Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Did Onyx take a shot at the Wu? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72724)

12weLvE 03-01-2009 12:09 PM

Did Onyx take a shot at the Wu?

YOU DIRTY MUTHAFUCKIN' RAT! I CHA-CHA-CHA
Now they got me on the line, too tender (WHY?!), cuz I killed the inspector
Rzarection, and equal protection, written, burnin'

Was bumping Onyx Back da fuck up last night and ran into those lines.

Probably not, but does anybody know if they ever beefed?

Butter 03-01-2009 12:17 PM

no.

Monkdude 03-01-2009 01:51 PM

i doubt it they did some joints together

JEM 03-01-2009 02:00 PM

actally..i recall hearin this 1 story..(i dunno if its true)
that when the clan was makin noise in 93/94...onyx was a little curious about why the wu were gettin so much love and sticky apparently was like "who the fuck is this dude method man?" and wanted to battle him or sumthin like that..then when they finally met they had a cypher and left with mutual respect..jus on some competition type shit...anyone else hear about this?

THE MASON 03-01-2009 02:06 PM

i dont think they ever had beef, if they did they must have got over it cuz they made this dope track

SuperNaturalWU 03-01-2009 03:31 PM

its probably true.
around 1999-2000 fredro was promoting his album in the uk i think westwood, they played "What If" you know whats that about, and fredro felt that onyx brought the ruckas before wu tang,he felt they were the first who were grimey...of course he talked with respect,but felt unappreciated and not credited.
so it could be that they felt so at the time when bacdafucup came out.

12weLvE 03-01-2009 07:50 PM

Thanks for the info yall. I was like hmmmmm lol.

Dominus Santorini 03-01-2009 08:16 PM

Playful shots, Sticky said they've been doing that stuff for years. I'll try and find the quote.

spiggity_ace 03-01-2009 08:29 PM

for some reason i always think that sticky and meth are good friends. And i highly doubt they have beef like others have sed recently i asked sticky a question about gettin wu members on the new album and he sed hes tryin to get a beat from rza.

hectis 03-01-2009 08:32 PM

no

missD 03-02-2009 05:08 AM

On Triggernometry album there is a skit called Wu da competition - Sticky said here that he really wanted to battle them, especially Dirty & Meth: "when I heard Wu, I was like: them niggaz is hot, I wanna battle him & him, Meth & Dirty" So it was because he actually liked them & not because they beefed, they never did.
When I talked to raekwon he said he respects them and if I know that they made a track together which I of course do lol. And there are more Onyx tracks with Wu members on it.
But fredro really said in an interview that onyx brought ruckus before wu and get no credit for it - which is true so that's not a problem. He also said that groups like MOP & Wu came after Onyx and were watchin them while makin their albums. And he also said that onyx got the best logo in the game besides Wu-tang. I remember him sayin all this but don't have the links so if u don't believe me find it yourself :)

and oh btw, fredro talkin about Evil Streetz:

FREDRO STARR: That’s my favorite record [on the album], that’s the record I want to run with too; the “Evil Streets Remix” is crazy. Meth is our man, we was on tour with the Wu-Tang. Onyx and Wu-Tang, at first it seemed like we wasn’t going to get along and shit ‘cause there was a little situation we had with Ol’ Dirty Bastard and a couple of other things that happened. I mean, Wu-Tang came out right after us and they was hot so it was like our competition and shit. So people never thought Onyx and Wu would ever do a record together but we did things with Method Man and Sticky Fingaz did a record with Raekwon and also we did “The Worst” with the whole Wu-Tang. So I just think [our sounds] worked together.
We did the “Evil Streets Remix” in D&D Studios, right after there was a shootout in the studio like the week before. So we just called Method Man like, come down and do a joint with us. So he came in and stayed there the whole night with us until the song was mixed. That’s one thing I do love about Meth, with some artists they lay down they verse and they out. Meth came and fucked with us the whole night. My whole Gang Green crew was there, the All City niggas was around. So Meth was rockin’ with us and that record in the studio matched the energy in the air that it came from. I did the track when I was doing my beats and we loved [Method Man’s] verse, so it worked together.

Afficial_Nastee 03-02-2009 05:30 AM

No not at all....

If they was beefin' they wouldn't make that collab "The Worst"....

Anyway it's true what Fredro says, The Madface Logo is the illest logo in Hip-Hop ....