Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Power of the Mind (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72090)

Uncle Steezo 02-18-2009 06:21 PM

Power of the Mind

i was thinking about this in the sleep thread.

DREAMS...
okay imagine there was a way to watch someones dream in real time.

the sleeping person has a dream that spans a whole day but in reality was only about 6 hrs.

wouldn't the observer see things moving at 4x the speed?

does that mean that we can process information that fast or faster?

could you watch a movie on fast forward?

construct.

Ghost In The 'Lac 02-18-2009 06:30 PM

I dont really get this as time is never a reality in dreams, you say a whole day dream, ive never known about the timespan of any of my dreams or over how long they were supposed to be set

maybe you do though

but i actually read in a recent new scientist that they had succeded in Japan of recording someones thoughts for the first time. the showed a person picture of a word, and they used all the signals in the brain to map out a photo of the word just of the impulses of the brain seeing the word.

very early stages, but they say in the future 'seeing' dreams could work from the same way.

Uncle Steezo 02-18-2009 06:38 PM

well today i had a dream that i can specifically remember it being a morning, an afternoon and a night with detailed events taking place in each timeframe.

i was only asleep for a few hrs.

is the mind running on fastforward?

Mumm Ra 02-18-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYLE (Post 1492069)

sounds a little like speed reading
like if you move your eyes across a sentence without taking the time to form the mental verbalization of each word, your mind will still understand it

Uncle Steezo 02-18-2009 06:53 PM

true indeed.

peep this
Quote:

Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Sarah UK 02-18-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYLE (Post 1492086)
well today i had a dream that i can specifically remember it being a morning, an afternoon and a night with detailed events taking place in each timeframe.

i was only asleep for a few hrs.

is the mind running on fastforward?

Well, for me, it's kinda like a movie. I think my mind skips the unimportant bits. If you get what I mean.

My dreams recently have been weird as hell. I wish I could explain them but when I try to I forget exactly what was so weird about them and they sound boring.

Ghost In The 'Lac 02-18-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYLE (Post 1492109)
true indeed.

peep this

Ive seen this before and its not really true. You can easily make those words unreadable if you mess them up more.

Like Anidcorcg or Ustrevinciy, you couldnt figure them out like that

TSA 02-18-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

DREAMS...

the sleeping person has a dream that spans a whole day but in reality was only about 6 hrs.

construct.

well its like a movie, it didn't take 75 years to play that a movie that spans 75 years.

my dreams jump to scenes and shit, some are more memorable then others and im sure its not a unique thing.

EAGLE EYE 02-18-2009 08:40 PM

im waiting for that next dream...

i think Cujo will be in it

Uncle Steezo 02-18-2009 09:20 PM

so do you think you dream in real time?

@ Lacey- i seen a man die with his brains running down the gutter in a river of blood.
there was at least 10 people around him watching him twitch until he laid motionless staring into the sky.

don't be that nigga

diggy 02-19-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

DREAMS...

construct.

we would probably see things going at a high speed, but i don't know if we can process info that fast in waking hours

the sight while we are awake is based on the physical eye and the brain which has selective attention, so you do not notice everything

but dreams are based on something else. i don't know for sure

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA 02-19-2009 11:17 PM

anyone here ever have simutanious dreams, like on one level of conciousness your dreaming about work, and on another your dreaming about third grade,

it only happened to me a couple of time, but one theory i have is that the blood comming from my heart through my artheries was transmiting one dream to my brain, and the blood leaving my heart through my vain was transmiting another one.

also, does anybody ever wake up from a dream into another dream, and then wake up again to find the ´real`world. That shit makes me think it would be possible to wake up from this world, and find some elements of it as absurd as the elements of common dreams.

TSA 02-19-2009 11:23 PM

..have you guys never had a dream?
no dream happens step by step by step and shit, something happens, then another thing happens, then another thing happens

you can be at your house then 2 seconds be at school and there's no detail to anything, so its not a mind blown revelation that dreams dont happen in...real time.

diggy 02-19-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin (Post 1493184)
..have you guys never had a dream?
no dream happens step by step by step and shit, something happens, then another thing happens, then another thing happens

you can be at your house then 2 seconds be at school and there's no detail to anything, so its not a mind blown revelation that dreams dont happen in...real time.

haha good point

i had alot of dreams that go from scene to scene like some visual story board for a movie or like a comic book

my dreams are mostly straight to the point like that

my dreams are sometimes symbolic or actual

beautifulrock 02-20-2009 12:00 AM

I smoked a little leak in a blunt one time and tried to play basketball, it was like watching a movie with a third of the frames missing. I don't know why I brought that up. Continue....