Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Are we being "Virtualized"? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73158)

Ghost In The 'Lac 03-08-2009 08:43 PM

Are we being "Virtualized"?

Are we, as westerners, begeninning to prefer virtualizations, rather than the real thing?

Idk when this started exactly, but it came out as a pandemic when text messaging took off in the late 90's early 2000's. Texting has quickly become more preferable to the real act of speaking.

But now I think its grown 1000x to nearly all things that humans do, in the future, will be virtualizations, to keep us from enjoying real things. We actually build up a taste, acquired, for the video virtualization. We dont need to go trekking in some national park to see natural beauty, when I can sit in comfort at home and watch this awesom Nature program on my 42in sony plasma surround sound. Im basically there, anyway right?

A study came out last week,talking about the poor fidelity and quality MP3 music has, in comparison to the fuller cleaner sounds of vinyl and CD's, BUT that said that young people are beginning very quickly to actually prefferring the tinnier more grainy sound of an MP3, to the older natural rich sound of a vinyl record. People used to be "comforted" by the sound of the needle in the dusty record groove. Now new generations are put off by that.

Thats slightly off topic but its just showing how we can easily be manipulated over time to accept something that was not as good as the original.

Ipods
Iphones
Internet
Phones/blackberrys
Home theaters
ESPN
HD
Movies
Computer Gaming
Twitter
Blogging
DVD players
LCD TV's
Cable TV

etc all things that are taking over our lives, leaving zero time for a life in the natural world.

mans connection to nature is strong. man must be weaned away from this deep bond, so that the powers that be can go ahead with their raping of the land, without too much trouble. we are being tunneled. We are being flooded with electronics that are taking us away from who we really are, naturally.

Why?

"We are borrowing our planet from our children."

What are we leaving them?

diggy 03-08-2009 08:55 PM

mp3s do not have grainy sound

i think u answered your own question in your post

EAGLE EYE 03-08-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 1511948)

I read the same study he's talking about. Mp3's do have a grainy sound which is due to the compression algorithm for that format.

Listen to a song encoded in .flac then listen to the same song encoded in mp3.You will notice a huge difference, but will need high-end speakers or ear phones.

Also buy some Q-tips lil man.

diggy 03-08-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle (Post 1511964)
I read the same study he's talking about. Mp3's do have a grainy sound which is due to the compression algorithm for that format.

Listen to a song encoded in .flac then listen to the same song encoded in mp3.You will notice a huge difference, but will need high-end speakers or ear phones.

.flac?

whatever, man

prove your point by posting the same tracks in different formats, THEN i would agree

btw, q-tips are not meant to be used to clean the inner ear!

EAGLE EYE 03-08-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 1511967)
.flac?

whatever, man

prove your point by posting the same tracks in different formats, THEN i would agree

btw, q-tips are not meant to be used to clean the inner ear!

I don't need to waste my time uploading tracks when I'm right.

PALEFORCE 03-08-2009 09:56 PM

diggys right abou the qtips
and get the fuck out of ktl if your not gonna construct

EAGLE EYE 03-08-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palehorse (Post 1511999)

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto...-main_Full.jpg

whitey 03-08-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggy (Post 1511948)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle (Post 1511964)

slang is right on that. but although its supposed to be that way, most people can realistically not tell a huge difference. the sound quality is no where near poor. its good. just not as good as it possibly could be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by palehorse (Post 1511999)

come on guys. ktl is for conspiracy theories only. leave the rest of the stuff to the other chambers.

EAGLE EYE 03-08-2009 10:29 PM

I used to have a couple albums encoded in .flac and they sounded great when played through quality speakers. Other wise I just rip or download all my cds at 320Kbps which is good enough.

Sound quality is a hard topic for Wu Tang Fans to digest when they've spent their entire life listening to dusty gritty drums.

TSA 03-08-2009 10:39 PM

LAMO!

i agree with ghostlace with the texting. ppl have almost become avoidant of acutally talking on the phone.

talking is to phones what emails are to internet. You only do it if it's important now, and it feels like a drag for some reason

Edgar Erebus 03-09-2009 04:10 AM

It's unavoidable, so get used to it.

Edgar Erebus 03-09-2009 04:15 AM

I was actually thinking, if we are surrounded by exclusively obese, stupid (STUPID) and connected-to-internet couch potatoes, without ever realizing that there is something else, would we ever feel bad as if we're missing something? Probably not. In that case is going "virtualized" and deprived of senses a bad thing at all?

whitey 03-09-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin (Post 1512035)
LAMO!

i agree with ghostlace with the texting. ppl have almost become avoidant of acutally talking on the phone.

talking is to phones what emails are to internet. You only do it if it's important now, and it feels like a drag for some reason

you mean talking on the phone is like sending an actual letter.

because email is more than alive and kicking. and sending letters are really only done if needs to be done, for the most.

Dirty Knowledge 03-10-2009 09:56 PM

I notice that a loooot of people on the internet are also in to phone sex/cyber sex.
So to go one step further, even some peoples' SEX LIVES are being virtualized.
On top of all the other things you listed.
So yeah I do believe it.
I mean computers (and shady politicians) run the fucking planet.

whitey 03-10-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge (Post 1513792)
I notice that a loooot of people on the internet are also in to phone sex/cyber sex.
So to go one step further, even some peoples' SEX LIVES are being virtualized.

On top of all the other things you listed.
So yeah I do believe it.
I mean computers (and shady politicians) run the fucking planet.

those are just the herbs that weren't getting any pussy in the first place.