Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   is "Spot Light" really a track scrapped from 'The W'? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73943)

claaa7 03-24-2009 08:24 AM

is "Spot Light" really a track scrapped from 'The W'?
 
I heard about "Spot Light" being a song that was recorded for "The W" sessions.. i think the rumour spread from that RZA played the beat in the studio sessions in an interview but apparantly it had the "Rebull" lyrics. So can anyone clarify if the whole song, lyrics and all is recorded for "The W" or is it just that the beat was originally "Red Bull" and later Wu jumped on the beat for the Math album in 2004. it appears on "The Problem" as a bonus though and it's the illest song on the whole LP so it might be.. any clarificiation on this??

if this is true "Spot Light" should definitely have replaced "Handclap" as the hidden song because then the album would go out on a bang. What you think?

Don Universo 03-24-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claaa7 (Post 1526396)
I heard about "Spot Light" being a song that was recorded for "The W" sessions.. i think the rumour spread from that RZA played the beat in the studio sessions in an interview but apparantly it had the "Rebull" lyrics. So can anyone clarify if the whole song, lyrics and all is recorded for "The W" or is it just that the beat was originally "Red Bull" and later Wu jumped on the beat for the Math album in 2004. it appears on "The Problem" as a bonus though and it's the illest song on the whole LP so it might be.. any clarificiation on this??

if this is true "Spot Light" should definitely have replaced "Handclap" as the hidden song because then the album would go out on a bang. What you think?

Not to change the subject, but spotlite was no way the illest song on the Math album. I personally think strawberries and cream is the best. Maybe if capp didn't spit that below avg verse(as usual lately)spotlite would've been the illest. they shoulda had Streetlife on it instead of capp.

Anyway i think spotlite should've replaced mc conditioner(still love odb)but that was the weak song on the W album.

claaa7 03-24-2009 08:49 AM

^^ "Conditioner" was weak but it was more like an intermission plus the GZA freestyle at the end almost made up for it.. "Hand Clap" was a horrible way to end the album after the serious "Jah World" (which was a perfect closer) but "Spot Light" would at least bring some energy to the end of the LP like we still in the game and running... forgot about "Strawberries & Cream" though, that's a real dope song though it's a remix; "Real Nillaz" was ill as fuck too.

claaa7 03-24-2009 08:54 AM

here is the original tracklist from "The W" though, this is what my booklet/CD says as it's one of the first presses...

1a) Jah World (Intro)
1b) Chamber Musik
2) Careful (Click, Click)
3) Hollow Bones
4) Conditioner (ft. Snoop Dogg)
5a) The Monument (ft. Busta Rhymes)
5b) Jah World: Intermission (ft. Junior Reid)
6) Do You Really (Thang Thang)
7) One Blood Under W (ft. Junior Reid)
8) Let My Niggas Live (ft. Nas)
9) Gravel Pit
10) Shaolin Finger Jab
11) Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off)
12) Redbull (ft. Redman) [maybe w/ Spot Light beat]
13a) I Can't Go to Sleep
13b) Outro


i would love to hear this, i wonder if any advance leaked with this version.. kind of similiair to the Canadian version of Supreme Clienetele.

portis24 03-24-2009 08:57 AM

your cd plays in that order or that's just what the book says?

claaa7 03-24-2009 09:03 AM

^^ nah that's that the booklet and back of CD says, but they had a sticker over it on the back with the actual tracklist but i changed case for it since it was worn down.. i've been fiending for "Shaolin Finger Jabs" for nearly 10 years, where the fuck is J-Love at??

anywayz I noticed that Meth's verse on "Spot Light" is from "The W" so maybe that's why they didn't include it.. no matter what i think it would be the perfect closing to the album as opposed to the mediocre "Hand Clap" (is this also a Math beat, i heard so)?

pmack215 03-24-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claaa7 (Post 1526425)
here is the original tracklist from "The W" though, this is what my booklet/CD says as it's one of the first presses...

1a) Jah World (Intro)
1b) Chamber Musik
2) Careful (Click, Click)
3) Hollow Bones
4) Conditioner (ft. Snoop Dogg)
5a) The Monument (ft. Busta Rhymes)
5b) Jah World: Intermission (ft. Junior Reid)
6) Do You Really (Thang Thang)
7) One Blood Under W (ft. Junior Reid)
8) Let My Niggas Live (ft. Nas)
9) Gravel Pit
10) Shaolin Finger Jab
11) Redbull (ft. Redman) [maybe w/ Spot Light beat]
12) I Can't Go to Sleep
13) Outro


i would love to hear this, i wonder if any advance leaked with this version.. kind of similiair to the Canadian version of Supreme Clienetele.


your cd doesnt have "the jumpoff" ?????

portis24 03-24-2009 09:10 AM

i know it's been talked about before but the track "the w" should have been on there as well with rza's verse included but iagree that spotlight would have been a much better closing track and i do believe hand clap is a math beat because it show's up on his first cd as thank u dj or something like that

Don Universo 03-24-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claaa7 (Post 1526439)
^^ nah that's that the booklet and back of CD says, but they had a sticker over it on the back with the actual tracklist but i changed case for it since it was worn down.. i've been fiending for "Shaolin Finger Jabs" for nearly 10 years, where the fuck is J-Love at??

anywayz I noticed that Meth's verse on "Spot Light" is from "The W" so maybe that's why they didn't include it.. no matter what i think it would be the perfect closing to the album as opposed to the mediocre "Hand Clap" (is this also a Math beat, i heard so)?

I think hand clap was a dope song(maybe it didn't fit the W)but that was a much better ending than 8D wit "tar pit" at the end followed by an even shittier outro.

claaa7 03-24-2009 09:15 AM

damn i listened to it now, since i was bumping through "The W" and heard this rumours i feelt i should try to put on it after Jah World.. Meth's verse is from HandClap and Deck's verse is actually from Red Bull so yeah i guess this answered my own question... shit this really should have been a great way for them to go out, the album is close to a masterpiece in my book, fuck the haters but this is more back to 36 chambers style than Forever was.. more simply, battle-oriented rhymes and production had lot of samples on it. "Hand Clap" is my only concern, "Jah World" is epic and following that up with the Clap is a weak move, but Spot Light would be just right.

Don Universo 03-24-2009 09:22 AM

^Wu tang forever was never meant to sound like 36 chambers....forever is a whole other chamber...I do agree that the W was takin it back to the 36 sound.

claaa7 03-24-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmack215 (Post 1526444)
your cd doesnt have "the jumpoff" ?????

yes it does, fixed now.. but as i said this is not how my cd sounds, it has the regular tracklist when listened but the credits and sequence is fucked up like on early pressings on Suprme Cienetele and Bulletproof Wallets.

portis24 03-24-2009 09:55 AM

somebody should put their cd in that order and see how does it sound

claaa7 03-24-2009 10:03 AM

^^ yes i've been thinking alot about that, but we're missing the full "Shaolin Finger Jab".. i remember in interviews in 99 RZA was talking bout this real gritty song but it endded up being just an intro/interlude sadly and since then a full version never showed up.. also "Jah World" is split into 2, the intro and the interlude, i guess the first is Ghost's verse and Reids first chorus while the second is RZA's plus Reid. there's also an outro listed that we have no clue about what it might be.

if someone's good at mixing it would be interesting to hear the "Jah World" parts properly mixed and sequenced with the rest of the tracklist + just use the 50 second clip of "Shaolin Finger Jab" as an interlude. the outro might be the one "YACUB, MAKER AND THE CONTROLLER".

portis24 03-24-2009 10:14 AM

you have it figured out we just have to figure out how or who can do it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one