Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Digital Underground (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WTF my itunes (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63969)

6 Brix 09-27-2008 01:00 PM

WTF my itunes

i had like 200 albums and like videos on my itunes and i turned my pc on and nothings there, seems like itunes has restored its self. :frusty:

has this happend to anyone before ? and is there a way 2 get it back 2 normal without findin all the files and puttin them back on.

what a shitter :(

INF 09-27-2008 01:07 PM

yeah , thats why I dont fuck with iTunes no more. I refuse. I just quit messin with media players on a whole.

You never backed up your files?

Longbongcilvaringz 09-27-2008 01:10 PM

Um, all your music should still be in your assigned Itunes music library file....

So just go there, highlight all the artist's folders, and drag them into Itunes.

(i have a mac, but i assume the same applied for windows...)

Mr. X 09-27-2008 01:11 PM

It happened to me twice. I have all of my iTunes shit in one general folder though.

File > Add Folder to Library and pick the folder with all your shit in it.

Hope I've helped.

KZA 09-27-2008 04:50 PM

try putting them back on itunes? if you have not updated your ipod there is a way to get all your stuff back with a program.

6 Brix 09-27-2008 07:38 PM

just does my head in like, all my tunes are saved in my music > tunes
but for example, saved in folders like. "RZA feat." so its hard 2 get all bk into order.
would help if itunes saved the in the itunes folder album by abum

and i had, playlist like, RZA - Digi Snacks (with the album artwork all sorted)

grrrr... FUCK YOU ITUNES. this shits took me 2 years!

INF 09-27-2008 07:53 PM

Windows Media Player woulda never done u like that. or Foobar

6 Brix 09-27-2008 08:10 PM

hmmmm im considerin restorin my whole pc now but i see no point cuz im havin a mac in a few months anyway. shitttt, 2much of a dilema for a saterday niight after drinkin.

i guess its just bad kama, you download music... you itunes fucks its self in the ass...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS 09-27-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1331163)
It happened to me twice. I have all of my iTunes shit in one general folder though.

File > Add Folder to Library and pick the folder with all your shit in it.

Hope I've helped.

it's happen to me twice as well and i had everything backed luckly this time around so i just had to re-up all them

Mr. X 09-27-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6 Brix (Post 1331525)
just does my head in like, all my tunes are saved in my music > tunes
but for example, saved in folders like. "RZA feat." so its hard 2 get all bk into order.
would help if itunes saved the in the itunes folder album by abum

and i had, playlist like, RZA - Digi Snacks (with the album artwork all sorted)

grrrr... FUCK YOU ITUNES. this shits took me 2 years!

All your music is in 1 folder and then many sub folders right? If it's like mine it goes iTunes > iTunes Music > then assload of folders, right? Just pick the add folder then pick iTunes or iTunes music and then OK and everything in that folder will be upped, instead of each file or each individual folder sepreately you just have it load everything in that folder.

shaolinsword 09-28-2008 01:42 AM

Can you do a media scan on Itunes? I haven't used it since it screwed my computer up

INF 09-28-2008 11:54 AM

yeah , he's talking about having to tag all the "burnt" stuff again. That shit happens. There is nothing worse than having to sort through and listen to 11 different "track 1"'s.

shit sucks. When you get a new folder from here out just perma tag it so if you do gotta reup it again the info and art will be there.

Perma Tag

Longbongcilvaringz 09-28-2008 03:17 PM

Ok, im really facetious, so im not sure if anyone else would have the motivation to do this.

But i make a playlist for every album i have.

So if you want to do that, it is a bit quicker setting it up so in your library you get an album view sort of thing (where the album artwork is displayed next to the album in the main library, again, not sure if the latest windows version has this).

Then you can work your way down and drag just the album cover into the playlist section, and it should automatically transfer the title, but editing it isnt hard.

The tags thing makes no sense to me, because i have never had a problem with it.

Do you download tracks individually a lot?

Or something similar?

Because if not, maybe have a look at your setting more closely.

The above probably wasnt very helpful, but i figured it might be to someone.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS 10-05-2008 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Bateman (Post 1332295)
Ok, im really facetious, so im not sure if anyone else would have the motivation to do this.

But i make a playlist for every album i have.

So if you want to do that, it is a bit quicker setting it up so in your library you get an album view sort of thing (where the album artwork is displayed next to the album in the main library, again, not sure if the latest windows version has this).

Then you can work your way down and drag just the album cover into the playlist section, and it should automatically transfer the title, but editing it isnt hard.

The tags thing makes no sense to me, because i have never had a problem with it.

Do you download tracks individually a lot?

Or something similar?

Because if not, maybe have a look at your setting more closely.

The above probably wasnt very helpful, but i figured it might be to someone.

THAT'S HOW MY ITUNES IS SET UP AS WELL IT'S BASICALLY ALL ALBUMS AND NOT SONGS I HATE THAT INVIDUAL SONGS SHIT

Longbongcilvaringz 10-05-2008 04:44 AM

Exactly.