Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   outside wu guest appereances on ablums, good or bad? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690)

whitey 06-14-2005 06:39 PM

outside wu guest appereances on ablums, good or bad?

i gotta say i do not like them.

they arent needed. shit like 36 chambers, forever and all the early individual cds, and no said date lately had none (to my knowledge, feel free to correct if i am wrong).

they maintain a certain flow and sound to them without outside shit. the new ghost and method man and stuff like that has some good songs on them(ghost more than meths), but overall they just sound like a bunch of songs put together. not a flowing peice of music.

anyone?

THE W 06-14-2005 07:22 PM

Re: outside wu guest appereances on ablums, good or bad?

i dont like it either.

wu-tang doesnt need outside anything with all the emence talent they have in their camp.

Liquidswordsman 06-14-2005 07:45 PM

Nas on "Verbal Intercourse" is the best and only guest appearence i ever liked, its like the all-star game of hip-hop songs. NO ONE CAN ARGUE THAT!

Prophet-One 06-14-2005 07:47 PM

Nas killed it on Verbal Intercourse but theres more then enough talent in house they really shouldnt be going anywhere other then wu camp for rhymes or beats

THE W 06-14-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidswordsman
Nas on "Verbal Intercourse" is the best and only guest appearence i ever liked, its like the all-star game of hip-hop songs. NO ONE CAN ARGUE THAT!

not to say that it never works out, but its rather unneccesary.

MNC 06-14-2005 08:00 PM

its good for the artis/producer featured...but bad for the wu....cuz it seems like they arent trying as hard with non wu artists....example Gza and jus Allah....

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man 06-14-2005 08:22 PM

they click better when it's strictly wu. 'strictly fam members only...'

did nas ever do another song with wu-tang cause i remember seeing on limewire a song called wu-tang ft. nas-my war but it didnt download. probably mislabling?

THE W 06-14-2005 08:26 PM

^let my niggaz live

wilson177 06-14-2005 08:32 PM

Terrible.. straight up terrible... Listen to The W if you don't agree..... by far the worst clan album.... of coarse when u got talent like Nas you're gunna have a good track here or there but as other people have said its unnecessary.. why put Snoop on an album when u can put Shyheim of Killah Preist?

THE W 06-14-2005 08:35 PM

i love the W but those guest appearances did a lot of harm and very little good.

thwak 06-14-2005 08:43 PM

just to let you know gza was also on the new vinnie paz (come on it isn't jedi mind tricks it's just vinnie paz now!) cd as well as the allah cd. I also wouldn't be surprised if he appeared on the PCP cd or if they appeared on his cd... I really hope that doesn't happen though.

Tres.Bo. 06-14-2005 08:49 PM

i wouldn't touch anything wu that features snoop

thwak 06-14-2005 09:05 PM

what about that remix of a JC chasez track that the ODB did?
or the mariah carrey track?

Mixtape Mutt 06-14-2005 09:05 PM

I thought the conversation btwn. Meth and Flava Flave on Soul Power (Iron Flag) was kinda funny. "Westbury? Yeah I got family up in Westbury!" haha.

THE W 06-14-2005 09:11 PM

i dont really care if wu cats go and make a mess on someone elses album as long as its not on a wu joint.