Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Reputation Points (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660)

CeeDub204 06-14-2005 10:24 AM

Reputation Points

I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I looked all over the FAQ's and else where, what do the reputation points do for you?

Tage 06-14-2005 10:25 AM

Re: Reputation Points

nothing, what does reputation in the real world do for you...?

lol.

and half the people on here jus fiend for the rep.. well, like i used to.

LOL

:)

num2son 06-14-2005 10:26 AM

I really don't know? And wants the point of spreading points too.

Skellington 06-14-2005 10:29 AM

It just adds points to y'r reputation, doesn't get you anywhere realy, just a funny lil' feature...that's all....

Tage 06-14-2005 10:36 AM

^yeh... its WHY WE'RE HERE!!!!

and where's my rep ciph.. lol

num2son 06-14-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09
It just adds points to y'r reputation, doesn't get you anywhere realy, just a funny lil' feature...that's all....

|)

Prolifical ENG 06-14-2005 10:41 AM

When you recieve reputation for your posts, when you get enough, you get more of those green squares beside your name. Every 100 points up to 500 gives you a green square...then after that its like 200 or something. The max squares you can get is like 11 I think.

Everyone starts off at 10 points...if you sink below 0, then you get a red square beside your name.

Basically, the people that pay attention to it, it will strengthen or weaken your posts because you do have a reputation for people that are new and dont know you that well.

The other ways to get repuation points (depending on the board and the way the admin set it up) is how long you've been here...your post count, and how often you give reputation....but not as much as when someone give you reputation points.

Also, if someone with a higher reputation gives you points, you will get more points yourself. if someone is new, your points wont change at all. I remember before when a mod here gave me rep points, it was like 12 points, while the common poster would be 2 or 3 points.

damn...that was a lot of typing of information.....I better get some points for this...especially from the people who didnt know.

edit: oh yeah, if you want to see where you recieved rep or how many points you have, check in your user CP below subscribed threads...or just click the percent sign on your own name on your post.

num2son 06-14-2005 10:44 AM

^^^I'll give you rep for that. THanks.

Prolifical ENG 06-14-2005 10:48 AM

also, it wont matter much now about reps.....in a year or so you will see some people with multiple squares. I think only about 10 of us had multiple squares just before the site crashed....so that was about 10 months worth of points.

when you put your curser over the squares, it will say a message...if you have 0-50 points it will say you are "on a distinguished road"

num2son 06-14-2005 10:52 AM

Distinguished Road to where?

Prolifical ENG 06-14-2005 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by num2son
Distinguished Road to where?

I dont know...thats the default for VBulletin message boards...then after that 50-something it says "<insert name here> will be famous soo enough". But the admins can change those little things to whatever they want...Ive seen some funny ones on other boards.

100pr00f 06-14-2005 11:19 AM

it shows u who is better lol who has more friends.....rep me now i need a friend lol

num2son 06-14-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100pr00f
it shows u who is better lol who has more friends.....rep me now i need a friend lol

LOL, I'll give you rep for no reason.

100pr00f 06-14-2005 11:45 AM

ooh i got a rep...here ill share

num2son 06-14-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100pr00f
ooh i got a rep...here ill share

Thanks.