Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Digital Underground (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   anybody here fuck wit shenmue? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61840)

Mic Tyson 08-20-2008 09:21 PM

anybody here fuck wit shenmue?

to me those were probably 2 of the greatest games i ever played. for some reason it didn't get boring even tho u did a lot of shit that would seem like it was boring. i wish they continued on wit the series but oh well.

anybody else feelin these games?

Charles Barry 08-20-2008 09:34 PM

No doubt man, I was hoping they'd drop a part 3 but I don't think it's gonna happen now. Usually I don't like wide open games like that, but in Shenmue it was cool walking around the towns and getting into the story. I used to play them a lot.

Guarded By Martyrs 08-20-2008 10:39 PM

That game scared me...Just from how deep it went.
It was massive and very realistic.
I only played the first one, and I loved that game.
I think it paved the way for almost every role play game that followed...
So simple but so effective.
The Dreamcast was sick.

PEACE Mic

WARPATH 08-20-2008 11:21 PM

Played it, it was cool.

KZA 08-21-2008 01:20 AM

it was a great game.. too bad the third one will never see the light

Paranoid 08-21-2008 02:24 AM

i recently picked up the second one for xbox, still yet actually play it. i love the first one

SID 08-21-2008 03:43 AM

Shenmue was one of the best games ever made
i loved dreamcast

shaolinsword 08-21-2008 07:44 AM

Shenmue 1 is one of the best games ever made, number 2 in the top 10 imo.

The only negative thing I can say about Shemue is the QTE bollocks, especially the one when you're climbing a block of flats on the second game

Jet Set 08-26-2008 05:51 AM

I love it and hate it. The hate is there only because it left me hanging with the story. My Dreamcast will not die untill I finally finish the Shenmue story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolinsword (Post 1288094)
Shenmue 1 is one of the best games ever made, number 2 in the top 10 imo.

The only negative thing I can say about Shemue is the QTE bollocks, especially the one when you're climbing a block of flats on the second game

You know, and you may have noticed, every other game or so is now using QTE's in one way or another. Shenmue influenced a whole generation with that little twist on gaming. I thought it was pretty neat. Because it kept you active with the game. But sometimes it was just so out of teh blue that you missed it.
QTE's were a great fall at times. Makes me think of the changes they made in 2. Like skipping time, which you just had to play out in the first one. Bully had some influence form the time thing, but you passed out outside in that game. Shenmue always returned right to home after you started you last game a arcade game 5 second before curfew.