solid. But when I won the championship, it was a quick flash of my coach standing by the trophy and that was it. You would think that they could have given a lot more celebration than that? It seems that the basketball games in earlier systems I beat had even more of a celebration than this pathetic one for the PS3.

P-Noid Brown 08-04-2008 04:56 PM

hahahahaha what the fuck did you want a party in your living room!?

Ritter 08-05-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Noid Brown (Post 1266420)
hahahahaha what the fuck did you want a party in your living room!?

Hahaha.

Yea, that's a dumb statement. Why would you want a "big" celebration. It's like, you're lucky they even spent a couple of days for doing the coding and the programming for the celebration scene. Hell, you're lucky people ever invented the computer... think about that.

Fuck a celebration.

netscape check two 08-05-2008 02:50 AM

It's not a dumb statement, ya cheeseball. If you would have read what I said, the 'celebration' scene was about one second, which was the shortest sports game post championship scene I've seen before. And also the thread isn't just about sports game endings.

Ritter 08-05-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by check two (Post 1267130)
It's not a dumb statement, ya cheeseball. If you would have read what I said, the 'celebration' scene was about one second, which was the shortest sports game post championship scene I've seen before. And also the thread isn't just about sports game endings.

That's hairpulling. The ending of the game. I know it's not unimportant, but yo, why would you want an epic ending on any game.

I think of it as a bonus.

Reiko 08-05-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizzah (Post 1267133)
I think of it as a bonus.

than you're wrong 'coz it's an improtant part of game

Visionz 08-05-2008 06:25 AM

................of ANY game^???? I would've been pissed if Final Fantasy VII had a shit ending...............it didn't, but it could have. I guess the worth of the ending should be directly proportional to the amount of storyline involved in the game itself

DR. NICK RIVIERA 08-05-2008 08:25 AM

I hate how some of my favourite games almost don't have an ending [example: Broken Sword]

Shit happens.

Ritter 08-05-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prim0 (Post 1267239)
than you're wrong 'coz it's an improtant part of game

If you're thinking of the ending of the game, like a mission, or a quest or a final something something, something that leads to the sequel, like a cinematic or something, I wasn't referring to that.

I was referring to, like check2 said "Celebrations", maybe endgame cut-scenes... like that.

Reiko 08-05-2008 09:03 AM

Ops my bad.

RagnaroK 08-05-2008 09:10 AM

with sports game that understandable but there is a lot of games that either have a short ending or no ending at all and that piss me the fuck off i play games for 2 reason 1 for the entertainment of playing it 2 for the story and ending if i play a game i want to see how things end after all the bullshit one goes though can you believe some games after the final boss jumps to the credits goddamit i play no game to see the credits some games have endings but are too short a kiss a hug and a goodbye and thats it

there are few games that have great endings like MGS and FF series

Reiko 08-05-2008 09:15 AM

And KOTOR ;)

Ritter 08-05-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prim0 (Post 1267433)
And KOTOR ;)

2nd best game ever, hands down.

Jet Set 08-11-2008 09:15 AM

Shenmue
So you play through 3 GD ROM discs and then end up getting on a boat and waiting for a sequel. Just when things was getting started. In de mean time SEGA cancels their Dreamcast production but your sequel is still announced. For this one Blue Moon in the history of gaming Europe gets lucky and gets a localization of the sequel while the US gets teabagged by Microsoft & SEGA. The game gets much more epic and action packed. Close to the end you feel something unravelling. It all goes a bit rushed on the last ,& 4th disc, and then.....you get a major opening, FREEZE FRAME, THE END, TO BE CONTINUED.
Ouch.

Halo 2
One night of gaming and I finished it. The ending sucked balls. Was this what I was waiting for? Damn.

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)
The game itself is unique in its way of storytelling. Feeling like the new age of old school games like Grim Fandango. The story goes great but at the end you feel it's all a bit too rushed. Too bad because everything was going great untill closing. The game maker himself acknowledged this. He is now working on Heavy Rain.\

On another note. Sometimes an ending can be crappy but it still gives you something new to be unlocked, thus it is forgiven. For me.
Sport games in general tent to dissappoint when finishing. A small flash of championship and that's it. Same goes for racing games. OR some times with a a victory lap.

What sucked for me was the ending of FFVIII. It was all a bit difficult to put the dots together. Or another thing is when you miss some bits and it goes by before you know because you was so into playing it.

Arcade games
GAME OVER
Please enter initials
New Character unlocked
now that can still be very cool. But the end movies are a bit bleh at times. Like with DOA. All that hard work for a few pretty pixels. Or a joke that is totally off.

Tecknowledgist 08-11-2008 06:43 PM

i just beat gta4. i assume i got the worst ending. because it fuckin sucked.